Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Elvira & The Party Monsters

Warm water a soft cloth and some velvet soap will removal all the brown stain on the back of the translite. Give it a try, I've done it on countless translites and they always come up looking white and clean. Wet the cloth in warm water, squeeze it out gently and wipe the surface of the translite to remove any loose dirt and make the surface damp. Rinse the cloth in the water again, squeeze enough water out so that when you run the soap over the surface it makes a light lather on the cloth. Gently run the soap cloth across the surface of the translite and the grime will disappear.

I tried just about every other product I have. I stared with Dishwashing liquid and moved up from there. Nothing really worked too well, and I wasn’t prepared to scrub with harsher chemicals.

I’ll give your suggestion a go and report back.

- - - Updated - - -

I have considered the CPR backglasses. They even do a mirrored one which is cool.

Trouble is the colours are way off. Especially the skin tones.

I would need to see one in person before I decided to pull the trigger.

I have considered the CPR backglasses. They even do a mirrored one which is cool.

Trouble is the colours are way off. Especially the skin tones.

I would need to see one in person before I decided to pull the trigger.

Yep Spot on ! I bought a mirrored one 24 mths ago for a EATPM restore and ended up cleaning and using original BG as the CPR colours were not great.

Really coming along Mike and starting to look beautiful. Now, I believe the PF is the only thing to install? Just remember me when it's turned on for the first time and tweaked. I will then attend for a game or two. Really coming along nicely.

Yep Spot on ! I bought a mirrored one 24 mths ago for a EATPM restore and ended up cleaning and using original BG as the CPR colours were not great.

You guys must have good eyes, i put that backglass up against the old trans and the BG ( to me ) looked a million times better. maybe @gtray can post some comparisons ?

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more work completed.

Light board, displays and globe holders cleaned and put back in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=149169&d=1560058528

All boards have been wired back in now, except for the playfield looms obviously.

Couple of soldering jobs required and now done.

Looking like a Pinball machine again!

attachment.php?attachmentid=149168&d=1560058528

attachment.php?attachmentid=149133&d=1559993626

@markc had an interesting Facebook post a few weeks back, showing a couple of items he'd dug out of the unopened parts boxes.

Well, as they say timing is everything!

Probably didn't need these, but NOS Elvira Jumper Bumpers have to be better than rebuilt old ones, right? :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=149173&d=1560061462

I've added these to my list of expenses for this pin, and it is getting scary! :o

I think I'll clean up all the plastic posts and see how they turn out. I was going to replace them all, but......

I've also been working on the ball guides. Have polished with Autosol, and have tried re-graining with a scotchbrite pad.

I think I'm going to need to move up from hand polishing and try a wheel in a a drill or similar.

I can't seem to get the guides looking even by hand.

attachment.php?attachmentid=149138&d=1559993626

attachment.php?attachmentid=149140&d=1559993626

That's it for now.

PS - Sorry about the pics. Some have come via my phone and some via the PC.

• 2 weeks later...
The metal guides look nice mate, I'd be happy with that. When they are in the machine and all back together, one will not even notice that they are not 100% perfect. They are 95% perfect champ. Nice work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So what’s happening here @Glenn70?

Back into it after dealing with other ‘life stuff’ that gets in the way.......

Dragged out the under playfield loom and assemblies. Cleaning up the wiring and rebuilding stuff.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156500&d=1574341495

First assembly done was the BBQ assembly.

Original state.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156501&d=1574341495

After a while in the tumbler for the metal parts, and some cleaning

attachment.php?attachmentid=156502&d=1574341495

Back together.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156503&d=1574341495

And this week, the drop targets.

Original state. Note the state of the Boogie Men targets.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156508&d=1574342008

Pulled apart and cleaning up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156504&d=1574341495

Back together - cleaned up circuit board.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156505&d=1574341495

And from the front.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156506&d=1574341495

I’m really happy with how the original ‘decals ‘ have come up.

I was going to replace them all with repro decals I sourced, however the originals are all vinyl, and will probably outlast any new decals.

I have also just bought a playfield rotisserie which should make the reassembly easier.

Next task is to complete the rebuilds of assemblies, maybe re-wrap a few coils (or replace a few suss ones) and start the reassembly.

The part that makes me most nervous is drilling the restored playfield.

I need to drill out the screw holes to ensure the clear isn’t lifted by screwing in from the top.

Shazz has a Dremel that I might try for this task.

Happy for any tips that anyone wants to share for this process!

That’s it for now.

Mike.

Thanks for posting Mike. Really nice work. Many non-pinball people I speak to have absolutely no idea of the time that doing this stuff takes and what's involved. Stick to it and cannot wait to see the finished product. I am moving into my new house in 10 days, so been occupied with packing and all that crap. Thanks again for update and talk soon.

Thanks for posting Mike. Really nice work. Many non-pinball people I speak to have absolutely no idea of the time that doing this stuff takes and what's involved. Stick to it and cannot wait to see the finished product. I am moving into my new house in 10 days, so been occupied with packing and all that crap. Thanks again for update and talk soon.

There’s room for how many pins in the new house?

The part that makes me most nervous is drilling the restored playfield.

I need to drill out the screw holes to ensure the clear isn’t lifted by screwing in from the top.

Shazz has a Dremel that I might try for this task.

Happy for any tips that anyone wants to share for this process!

Love the progress mate - it's awesome!

I use Brad tipped drill bits to remove the clear from the screw holes before screwing in.

You may also need to remove some of the clear around holes that go all the the way through the playfield (like GI lamp sockets and metal posts) before installing parts again too.

There’s room for how many pins in the new house?

8 mate. The games room was designed to either fit 4 along each opposite wall or 6 along the back wall. I'm sure many pinheads will agree that 8 is better than 6!

Do you need to store a few?

Either 'space' and/or 'money' are nearly always an issue. In 10 days, I'll have the space but not the money (for a while), as 'she who must be obeyed and earns more than me', wants driveway, front fence, landscaping, etc, etc, all done ASAP..................... not complaining though as all good.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

​​​​​​So,work continues slowly around other life stuff.......

Playfield is going together.

BBD3EF07-9CA2-46D9-B551-55AE732F9F22.thumb.jpeg.3e42a319b5946994d78b48c2bc4b371f.jpeg

7A63B78D-315B-4AE6-BBDB-763F98118EB2.thumb.jpeg.f489fa2f178462ba7cf9329c0de2aa12.jpeg

Original ball trough guide broken. Luckily @rtbb to the rescue!

241429F1-9BC9-4F84-B8A6-04B262B714F1.thumb.jpeg.9e0e1948fd1021af3a3a331fcb2e81cb.jpeg

A couple of parts I need that seem to be unavailable.

if anyone has any leftovers for a previous resto or stripout let me know! Or any leads I can chase up.

i need a couple of the tall red posts as 2 of mine are smashed in half! The tall one on the right is what I’m after.

Part number 03-8269-9

i also need a nyliner from the Dancing Boogie men assembly. Machine only came with one.

This is part number 20-9624 and is 5/8 inch x .078 inch.

i’ve searched pinball part suppliers worldwide, and also tried a few bearing sellers. I guess it could be 3D printed?

AE047A4C-FA8B-48F9-9633-57606D5ECBA6.thumb.jpeg.6aac0a3e10edafe7482088931351bd45.jpeg

BC899F04-CBDB-46F9-9F53-37E0934E22D5.thumb.jpeg.a20e4ea7d48b99f4fa9ebe828a4efac3.jpeg

BC899F04-CBDB-46F9-9F53-37E0934E22D5.thumb.jpeg.d6fb581472f7933e9e1b8fc883b288c9.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so after a visit to @markc to scour through the 2nd hand parts bin (unsuccessfully), I went back to checking online for the parts I need.

i ended up finding all at Marco’s. The nyliners werent listed by the part numbers I had, but I did eventually find them. Actually, it was when I did find these that I said bugger it, just order everything new - nylners, posts, rollover guides, and a heap of screws and post studs that I’ll use now, and more for the spare parts pile.

Also found a new flap gate assembly to replace the one I have with a rust pitted flap - was really not happy with that!

i was certainly reamed a new one with postage and exchange rates, but what can you do?

Call me OCD (you wouldn’t be the first!) but I don’t like the thought of some old and some new posts in the resto, and I’ve spent so much now, why stop?

I ordered a few extra Nyliners so if you have an EATPM that needs a new one, hit me up and I’ll post it to you.

Pics of some of the haul below:

58AB9F44-3DC9-438C-978A-3DD4CEF1DC89.thumb.jpeg.19871dcea2b3f8dcc9e2e52af5340a6f.jpeg

A534902B-6FC7-416D-9006-ECC6567AA09F.thumb.jpeg.097e5c3d1623be60bd4ac97c45058c4d.jpeg

4097A123-A208-4738-8023-0C11184C2B61.thumb.jpeg.09521ea670cf98c9d08a235a3a4dfe61.jpeg

03C749ED-A6AE-496D-860B-18D511D8955C.thumb.jpeg.a1f3ab8d6cba461c30d8cae766fe7cd2.jpeg

I also ordered some spider web balls - have these in my Scared Stiff and I love em!

1C7C73AC-DF91-4609-AC97-7318F88AD66E.thumb.jpeg.fc0461de1d76d39724612c199f3982dc.jpeg

Ive been going back through old pics and I have to say that some of the changes are remarkable, especially the wireforms, that were broken, pitted with rust and looked like trash. Also, the apron, which wasn’t much better! I’ll post some before and after when I get time.

I’ve just started a couple of weeks leave, so I need @Glenn70 to keep on my back so it’s done!

Mike.

58AB9F44-3DC9-438C-978A-3DD4CEF1DC89.thumb.jpeg.a05323c9bd10654ed9ab263aa5dd3582.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so after a visit to @markc to scour through the 2nd hand parts bin (unsuccessfully), I went back to checking online for the parts I need.

i ended up finding all at Marco’s. The nyliners werent listed by the part numbers I had, but I did eventually find them. Actually, it was when I did find these that I said bugger it, just order everything new - nylners, posts, rollover guides, and a heap of screws and post studs that I’ll use now, and more for the spare parts pile.

Also found a new flap gate assembly to replace the one I have with a rust pitted flap - was really not happy with that!

i was certainly reamed a new one with postage and exchange rates, but what can you do?

Call me OCD (you wouldn’t be the first!) but I don’t like the thought of some old and some new posts in the resto, and I’ve spent so much now, why stop?

I ordered a few extra Nyliners so if you have an EATPM that needs a new one, hit me up and I’ll post it to you.

Pics of some of the haul below:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2111668}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2111663}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2111665}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2111667}[/ATTACH]

I also ordered some spider web balls - have these in my Scared Stiff and I love em!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2111664}[/ATTACH]

Ive been going back through old pics and I have to say that some of the changes are remarkable, especially the wireforms, that were broken, pitted with rust and looked like trash. Also, the apron, which wasn’t much better! I’ll post some before and after when I get time.

I’ve just started a couple of weeks leave, so I need @Glenn70 to keep on my back so it’s done!

Mike.

Sorry for late reply Mike. I never got the 'mention' notification via email that I used to get. The new site must have changed the settings. Luckily I just jumped on AA and by chance saw this post. It's really coming along and I feel for you re the Marco order cost. Postage and exchange rates are just crap but what choice do you have? exactly..........

Cannot wait to see this fully completed so be sure you send me a text or email. I'd love to come over and play a game.

I've been a bit quiet on the AA/Meet/Pinball front of late due to the new house consuming my time. Just finished building my new front fence and laying the bluestone in the outdoor room. Next the front landscaping.

Keep up the good work and hopefully you'll source all the required parts.

Cheers,

Glenn