Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL5 - Game 2 - ROLLER GAMES [FINISHED]

Time to get your skates on with @MrBungle nomination:

ROLLER GAMES

http://s10.postimg.org/77ri01tl5/rollergames.jpg

Play any version you wish from Visual Pinball.

3 BALLS

Roller Games will run until 9pm, 20th March

Post as many times as you wish. New post for every new score please.

PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 68,749,690

2. Kane: 46,871,170

3. rusty_dagger: 44,534,900

4. Skids: 29,306,450

5. MrBungle: 28,112,260

6. JustAnotherRat: 26,226,760

7. Jed: 21,302,360

Edited by Jed

Or a QAD desktop conversion from some kind person and shared ? :) or I can just pull the lever and spin up another game.

It's a great table and is very much pre 9.9, it looks and plays OK with VP9.9, it is very pre 9.9 and really needs a lot of work just to make it VP9.9 correct and really not doing it justice until a proper VP9.9 or VPX conversion is made and even just upgrading it to VP 9.9 is more then a 2 week job.

All that said I can and have had a few games here, my monitor rotates, looks alright, though it plays AOK, forcing an older VP9.2 built game into 9.9 rendering and physics does make some real difficulty differences none the less.

http://vpforums.org/imghost/114/rg_t.jpg

can non-cab players play this ? :unsure will wait and see what happens for you desktop players, obviously if there's some people who can't play this, i'll have to fire up the randomiser again.

in the meantime, play on :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90181[/ATTACH]

I don't know much about table. Can't seem to work out where or how to score points.

I also don't know if I should be known as Draino or whether that is a suitable name for this table given the number of drains I have had.

No lock ups?

Frankenstein rebooted midgame.

No problems since. Have now played 5 successful games and upped the score somewhat more. It even let me screenshot, exit, load to the USB and load HP again.

Will have a few more games to test it while I can.

- - - Updated - - -

http://vpforums.org/imghost/121/table02rollergames91xcab(912)reduced.jpg

I'm playing this version -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1978

Seems to play OK, I think it might be for VP8 though if that makes a difference.

Upon playing this table further, it's actually quite broken, at least on my setup it is.

I downloaded this spanned table -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1979 and did an amateur job at rotating the table around for desktop, but it's working so I'm playing that now...

Score update in first post

Dedrok has pulled away early with a handy 20-odd million lead, and close battle for 2nd and 3rd between Kane and rusty_dagger.

I just knocked up a quick conversion of the cab version to desktop.

here's the numbers

2038084706_rollergamesdtconver.JPG.f693e80b6e47eac2b82e7dfba753bf7a.JPG

941619336_rollergamesdt.JPG.f4c2b4c20c1388ce0619c5d628a1e894.JPG

don't flip, flip, make your mind up!

sitting on the couch using dedrok's desktop mod (thanks for that - it looks/plays great!) i managed to score enough to convincingly take and hold the wooden spoon. hope i do better on the cab.

this nomination, from @MrBungle who ive known for almost 25 years, i believe he did like to roller skate BITD, he probably would have sung the lines from this song too while doing it :lol

jesus though, if you owned this cab - fun as it is. the music would drive you nuts.

rg.thumb.jpg.7f543e4f56410c2bf1bd40ef70567a68.jpg

I do believe that the desktop plays slightly harder than the cab.

Find a table that has the same background, go to "Table" in the menu > "Image Manager" > "Export Image" > chose "BackdropNew" and Export.

Then do the same in reverse in the RG table and Import the image.

Then chose "BackdropNew" in "Backdrop" > "Image" as per the above post. ^^^^

Also hit F5 and Double your score window.

rg.JPG.a3112f052e7b3b9d2870939b15dff9e2.JPG

I do believe that the desktop plays slightly harder than the cab.

Find a table that has the same background, go to "Table" in the menu > "Image Manager" > "Export Image" > chose "BackdropNew" and Export.

Then do the same in reverse in the RG table and Import the image.

Then chose "BackdropNew" in "Backdrop" > "Image" as per the above post. ^^^^

Also hit F5 and Double your score window.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90379[/ATTACH]

Cab is a little easier for this game I think, but not much. The Physics in this game are crap, the ball just floats around sometimes.

sometimes you hit the loop and it flies around so fast and drains before you can say **** ****, **** you rollergames.