Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thunderbirds Are Go!

Corones

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's it cost to ship a pinball from China? I suppose they wouldn't have any B/W games lying around like there once was in Japan?

$600-700usd shipping $1800aud customs clearance, 13 days on the water, 3 days to clear , 36 machines per 20ft container , about $75aud per machine

What's it cost to ship a pinball from China? I suppose they wouldn't have any B/W games lying around like there once was in Japan?

Different to Japan as they are communist

25 years ago they were living in villages eating rat on a stick :lol

lol, now its the Tourists who pay to eat rats on sticks when they visit lol

Close, it was duck head:

226541_10150172479134178_285785_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5a78bde67e0b1eb3134ae7e4d64285fc&oe=5B7A6E08

224163_10150172479319178_7157327_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=500e6d265dcaf0f164172dbebef737a0&oe=5B7EAF8D

The brain was particularly nice and the beak was less chewy than expected...

It wasn't all weird crap on sticks. This was carrot I think:

221815_10150167328449178_2844414_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5be5d0694ba423918365a14436ce36ff&oe=5B761AB3

$600-700usd shipping $1800aud customs clearance, 13 days on the water, 3 days to clear , 36 machines per 20ft container , about $75aud per machine

whose lifting container for 600 usd still? thats 2005 rates. or was this some time ago?

for interest - specific to TAG...21 only in a container, the packed size is exactly 80 x 77 x 140 (inc pallet)

9850rmb in advance in China (about 1500 usd) - PLUS costs at both ends, paperwork is extra and also AU$300 for the FTA certificate, then unloading costs etc.

its over 200au a machine.. 240 with my crayons but thats just roughly

I would imagine the frustrations and overall customer experience would be enough to turn away future buyers.

I get the impression pre-sales were mainly from people wanting to support Mike get off the ground, not sure he has earned much respect from all this.

whose lifting container for 600 usd still? thats 2005 rates. or was this some time ago?

for interest - specific to TAG...21 only in a container, the packed size is exactly 80 x 77 x 140 (inc pallet)

9850rmb in advance in China (about 1500 usd) - PLUS costs at both ends, paperwork is extra and also AU$300 for the FTA certificate, then unloading costs etc.

Unloading costs are cheap as chips cheaper than the certificate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

More accurate amount and details

Unloading costs are cheap as chips cheaper than the certificate

its true that 21pallets off with a fork if you have a commercial yard costs peanuts. but once you include co-coordinating 21 outbound single consignments to domestic addresses it isnt such a quick job.

You know, when all is said and done - he is still in business, unlike many other 'small pinball startups'...

This is true, but if your reffering to the most recent failures, it wasn't from average game design, demand for those titles is still attracting attention from people.

You know, when all is said and done - he is still in business, unlike many other 'small pinball startups'...

I think a lot of there downfall has to do with high prices, doubts about the machines themselves longevity or life expectancy and a blind believe you will sell enough pinballs to make it all work.

While it is becoming apparent just about anyone can make pinballs these days, the trick seems to be to stay in business.

Mike's right trying to have diversity in his factory I think. This makes for many eggs to break rather than just one full box.

It really appears to me Mike is in this for the long run. I think his video cabinet sales, parts manufacture of obsolete spare parts for any OEM company and the host of other things his factory appears to be set up to do quickly and cheaply is the advantage Mike has over most others thinking they can "make pinballs".

You really need to remember if Bally/Williams couldn't make suitable revenue out of pinball with a highly successful video machine division each as well as a poker machine division each to prop things up, the writing is on the wall to anyone that thinks you can do this solely on the back of a couple of hundred pinball sales a year.

I would regard anyone thinking pinball manufacture and supply is all you need to do these days is very naive and probably destine to become one of the many thousands of pinball companies to fail since pinball started in the 30s.

Best photos of the playfield so far. I like the ramp entry decals, makes a big difference in the look of the machine. I will be interested to hear the feedback from the US pinheads about gameplay, none of us have played this latest version. Apparently gameplay changes have been made, so I am keen to hear the results.

Yes i thought so too,that's why i put up the link.

Too bad Homepin didn't think to put some up on FB for us.

Why should he?

HomePin is a diverse company. they make video game cabinets, replacement boards, their target customer base is China, and they have other secret products

TAG is a small unimportant part of what they do

Interesting how after all the comments on weak flippers and over bright outdated dmd mike attacks the one Aussie after a constructive comment about the plastic lockdown bar and then strangely makes a comment about someone else being a grouch wtf

Interesting how after all the comments on weak flippers and over bright outdated dmd mike attacks the one Aussie after a constructive comment about the plastic lockdown bar and then strangely makes a comment about someone else being a grouch wtf

more worried about the guy who got the ball stuck behind The Mole

redesign, more delays

Classic stuff