Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb El Dorado

The cost of parts alone from PBR for my El Dorado restoration was $700 approximately. I purposely try not too remember how much these things cost due to the fact that if you were ever to sell them you would be hard pressed to cover the costs associated with the restore. EM's don't seem to be cost effective to restore I think it's more a labour of love.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad its got the ball gate as they are unobtanium.

Gee you got out of it cheap lol my Funland owes me over $2500 so far in parts and services like powder coating nickel plating and new backglass and that doesn’t include the purchase of the machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not always about making a profit. Saving a machine from the dump or bringing one back to life is a great feeling. We could be on drugs or do much worse with our hard earned dollars.

I try not to add up the cost. I hear nothing I see nothing I know nothing!

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Dave. I may need some reference photos down the track for a few things if you don't mind.

No drama

- - - Updated - - -

Think our tanking dollar Tony. I’ve considered doing a couple more and every time I start the parts list I get a huge headache!!!

It’s just too cost prohibitive lately. Well for me anyway.

Agreed ! My CPR Playboy playfield cost me about $1300 landed a couple of months ago !

Luckily I bought most of the parts I need for my future restores quite a while ago but have been too time poor to do any .

The new playfields are great and add a whole new dimension to a restored game of any era. But yes ouch on the wallet. My Capt Fantastic would have owed me way more than I could get for it if I hadn’t got it as a project with the new pf included. Your Playboy @goodolddays will be stunning and play like new when installed. I love a nice restored Playboy. Pix buddy when done......please!

@kimbleseven you’re right it’s not all about the profit when doing a resto. Labour of love is why but it’s no good being to deep in the whole either when it comes time to move it on.

I’ve thrown the kitchen sink at game that were keepers!! Well I’ve learnt never to say keeper :redface :lol I have a bad reputation in that area.

Looking forward to seeing this one come back. I love a good Solar City um El Dorado er Target Alpha :unsure. It’s a great game that I hammered as a kid at my local Ampol service station. Just keep up the great work. :023:

Pfffttttt You purposely try not to remember, so you don't blurt out the value in your sleep and your missus hears it !!!! You would wake up with 2 black eyes !!!!! :lol

​And that is the REAL reason I sleep in the snorers room.......loose lips sink ships

Yep, my Amazing Spiderman cost me $750 to but and already 1 Resto Backglass and a few obvious parts and I've spent more than the purchase price with lot's more to go. I'm doing it just because I have never restored a machine before and probably won't again....

Yep, my Amazing Spiderman cost me $750 to but and already 1 Resto Backglass and a few obvious parts and I've spent more than the purchase price with lot's more to go. I'm doing it just because I have never restored a machine before and probably won't again....
Spiderman is a beast of a machine. I think it will be worth alot to some crazy Spiderman nut oneday for $10,000

Having a look under the hood. I have a few questions for someone with the same machine or a similar machine. I want to replace the fuses first up. I see 2x 10amps and a 15amp labelled clearly.

Is the main incoming fuse normally 5amp?

What size are the 3fuses under the playfield?

Also the hold relay has been pulled apart. I have heard of this before. I assume this is a bypass so that the humming stops?IMG_20190907_192317.thumb.jpg.ed0fbd26ce2c3f2adb51506ee678d323.jpgIMG_20190907_192326.thumb.jpg.008648446d537c9554847a2d748dd4d0.jpgIMG_20190907_192335.thumb.jpg.f9279f1dda45a7fd3c7c5f61fb02b629.jpg

Having a look under the hood. I have a few questions for someone with the same machine or a similar machine. I want to replace the fuses first up. I see 2x 10amps and a 15amp labelled clearly.

Is the main incoming fuse normally 5amp?

What size are the 3fuses under the playfield?

Also the hold relay has been pulled apart. I have heard of this before. I assume this is a bypass so that the humming stops?https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153113https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153114https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153115

Do you have schematics Jesse because they normally list the fuses on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like someone has lubricated the steppers, scoremotor, credit unit and flippers with some sort of grease... And after years of sitting it has attracted dust and totally gummed things up.

I am going to pull out the whole bottom panel and give it a good clean up.

It seems like someone has lubricated the steppers, scoremotor, credit unit and flippers with some sort of grease... And after years of sitting it has attracted dust and totally gummed things up.

I am going to pull out the whole bottom panel and give it a good clean up.

I always overhaul the playboard on any EM I do . Best to pull it out otherwise you cant easily see the condition of all the parts .

If it’s really bad hit it with the high pressure wash. Cleans everything including the wood support panel.

Looks like you have a real task ahead of you mate.

I have used a steaming unit which can also removes alot of dirt and build up. I would suggest to keep clear of transformer.