Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball- The come & get it Trophy.

Just a bit of Blu Tack holding it together for the photos should keep him happy...

Ooh good idea! I am pretty sure we have some of that in the kitchen drawer of assorted rubber bands, lost keys, twist-ties, etc. (everyone has one of those drawers in the house, right? knowing some of you guys, it probably fills a whole room/garage...)

Will try the blutack this week, and i am still on the lookout for a cool American car hood ornament to screw on in place of the broken plastic disc. Any objections to that, and/or to hot-glueing on some game tokens from various places it visits? I think i have at least one from Netherworld, and a couple from local PDX and Michigan venues.

I just booked tickets for a trip to NYC at the end of this month, so it looks like CAGIT may get a chance to visit the Sunshine Laundromat too!

You need this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126017[/ATTACH]

This one looks more interesting to me... Remember kids, Safety Third!

welding-portrait-naked-torso-young-athletic-guy-gas-torch-dark-background-fitness-concept-408629.jpg.bfd601cac4ed2397ded8e94723d2f376.jpg

But seriously, my only welder is in NZ and gave up all his equipment in favor of desk-work. We'll have to find a lower-temperature solution this time. Although... would a homemade flame-thrower help? This is one example of what the friends i'm visiting in NYC get up to in their free time:

They also made a lemonade-peeing, glitter-snorting unicorn with a flaming horn for a wedding, so i suspect they would have some fun ideas if we have time to think about it that weekend.

• Administrators
This one looks more interesting to me... Remember kids, Safety Third!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126019[/ATTACH]

Heeeyyy, where did you get a photo of me when I was 20????? Hmmmm?

(**cough**)

Dave

Add to it, snap bits off, what does it matter.!? It's doing it's thing, and even better it's half way around the world..! Just keep it alive is the main thing me thinks. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Who cares if it’s broken, just another part of the story.:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Heeeyyy, where did you get a photo of me when I was 20????? Hmmmm?

(**cough**)

Dave

I see you used to work out, what happened?:unsure

• Administrators
Who cares if it’s broken, just another part of the story.:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I see you used to work out, what happened?:unsure

Same thing that happened to you mate.....beer!

:)

A league of CAGIT's own

CAGITbi.thumb.jpg.5f0eeeb18af0bcb734dc6826ef3cf1f7.jpg

CAGIT joined my league team for the night at Belmont Inn. The bluetack worked great, so hopefully no complaints this time. Our gang of plucky Pinball Outreach Project (in exile at ESD) players defeated the men of Multi-Balls Deep at their home bar to stay on top of the Spring league standings: http://www.pinballpdx.org/league/standings/spring-2018/ I am sure the trophy brought us much needed luck, as we had a few very close games. Thanks!

Our opponents only choose Star Wars and No Fear for some reason. And their SW strategy consisted of TIE FIGHTERS and nothing but. We were lucky they did not know about using the multipliers, though, as they also seemed to have a fascination with the asteroid field video mode. The other woman from my team present yesterday (we have a third woman on our ten-person team too, but she was out of town this weekend) took much satisfaction in our plunge and walk win on a Monster Bash double; even though i drained before hitting the scoop right after i lit the eponymous mode i didn't turn out to need it.

Line-up here included (in addition to MB, SW, and NF) GotG, Metallica, Medieval Madness, Funhouse. Oh, and a big buck hunter? Is that how you get a deer head on the ceiling? Or maybe it was roofkill from the flying car?

Well done @adania you must be happy sitting aloft the top of the ladder. Looks like a great league and concept. Having home turf and playing away at opponents bars/venue would make for some great banter and rivalry. Would be cool to get the Pinball Mafia together to come over and do a tour......lol. What do you think @rusty_dagger @saber007 @Dicky @Clownshoes @JoeSoap @Lambo @raysco @roland rat

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Correct, anyone can just ask for it. You don't win it. :)

Yup, i was just joking about that earlier, if that is what the concern came from. I will protect it from anyone who tries to prevent it getting back to you Aussies, is all.

I mean, if you want me to actually give it to whatever random person asks for it in Portland, i will. But i suspect you'd rather i make sure it gets back to your giant island when i come to Gold Coast in May (wtf the flights i was looking at went up US$600 overnight!) or goes with @Twazu to Pinburgh to meet back up with yous.

Yup, i was just joking about that earlier, if that is what the concern came from. I will protect it from anyone who tries to prevent it getting back to you Aussies, is all.

I mean, if you want me to actually give it to whatever random person asks for it in Portland, i will. But i suspect you'd rather i make sure it gets back to your giant island when i come to Gold Coast in May (wtf the flights i was looking at went up US$600 overnight!) or goes with @Twazu to Pinburgh to meet back up with yous.

The whole idea is to see where it goes & who got it there. No person or country owns it. It's that simple.

I’ve got a few destinations for it in mind, @adania! Might need to get it up to Seattle (shame it’s missing my tourney at the beach this weekend!) soon...

Excellent idea! It's in NYC with me this weekend, so wrong coast for the beach party, but i'm taking it to Sunshine Laundromat shortly after closing this laptop. Let's figure out a Seattle trip for it when i get back.

Excellent idea! It's in NYC with me this weekend, so wrong coast for the beach party, but i'm taking it to Sunshine Laundromat shortly after closing this laptop. Let's figure out a Seattle trip for it when i get back.

Perfect! I'll be up there for Seattle Pinball League on the 14th.

Little CAGIT's trip to the Big Apple!

CAGIT came along with me to New York for my friend's 40th birthday celebration (yeah, i apparently am that old as of this Wednesday too) and we took a trip to Sunshine Laundromat to see what all the fuss is about. I have to say, it totally exceeded my expectations! Cute doggos, secret doors within doors, pinball machines on top of washing machines, amusingly varied selection in the vending machine (need some lube or Plan B anyone?), humorously serious signs dotted around the business (eg. "100% surcharge on any loads containing "Make America Great Again" garments in the full-service laundry," using the A from their health code inspection in their pinbAll window sign, Out-of-Order sign taped over the Big Lebowski coin-slots suggests playing a washing machine would be more enjoyable...etc). Such great attention to detail! And the machines were in great playing condition too, and other than the sunny glare coming in the skylight, the illumination for most games was also superb. And i got to see and and play Houdini for my first time, which i enjoyed very very much. And the neighborhood it's in! Everyone is seriously speaking Polish all around you. The signs are bilingual Polish-English in the shop windows (instead of with Spanish or Chinese as everywhere else in NY). Had some delicious pierogi across the street after my games and pictures. Thanks very much to Peter for introducing me to the dogs (one was named Chocolate Monster, but i forget the other's name) and letting me take photos. He declined to write in the notebook, as he was busy fixing things and taking care of business, but seemed excited about the trophy and its travels.

Without further ado, the photo evidence:

SunshineLaundromat03.thumb.jpg.4cfec003b1d94a4d6341be996d9e5ef0.jpgSunshineLaundromat02.thumb.jpg.8820f37c902269ab15471128d56f8de4.jpgSunshineLaundromat01.thumb.jpg.1cedf151f21e253fcd6914cfdf1de39d.jpgSunshineLaundromat04.thumb.jpg.c29839c477d002a9b5f81f621d02d254.jpgSunshineLaundromat05.thumb.jpg.ee60b323e1f9d96f51f3025fe8660d47.jpgSunshineLaundromat06.thumb.jpg.a4ec647a8bf6c7dd23b887113c11d95d.jpg

Edited by adania
pinball machine -> washing machine