Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Flipout 2018 who is in?

IFPA comp that would be up there with the biggest in Australia. Discounts for accom at the Sandbelt (They have a motel on site no?). Place Jacks games in a seperate room away from the other games so that you can enjoy/hear it. Give everyone a token or 2 to play which will eliminate people playing the latest game over and over without others having to worry about their place in the line. Make the event longer in terms of hours... Say 10am to 10pm.

Give everyone a token or 2 to play which will eliminate people playing the latest game over and over without others having to worry about their place in the line. Make the event longer in terms of hours... Say 10am to 10pm.

Actually I thought this year was much better than last year for playing the latest game, given there were more pins (Pirates, Alien, 2 x Dialed In, AFMr) and also being spread over 2 days, so the queues were minimal. Last year I didn't even play Dialed In as the queue of people put me off but not so keen on tokens, as some of us aren't great players so we wouldn't get much of feel for the machine if we only got 1 or 2 games on a new release.

I really enjoy the presentation sessions, so running a mix of different topics and speakers is great - I think we need some printed agendas spread around the tables to remind people what's on at what time. Also being over 2 days gave me the opportunity to attend sessions as well as have plenty of time to play all the pins.

I was really impressed with my first Flipout. Great set up. Little things like finger good for lunch were a great surprise. Game selection was great (even though I spent most of my time chatting).

@RGR suggesting a big IFPA comp does open up a new audience that otherwise would not attend. Might make logistics a little difficult though with own machines vs comp machines.

I must admit I would have prioritised attending two days if there was a ifpa comp involved.

I know somw of the presenters were a little disappointed with numbers on Saturday, but the couple I attended were great.

Thanks

Tim

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Flipout 2018 who is in?

Sounds good.

The non IFPA comp was great as you could just blow in at the last minute to play, leaving the rest if the time to enjoy seminars and playing new machines and chatting.

Night time comp after a day of seminars could be a good idea and I like the dinner idea too.

Count me in as I have more visits to make next time.

Edit

The best part for me was for once I got to pay and just come along and enjoy.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
@Cursed said I have to come for his meet in November, so would probably make it again.

I was thinking to have it on the Greg Berry Cup weekend, or I could do it flipout weekend.

Will see how the dates pan out. Will most likely be one or the other though.

Just finalising dates for Flipout 2018

End of November

Details soon

Same venue again?

With so many of us in melb surely a few of us could be persuaded to bring one unique game each?

I could probably bring star trek, or ironman.

Flipout 2018 who is in?

**** up

Not saying I don’t want to.

But my work backlog keeps growing.

For now once a month is enough, and even that stops after July.

Barn and Pinfest work cut into what I have to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking like setup Friday night nov 30th, Show on Dec 1st Saturday and Saturday night till late and Sunday 2nd Dec

International Special Pinball Guests Jersey Jack and other Pinball Industry Designers etc

Should all be confirmed 100% in the next week

See games like, Magic Girl, Houdini, TNA, AMH, Alien, Pirates, Dialed In, Hobbit, Woz, Afmr, MMr, Mbr,

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed Saturday Dec 1st and Dec 2nd 2018

Saturday 10am till 6pm then Flipout Frenzy 7pm till Midnight YES Midnight.

Sunday 10am to 5pm

An entire weekend of pinball.

Sandbelt Hotel 630 South Road Moorabbin

IFPA Comp and Special International Guests

Tickets and Details soon

• 2 weeks later...