Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 4 ~ Galaga (closes 13-May)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2010004505_SMK_galaga5-menonly_1110000_wolf106.png.32acbfb029ded9fb8bc8b61f1433665b.png

Hmm... :confused: Just when I was about to go to sleep, I saw what Game 4 was. Ok, just 1 game I told myself. :boring: Now I can remove the toothpicks from my eyelids and get some shut eye. For now that is.

A big congrats to Armando for his stellar accomplishment. I just hope he has the whole thing on video. Will love to see it from start to finish. If you're reading this Armando, get someone to help you fire up MAME and start submitting! :023:

• Super Moderator

Couple of goes while the roast was cooking (Roast pork in the BabyQ, smoking!)

Appears I need to go meditate for a while and find my zen (or glasses)

IMG_7913.JPG.386ecce903d49554a46f08cdb67612dc.JPG

64,400 - I'm no good at Galaga on easy settings so I'm finding this very hard

I find games can be like that too. For example when I play driving games, I suck. So on hard settings, I am even worse. So I know what you mean ... :headbuttwall:

You will probably get better scores with a few more games on Galaga. You might want to watch some of the good players on how they make space and move in certain zones on the screen.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128583[/ATTACH]

Way-hay-hay out of practice.

Wow a very good score ... :023:

There could be a Galaga kill screen coming up ... :035:

- - - Updated - - -

A big congrats to Armando for his stellar accomplishment. I just hope he has the whole thing on video. Will love to see it from start to finish. If you're reading this Armando, get someone to help you fire up MAME and start submitting! :023:

Armando can take a screen shot of his arcade score and post in the MGL. Arcade and MAME submissions are both accepted in the MGL, as long as the game is played at the correct MGL settings.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128576[/ATTACH]

1st attempt, did this on a real PCB (a Namco one even! :D )

On a real machine it looks even better. I like your photo ...

C3a7Tnu.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Day 3 of 17 ...

QQoG10w.png

Armando can take a screen shot of his arcade score and post in the MGL. Arcade and MAME submissions are both accepted in the MGL, as long as the game is played at the correct MGL settings.

That's right, why didn't I think of that.:lol

Would I be able to submit Armandos score for him? He stopped by yesterday and had a good game. We got it all on tape.

Hec

Hi Hector,

It would be great if Armando could join AA or TG to post his score. We’d all like to congratulate him on his performance. The rules for the MGL is that you need to post your own scores, just like you have at TG. The only exception is parents with children who can post on their children’s behalf. It’s easy to join and meet all the other Galaga gamers ... and the Track & Field gamers.

:)

So brutal on these dips. but even so it's hard not to enjoy it, it's Galaga!

kept my double ship from set 2 to set 12, once I lost it game over came very quickly.

Playing some fast/heavy music in the background definitely helps me with this game

20180430_184206.jpg

Wow I thought I'd look forward to this but looking at scores it must be brutally hard. Does anyone else find it much easier to get big scores on Galaga by NEVER getting a double fighter after you lose the first one - with normal dips I can sometimes last into the mid teens at best.

I imagine the dynamic here changes a lot but still trying to clear 2.25m on T&F to try this frustration :D

OOO- Would be curious to also see a column of everybody’s hit/miss ratios relative to their scores !?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I think from memory at the Score Wars tournament, Phil Day was saying the top players were sitting around 75-80% which just seems insane.

I'm hoping that the practice at this difficulty level will pay off and that the default setting playing on cabinets in the future will be easier as a consequence. :)

Can be frustrating when you lose a double ship too quickly, but I'm still relishing the challenge!

A bit better than my benchmark:

Pessimeister: 146, 140

0004.png.838bf1e9c8b1093c939e56d3366426b7.png