Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Batman 66 - the next Stern

chopchop

Just on protectors. I try to minimize the use of them. I only put them on areas where damage would really effect play like scoops etc. The car bra is one example in which I don't believe in. You bought the car for its looks and then you cover it up. And for what? So the next owner has a nice looking car and all you stared at was a black piece of material on your bonnet. I buy games for their looks, and gameplay. Both should not be compromised at all.

This is bit different though. Most protectors are clear. Not ugly like a car bra.

I agree with you though. I am the first person that takes off screen protector on phones etc. But considering the length of time it takes to sell some pins, like SWEP1, doesn't it make sense to want to protect what you spent so much money on? If you rotate pins at a high rate you gotta keep them in good condition.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is bit different though. Most protectors are clear. Not ugly like a car bra.

I agree with you though. I am the first person that takes off screen protector on phones etc. But considering the length of time it takes to sell some pins, like SWEP1, doesn't it make sense to want to protect what you spent so much money on? If you rotate pins at a high rate you gotta keep them in good condition.

When you come and see my games you'll understand my meaning. Plenty of plays and many years and no probs. I consider dimpling as a non issue eventhough gb is probably the only one with the so called problem. I don't want trashed looking games, but I also don't seek perfection anymore. Some of us come to the realization that perfection stifles real appreciation of an item. A bit like a masterpiece painting sitting in a vault with zero lighting, how much pleasure you're gonna get from that apart from telling people you have it. If I was concerned with normal wear and tear, I'd be shitting myself during every play and forget about letting guys apart from me playing it.

Clear covers are ok but I can't be convinced it wouldn't effect gameplay, even marginally. Full playfield mylar slows play, that's why it is use sparingly, else do this on a cc pf. But I respect your opinion and I know your not anal about your games re great meets.

When you come and see my games you'll understand my meaning. Plenty of plays and many years and no probs. I consider dimpling as a non issue eventhough gb is probably the only one with the so called problem. I don't want trashed looking games, but I also don't seek perfection anymore. Some of us come to the realization that perfection stifles real appreciation of an item. A bit like a masterpiece painting sitting in a vault with zero lighting, how much pleasure you're gonna get from that apart from telling people you have it. If I was concerned with normal wear and tear, I'd be shitting myself during every play and forget about letting guys apart from me playing it.

Clear covers are ok but I can't be convinced it wouldn't effect gameplay, even marginally. Full playfield mylar slows play, that's why it is use sparingly, else do this on a cc pf. But I respect your opinion and I know your not anal about your games re great meets.

I'm not anal....but pinball machines are the only things i spend time cleaning etc. With the GB issues, and the 2k price rise you cannot expect people not to care about trying to keep the pin in the same condition. I sent 64 pictures to someone a couple of weeks ago who wanted to buy a machine off me, the machine was in NIB condition. And he still wanted more. The higher priced the machine in the less of a market you have to sell it to.

Anyways, I agree with you, and your mantra but i dont think its an opinion you can change with people.

People are either anal about their stuff or not and you cannot change that!

I'm not anal....but pinball machines are the only things i spend time cleaning etc. With the GB issues, and the 2k price rise you cannot expect people not to care about trying to keep the pin in the same condition. I sent 64 pictures to someone a couple of weeks ago who wanted to buy a machine off me, the machine was in NIB condition. And he still wanted more. The higher priced the machine in the less of a market you have to sell it to.

Anyways, I agree with you, and your mantra but i dont think its an opinion you can change with people.

People are either anal about their stuff or not and you cannot change that!

So.........you're anal!

:D

@Budgie today !

4b45bf1bc376b85fcf6e6411cfe74970.jpg3ec3a8a89cefa3a1e12b9d3c551c22c3.jpgt0fc924196aa91c299c408bc32437fccf.jpg941f1b5d03b789bb47c22027ba18e616.jpg

Picked up my B66 thanks to SKOOTA at zax for getting it ready for me.

Bat gadget number 23 the bat laser was waiting for thegrunta666 to help with the umboxing but unfortunately he got called away on work duties, so my good mate Lloydy helped out and he was absolutely stoked to play a nib machine as he is a non pinhead.

Luckily thegrunta666 made it for a few games on his way home.

Probably should post in new pin day but am still playing.

Only stopped cause the better half is home and she said to stop defied her for a while but when she asked me how much did this bloody thing cost I thought I should shut it down quickly and change the subject. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4b45bf1bc376b85fcf6e6411cfe74970.jpg3ec3a8a89cefa3a1e12b9d3c551c22c3.jpgt0fc924196aa91c299c408bc32437fccf.jpg941f1b5d03b789bb47c22027ba18e616.jpg

Picked up my B66 thanks to SKOOTA at zax for getting it ready for me.

Bat gadget number 23 the bat laser was waiting for thegrunta666 to help with the umboxing but unfortunately he got called away on work duties, so my good mate Lloydy helped out and he was absolutely stoked to play a nib machine as he is a non pinhead.

Luckily thegrunta666 made it for a few games on his way home.

Probably should post in new pin day but am still playing.

Only stopped cause the better half is home and she said to stop defied her for a while but when she asked me how much did this bloody thing cost I thought I should shut it down quickly and change the subject. LOL

e5d2e780148b58ed521c3a6b1963a556.jpg

Side view

It's a great looking game. Armor looks so much better in person.

Yes ryza so does the LCD very nice. Some of the attract mode callouts are quite humorous we let the game sit for a little while then hit the the flipper button for some cool Adam west callouts very funny.

HAHA oh my lord, time for the flowers and chocolates mate.

- Con

Lol. Wise move.