Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 6 ~ Q*bert (closes 26-May)

I loathe this game.

I know there are those that love it, I do not understand why.

I think it is one of the worst games ever. Ever. Ever. Worse than Atari 2600 E.T.

That being said, I will become positive from this post on and do my best to learn this game.

I have already passed my score of 6,300 from MGL 28 so ,‘Yay, WooHoo!’, I guess.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147805

bsQYlc3.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early tip, which I've given before - if you use keyboard (as I am atm since my controller is at work) - I map the keys this way in MAME:

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147828

Put your hands on the keys like this and they are facing in the direction that Q*Bert will jump - hope this makes sense.

yeah, I've done that too, probably during a previous tourney. I'm using IOKL for the 4 keys.

MGLXXXIX - Game 6 ~ Q*bert (closes 26-May)

I am trying on this game, I really am, but it's doing my head in.

I've had to have a change with a nice relaxing game of E.T.

It may be known as the worst video game of all time but it was a nice break.

I'm up to a score of 9.

664539144_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1557626708.082096.thumb.jpg.4f16373eb5e6fb2dafb4eba50b512c4e.jpg

I am trying on this game, I really am, but it's doing my head in.

I've had to have a change with a nice relaxing game of E.T.

It may be known as the worst video game of all time but it was a nice break.

I'm up to a score of 9.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147856

that's actually just the number of reese's pieces you have. You can't hold more than 9. If you call Elliot with 9, he'll take them and come back with a piece of the phone. If you have less than 9 and you call him, he'll just take them and you'll get points. You can also eat them to add to your energy (which is 7109 in your pic), but you have to be on the right spot in the map to do that (it'll show an open mouth on the top left near the ?)

that's actually just the number of reese's pieces you have. You can't hold more than 9. If you call Elliot with 9, he'll take them and come back with a piece of the phone. If you have less than 9 and you call him, he'll just take them and you'll get points. You can also eat them to add to your energy (which is 7109 in your pic), but you have to be on the right spot in the map to do that (it'll show an open mouth on the top left near the ?)

I don't want to derail the Qbert thread with too much E.T but thanks for that info.

I'll keep that in mind next time in need a Qbert break.

Pessimeister: 18, 790

0011.png.69dae2de3091f7b6632faf99b3c53032.png

I first tried to play this at Netherworld during the Kong Off last year in order to earn the pin. I was pretty hopeless, haha! George Leutz would not be impressed. :) But it was interesting to observe and try to learn such a well known famous game. Hopefully I'll get to improve on this a little more.

Pessimeister: 18, 790

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147928

I first tried to play this at Netherworld during the Kong Off last year in order to earn the pin. I was pretty hopeless, haha! George Leutz would not be impressed. :) But it was interesting to observe and try to learn such a well known famous game. Hopefully I'll get to improve on this a little more.

This is a super game. It's quick, it's tricky in 3D and it's a lot of fun. Methods of approach are important as well as those pesky green guys who stuff up the board colors. Definitely not an easy game, but if you can discover the strategy and execute, well then you're on your way to the top of the magic mountain.