Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinfest 2017

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Manny you're welcome. Yes bring a pinball next time that would be great. Sorry I had to kick you out when we tried to clear the room...

No probs at all ... always the way that you have the best game at closing time. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Where did he get his Centaur Tshirt? ... I want one

I bought it for him at the Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda, CA. They don't sell anything online to my knowledge, and I've not seen them available anywhere else, but haven't really looked honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought it for him at the Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda, CA. They don't sell anything online to my knowledge, and I've not seen them available anywhere else, but haven't really looked honestly.

Correcting myself - they do have an online store (https://www.pacificpinball.org/online-store) - however I don't see the Centaur shirt there.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloke from Port Stephens. He is not on AA from memory.

It was a nice example. Would love to hear the story about the signatures on it.. I could make out Mark Richards, Peter McCabe and Matt Hoy - all legends. Very cool.

Pinfest 2017

Whos Surf Champ?

There was one for sale on the Facebook page Australian Pinball Buy and Sell today. Is a Surfer which I think is the single player wedge head version. He was selling it with a Theatre of Magic, but may want to split it.

586a3868e8177f33f048990185d9e72f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was one for sale on the Facebook page Australian Pinball Buy and Sell today. Is a Surfer which I think is the single player wedge head version. He was selling it with a Theatre of Magic, but may want to split it.

586a3868e8177f33f048990185d9e72f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot

edit- wiredougs already after it....

22359395_10155787668148114_709849100_n.jpg.f2e050ebae2f59afb4d9b44b78709081.jpg

The people that made Pinfest possible...

Most of them anyway - some could not be present or were already packing up their games.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's who I think owns it, he is on here.

He bought it from us on here.

Marco I think it was Ross.

Sent by using mental telepathy

Yes it was Ross....now that I think about it he did say he is on AA but rarely posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117567[/ATTACH]

^^^

I'd like to thank all of these people for busting their arses to make this happen.

Another great Pinfest.

It was great to catch up with the regulars again and the opportunity to meet some new faces.

^^^

I'd like to thank all of these people for busting their arses to make this happen.

Another great Pinfest.

It was great to catch up with the regulars again and the opportunity to meet some new faces.

I concur @toads, A great effort by all involved in making this happen. Its a lot of personal time and effort they put in to make this Pinfest happen, and us Mexicans from the Bayside Pinball Club thank you all for making this event happen, well done :041:

I concur @toads, A great effort by all involved in making this happen. Its a lot of personal time and effort they put in to make this Pinfest happen, and us Mexicans from the Bayside Pinball Club thank you all for making this event happen, well done :041:
So can we expect to see the Battle Pinnie at next years Pinfest??

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Wow. What a fantastic weekend. Thanks to the NPA for putting on a fantastic event and thanks to those who came along to play some pinball.

Fiona and I saw plenty of familiar faces as well as meeting some new faces to match the usernames with. Many thanks to Dave @furballx for creating the AA name tags - I will be saving mine to wear again next year. It was great to chat to everyone and get some context to their posts on AA :)

I decided to bring the Getaway along to show my support and it was an awesome experience. I would encourage everyone to bring a machine to Pinfest if possible. If you love the idea of fixing your machines and then giving them a workout akin to what they got in the early 1990s, Pinfest is the place to do it. It was a great talking point and interesting to chat to others from AA about their own machines including mods, problems, and fixes.

I like to collect data from the audits on my machines whenever I take them to an event like this. Getaway was last at the ACT Pinball Championships in August and I posted some of the audit data in this thread. I also collected some data from Pinfest. This is what it looks like:

1084504588_Pinfestaudits.JPG.f5be7f0dd098463cee4f1e017b95b551.JPG

Over 300 games, 16 hours of straight gameplay and over 20,000 right flips!

With all those plays come problems. I was surprised how many issues I had considering I had everything finely tuned before Pinfest. Issues were:

• Balls would not lock - disappearing post had slipped down too low. Reassembled and raised assembly; all good.
  • Plunger would not fire - not sure what caused this. There was power at the coil. No loose wires. Earthing the transistor did nothing. I earthed the coil manually and it fired and started working normally again. Still a mystery...
  • Ramp lifting mechanism stopped working - not sure what caused this. Rebuilt the assembly; all good.
  • Ramp lifting mechanism stopped working again - armature sub-assembly had come loose. Reattached and reassembled; all good.

Everything got fixed in no time at all. Many thanks to Chris @getaway for helping me out with the ramp issues. It's actually fun to see if and how someone can break your machine... but maybe that's just me!

Can't wait for next year!

With all those plays come problems. I was surprised how many issues I had considering I had everything finely tuned before Pinfest. Issues were:

• Balls would not lock - disappearing post had slipped down too low. Reassembled and raised assembly; all good.
  • Plunger would not fire - not sure what caused this. There was power at the coil. No loose wires. Earthing the transistor did nothing. I earthed the coil manually and it fired and started working normally again. Still a mystery...
  • Ramp lifting mechanism stopped working - not sure what caused this. Rebuilt the assembly; all good.
  • Ramp lifting mechanism stopped working again - armature sub-assembly had come loose. Reattached and reassembled; all good.

Everything got fixed in no time at all. Many thanks to Chris @getaway for helping me out with the ramp issues. It's actually fun to see if and how someone can break your machine... but maybe that's just me!

Can't wait for next year!

1082 games played, nice. That would of equate to about $800@ $1 play.

Your machine was set up nice I thought.

Problems are to be expected. Now you know your problems and with this knowledge you will make the machine better is the way I see it.

It was good to play a good, working example of the title. Even though I do own a Getaway, no two are "exactly' the same. Yours is a bit prettier, mine is a bit faster.

Interesting to see the audits, your ball time is about 6 seconds longer than mine but you would have had a fair share of "gumbys" playing yours over the time so I would say mine is more a thief of the ball than yours probably due to the faster speed.;)

She did a couple of ball searches. Was the ball getting stuck somewhere maybe?.

I wouldn't be to worried about your "minor problems" over the weekend. Nothing that didn't happen when they were a lot newer.

Just target those exact problems you had and she will be bullet proof. It gives you some idea the work involved to make and maintain a machine for the street doesn't it especially when it only takes one paying customer to complain about a fault and some idiot would turn it off on site and the coins would stop till you get back a day or two later to fix it.

A very nice playing machine I thought. Well done and thanks for allowing others to play a fine example of a classic top earner.

Where you get the decals

That's the one I want for mine

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

It was an unfinished one of @stuzza that I grabbed and tweaked to how I wanted it, but I can't find the file online anymore as most of his images are being hidden by some Photobucket hosting thing. If you look HERE you'll see a couple of variations that Stuzza finished off from the same start (among heaps of others he designed) but I took some other parts from other designs he had done and brought it together for this.

Sorry, I've been out of reception. Yeah it's my Surf Champ machine, , only had it a short time. More signatures soon.

Big Thanks to Dedrok for lining me up with it,Graham and Kim for making it work so well .Marco Chris and the whole Pinfest team for having and helping me .

Edited by pinthing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117584[/ATTACH]

Being a data analysis nerd I love this sort of thing.

I would have loved to have seen a breakdown on score distribution but normal audits won't show this.

I was working on implementing this sort of thing into my hobbit.

Is this same location slated for next years pinfest? (i know its possibly too early to ask). @Sartana66

I only ask as I might see what the process is to fix that shitty mobile coverage. At once stage I had sos only. :\

I couldn't even talk to someone that was in the same area.

Being a data analysis nerd I love this sort of thing.

I would have loved to have seen a breakdown on score distribution but normal audits won't show this.

I was working on implementing this sort of thing into my hobbit.

Is this same location slated for next years pinfest? (i know its possibly too early to ask). @Sartana66

I only ask as I might see what the process is to fix that shitty mobile coverage. At once stage I had sos only. :\

Been looking into new venue.

That reception is faaaarrrrrkkkked.

Sent by using mental telepathy

It's always been bad as the whole area is blackspotted. My adult kids live in caves beach and it is very hard to get onto them.