Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Centigrade 37

Found out why the thermometer isnt advancing. The solenood shaft has snapped off!

Is this shaft available? If not should I try and weld it back on? Also thought about drilling the shaft and threading steel wire through it and looping onto the arm... any help much appreciated.d45a778b7669734252e590e787e4643c.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a wire brush will give it a go. Thanks Rob.

Also got a few smaller plastic brushes in the shed I may try those as well. I have heard of people using an almost empty black can to get a similar effect. Saw this on a few joker pokers online. Just going to spend a few days trial and error.

I found that because the wire on the brushes are stiff it flicks well it will be a bit of a trial and error with the amount of paint and distance away from the cab, I also found I liked the effect it made when you flicked from certain angles it in a way gave you a similar effect to webbing.

But practice until your happy with the effect that your getting on your practice runs and remember there really is no right or wrong way to do it, it’s just what you think looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips mate. Funland looked great and I think - less is best. If i can get it even half the finish quality of your resto i will be happy.

The original paint job seemed to have lots on it but I am going with a minimal effect. I was a bit worried that the speckle/ webbing would be seen through the pink and yellow colours. But the original paint job had the speckle showing through anyway. So either way its going to be okay.

If doing this again I would get the heirloom white in a tin and roll it on...

If It was mine I’d give the spray cans the flick and go down to Bunnings and get a small tin of antique white mixed up and roll it on, it will be a lot more easier and the paint cover a lot more consistent.

Your lucky in the fact that you haven’t progressed passed the point where mistakes cant still be easily fixed

I decided to wait awhile. It is now overcast and the paint has dried and is much easier to see. It was just too bright earlier to see what I was doing.

The cans gave it a good covering. I am going to finish the cabinet and head and see how it looks when dry. Will take a few snaps later on.

Looking forward to seeing the finished machine mate.your estimate on the new backglass arrival could be about that time, as mine will be here this week and that was 6 months from order time.agree with Tony i do not like the look of leds behind the bgresto glasses either and i use 47 globes also.

If It was mine I’d give the spray cans the flick and go down to Bunnings and get a small tin of antique white mixed up and roll it on, it will be a lot more easier and the paint cover a lot more consistent.

Your lucky in the fact that you haven’t progressed passed the point where mistakes cant still be easily fixed

Just be careful applying acrylic enamel over spray tin (enamel).

Just be careful applying acrylic enamel over spray tin (enamel).

Agreed what I meant was use the roll on paint instead of the spray cans but I didn’t realise that it already all sprayed already, I thought he only did a test section that could be rubbed back.