Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVI - Game 4 ~ Jumping Jack (closes 29-July)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this is my last go. Very poorly played. Lost lives where they should not have been lost. I have an inp of this game (assuming that other dude who is putting up nice score and no one elses beats this) that i will upload on the last day...for those who may have interest.

@OOO let me know if this is ok. I dont know what my screen shot is in wolfmame so i snippet this screenshot.

289550.thumb.JPG.5829cc946bad4b879c978b4cdf6505ed.JPG

Pessimeister: 129, 610

0016.png.b33f6ea3921165dbcf6fc85b3e3a278b.png

Try as I might, I can't seem to make too many more great leaps forward score wise with Jumping Jack. That said, I've very much enjoyed being introduced to this game.

I tend to die mostly on 2-1. Mistime so many jumps with two monkeys nearby up top. Plus the jump backwards gets me too.

Some bonus insights would be great from the high scorers! Mastering the art of achieving the EXTRA is certainly one key.

1-1: I often just settle for the first mole's 5000, but have managed to spawn the second little guy a few times (and make it back up...) Are there more than two apart from the 1000 hole dives at the end? Usually end the stage just over 20, 000...

1-2: There's some curious timing needed sometimes to ride the two rhino's. Safety wise, I tend to go for 2 & 3 as I often die on landing from monkeys on the first.

1-3: Any bonsues here? I have a pattern to make it through this level which tends to work but not after some fine-tuning!

1-4: Fun stage! Riding the turtle for the first time was great.

1-:5 Probably my least favourite stage for the long end section! I started trying to get the last letter for extra to skip it where possible.

Oh and is it just me, or does Jack give the player the bird if he mucks up the Bonus stage? :D

Pessimeister: 129, 610

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133371[/ATTACH]

Try as I might, I can't seem to make too many more great leaps forward score wise with Jumping Jack. That said, I've very much enjoyed being introduced to this game.

I tend to die mostly on 2-1. Mistime so many jumps with two monkeys nearby up top. Plus the jump backwards gets me too.

Some bonus insights would be great from the high scorers! Mastering the art of achieving the EXTRA is certainly one key.

1-1: I often just settle for the first mole's 5000, but have managed to spawn the second little guy a few times (and make it back up...) Are there more than two apart from the 1000 hole dives at the end? Usually end the stage just over 20, 000...

No. You have them all. A solid ending score for stage one is 25k. To me it seems like you are taking your time and thus you can't get the second mole.

1-2: There's some curious timing needed sometimes to ride the two rhino's. Safety wise, I tend to go for 2 & 3 as I often die on landing from monkeys on the first.

I usually jump when the rhine is half way to the platform. Depending on how i was playing. On the later levels you may need to quickly dispatch of a monkey or wait at the very last second to hop onto the rhino. Avoiding jumping back onto a monkey.

1-3: Any bonsues here? I have a pattern to make it through this level which tends to work but not after some fine-tuning!

No. 1-3 can be a very easy level if you hop non-stop from the beginning all the way to the 3rd island section. You will not get hit doing this method. Sometimes, and i havent figured out why the first monkey will jump into your spot but that seems to only happen if you die a few times on the prior level.

1-4: Fun stage! Riding the turtle for the first time was great.

1-:5 Probably my least favourite stage for the long end section! I started trying to get the last letter for extra to skip it where possible.

This stage feels awkward but its actually pretty simple. The monkey's instantly jump to the next platform when they hit the end (in those tunnels) and on the succeeding loops they pace back and forth once.

Oh and is it just me, or does Jack give the player the bird if he mucks up the Bonus stage? :D

I am pretty sure he probably does and the bonus stage seems to be set the second you enter it. You're either going to hit or not. Waiting and manipulating seem to do nothing.

My replies are bolded inline.

I have played this game more than i want. And it is a very good game. Timing wise. Remember on the first loop all monkeys will instantly jump to the next platform whether vertical horizontal. The other sequence is they will walk away and THEN back. Sometimes, the Monks will pace back and forth before (once) they make their decision. You can actually jump inbetween their pace sequence and be safe.

Most stages on the first loop you can hope non-stop up until the 3rd platform before you have to do anything.

I believe the bonus is more important than trying to finish up on time. I havent spent enough time to figure out the best bonus methods but if you have WM106. Id suggest downloading my inp from my last post and look at my method for 1-1 and 1-2. The rest is timing and it can be easy to muck-up on loop 4 since the letters scroll really slow and seem to be affected by movement.

jumpingjack.thumb.JPG.4e4bf6fa1444b7a06fde9338dbefc60a.JPG

There is another 10,000 bonus available on 1-1.

If you finish the level exactly as the bonus counter reaches zero, you will get a 10,000 point bonus.

It is tricky but certainly achievable when you know how to time your final run along the top row.

Pessimeister: 136, 770

0017.png.1b66dd1309c0ce7210f826b23c1b0df3.png

Cheers to TIF and Bigredbird for the bonus reflections. I tried playing 1-1 a little more aggressively after watching TIF's inp and it certainly has helped me to get both mole bonuses more consistently in the last couple of credits. I lucked out with the 8000 bonus at the end of the first loop as well. I've never managed to time the 10 k ending bonus, but might try that more later on. :)

Edit: Pessimeister 166, 255

0018.png.b692a367a7036efaecc75c6fab9dc9ad.png

Made it to 2-5 for the first time which I'm reasonably happy with despite missing the A to extend at the end. It's funny in this game how often one can repeat the same mistakes and not seemingly learn from them, but then all of a sudden something clicks, or you luck out and improvement is made.

Edited by Pessimeister