Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb El Dorado

Patching the cab and also got a chance to start looking at the playfield. My main worry is drop targets. I started on the 5 bank and followed this guide.

http://www.papinball.com/tips/gottlieb_drop_target_guide.html

I pulled one drop out and put it back in just to practice. I won't install the new ones til after the playfield swap incase I damage them. I will clean up the drop target assembly as there is lubricant and gunk everywhere.

Does anyone know where to get a spring push and pull tool? That would make life much easier!

Oh and also pinball rescue in Queensland have these great drop target mylar protectors as well as the usual apron decal. Highly recommend them and Lee is always easy to deal with.IMG_20191008_145535.thumb.jpg.e7b061f06b05e5398f03458e7456706a.jpgIMG_20191008_145846.thumb.jpg.f94364df2435794805d88a85a32d143a.jpgIMG_20191008_150014.thumb.jpg.fd5b0053253012a51b53a902106a854b.jpg

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no turning back now Jesse

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app[/quote @goodolddays i need to get a measurement. The neck piece that joins the head to the cab. How much each side is painted orange? Hope that makes sense...

ok mate.. will get back to you this week on that

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

for replacing the springs in the drops..these help, though the more you do the better you will get

https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-4-piece-hook-and-pick-set_p6120228

I have something similar l but I want a push tool. Maybe a flat blade screw driver with the centre cut out like a fork. Not sure if they exist but would help when pushing springs back on.

Drop targets are a pain in the ass to change especially the earlier Gotlieb machines, I made up my own tool to use as a hook for the springs which did the job ok but it was still a very fiddle job with a lot of swearing, I also had to use my dremmel tool to cut the metal notches out on the back of the mech so that you can get the drop targets in and out a lot easier as in the later models they removed this sections of metal to make th job of changing the targets a lot easier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

for replacing the springs in the drops..these help, though the more you do the better you will get

https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-4-piece-hook-and-pick-set_p6120228

That’s a perfect idea. I want to do my own and that will make it so much easier. Have you suggested these before? That’s probably were Trevor got the idea from. [emoji1690]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gottlieb El Dorado

Why would he want to go to the whole trouble of pulling the whole mech apart if it only needs the targets replaced .?

Why give yourself the added headaches when you don’t need to

Why would he want to go to the whole trouble of pulling the whole mech apart if it only needs the targets replaced .?

Why give yourself the added headaches when you don’t need to

think he's doing a full resto?

and to bring it back to when it was like new and for peace of mind and it's enjoyable, for some.......no headache, no special tools, no dremel

IMG_6774.thumb.jpg.6b42905a2744ee05678a78fe0e378117.jpg

and to clean away the build up of dust, dirt and crap that may affect its workings

IMG_6799.thumb.jpg.67ce4036e4f176aa7e4dcd7f5809893f.jpg

think he's doing a full resto?

and to bring it back to when it was like new and for peace of mind and it's enjoyable, for some.......no headache, no special tools, no dremel

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154963

and to clean away the build up of dust, dirt and crap that may affect its workings

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154964

Looks like you are doing a restoration! What game? I'd love to see a resto thread - it would make it easier for me to do what you are doing

Looks like you are doing a restoration! What game? I'd love to see a resto thread - it would make it easier for me to do what you are doing

Isint it the same as yours?

an El Dorado, it belongs to @Budgie

don't do resto threads, sorry man.

off topic but to explain, once @Brad called me anal for something I was doing. No incentive there.

I don't care for the word and its use, although I understand the context in which it was used.

My way of restoring isn't for everyone as I get personally attached to the machine, am very fussy and it must be perfect, like as new when it was built.

But my definition of perfect isn't another man's definition.

Each to their own.

If you get stuck, like need any pics or help, happy to assist :)

- - - Updated - - -

That is an Eldorado drop target Rich is a first rate technician who really knows his stuff

Thanks for the kind words man, but I don't consider myself first rate, nor a technician, I just love pinball, actually all coin op.

I know this is getting off the original thread but it's @Budgies passion for pinball that his El Dorado turned out a treat, no expense spared or cutting any corners to save a buck, it's about the result, and the result speaks for itself.

Unfortunately restoration threads can take more time doing than the work itself.

Like Rich said it’s annoying when people pick at your work and it’s difficult communicating when you can’t talk to the person therefore I haven’t bothered documenting the work rich and I have done on several EM’s.

Ask any questions and you’ll get a response though as rich and I are following your thread.

Keep going kimbleseven it’s coming along nicely.