Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinsanity

Arcade King

My god - Wayne if you're not taking the piss - that makes so much sense its not funny.

Dan - they don't really moderate on pinside, why do you think all of the banned people from here and AP live there? They'll only take something down if they get a complaint about it, and even then they often don't.

Around the time that all the bumper stuff went down, pinsanity was carrying on with a bunch of stuff which was outright libel using peoples real names, trying to throw David S. under the bus among others, and I tried to get Robin to take it down, and he wouldn't. Citing that they had no proof either way so could do nothing. Unless things have changed over the years, moderation really only happens when people make physical threats on each other over there. Or, one of the many lawyers (actual, not pinball) on the site draft a formal complaint.

You're not serious? They don't moderate? I guess not it they allow Pinsanity to post. They must be rich, if they aren't too concerned.

Does this Robin have a surname?

After reading here what Reuben (Pinsanity) had posted on Pinside, and they have allowed this libellous material to remain on their site makes them as culpable. It is false and misleading and unbelievable that they would allow such content to remain up there.

I am awaiting a response before I pass judgment on the administrator of that site to allow such material to be left up and not removed.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading here what Reuben (Pinsanity) had posted on Pinside, and they have allowed this libellous material to remain on their site makes them as culpable. It is false and misleading and unbelievable that they would allow such content to remain up there.

Someone in the US will almost certainly have absolutely no clue about the minutiae of the Australian pinball scene many years ago. So they have no way of identifying whether or not his statements have any semblance with reality. And, why would they care? This is stuff that may or may not have happened many years ago in a country that has 10% of the pinball players of the US. If I were a Pinside moderator, this post wouldn't even make my radar. They have much more serious problems that need to be moderated other than some footnote in Australian pinball history.

I'd just let it lie. It's obvious from the guy's post that he has an axe to grind (even to someone like me, who has no idea of what happened back then).

The guy clearly is a moron. Just out him. He doesn't deserve getting any attention. Let's keep him irrelevant.

Michi.

• Administrators
Robin is Dutch and living in Holland. The funny thing is most posters on Pinside "think" it's an American site and it simply isn't. Good luck taking any action against him or the site.

Yeah I was going to say its not the American users that concern me.

You're not serious? They don't moderate? I guess not it they allow Pinsanity to post. They must be rich, if they aren't too concerned.

Does this Robin have a surname?

I am awaiting a response before I pass judgment on the administrator of that site to allow such material to be left up and not removed.

The post in question has been reported to the mods.

It probably needed to be addressed, the membership has turned over even in just the 18mths I took a break, so there would be plenty who don't know the history.

Old mate needs to get over it. Hes been grinding this axe for a very long time and whats worse, it has no basis in reality.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"

I use that quote to people quite often

And try to keep it in mind always.

It can be quite useful

Also try to find something you like in everyone. Or in a pinball.

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I've been doing some research overnight and found out some interesting things.

Thanks also to those who have also provided info and advice.

From what I've been reading, the offending post goes against their policies and, therefore, I am absolutely dumbfounded as to why the moderators have allowed it to remain. Especially after a few people who are affected by the comments, myself included, have contacted them about it.

What is more concerning is the fact that at least one person has advised me, that they had already contacted the site and received no response at all about this post. For other members here to post the same thing, that the site do not respond to people, again goes against what the site administrator, Robin, has published on his site.

Pinball is such a small community in the grand scheme of things. It's continually growing and reaching out to more and more people all the time. Keeping pinball positive and fun is crucial to it's growth and existence.

Forums play an important part in the content they provide and allow to be published. They have a responsibility to control their members if they are only active to incite, inflame or insult other individuals without proof. These trolls, what they are normally referred to, have no place on any forum. They only cause constant problems and actually bring the site down with their behaviour and content. This in turn gives some people the wrong impression of what most of us more experienced people know to be false.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements/page/18#post-4232846

Aussie forum guys, please ask Pinsider @furballx to log in to his Pinside account and check his box. We have verified him here and wish to speak further. We are told he is a moderator on your forum and we’d like that confirmed as well so we know we are speaking with the right guy. Thanks.

Ok folks, let's pump the brakes a little bit here. Pinsanity's comments on Pinside have been noted and are under review.

1) As some of you already commented, yes, it's clear he has some kind of axe to grind.

2) We assumed the comments were largely inaccurate, just because of the above point.

3) Yes, most of us are unfamiliar with the specific details of the unfortunate Bumper Amusements fiasco. However, we also have our fair share of controversies, so we are familiar with the drama they tend to dredge up.

4) Note that we apply more of a "free speech" approach to the Pinside forums, and generally do not arbitrarily delete or censor posts, unless there is a clear and extreme rules violation. To see our forum rules, you can review them here: https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

5) I don't know what your organizational structure is or who is ultimately in charge around here. We received two messages from people listed as moderators/administrators on AA. One was reasonably cordial and about what we could expect from peers of another community, the other was....well, not. Robin (the site owner) will be reaching out to one of the AA moderators privately as his schedule permits.

Well said Michi, however, that does not excuse the responsibilities of any administrator or moderator of a site to ensure they take seriously the content on their site and are accountable for the material. Especially, if there is a complaint and they fail to act, they can be held liable.

Each member is responsible for their own words. Safe harbor provisions apply in some shape or form to most platforms & service providers on the Internet, and in most non-communist nations. On top of that, international civil lawsuits, like the one you attempted to threaten us with, are beyond complex and prohibitively expensive to pursue. We are receptive to cordial discussions, and would hope to not see a dialog opened with a salvo of unkind remarks, to put it lightly.

We don't spring into a frenzy every time someone says disparaging things about Pinside on the Aussie Arcade forums. Most of the time, they're either not true, one-sided, or just selective cherry-picked facts. We have our fair share of unhappy users too, who also like to say negative or disparaging things about our site on other platforms (including your site), and I certainly sympathize with your feelings about it. We don't generally make much of a big deal about it, since it's usually obvious what those kinds of comments actually are.

It goes without saying that I would hope there could be a reasonably cordial relationship between the various pinball communities on the web. It's usually those few loud/toxic troublemakers that end up unfairly representing our respective sites to each other, usually with personal vendettas of some sort or axes to grind. For instance, not too long ago you ended up banning one of our infamous banned members, who has been rotating from community to community, and usually has fairly unkind things to say about our community. But, I'd like to think most people are smart enough to be able to see through that sort of thing.

Most of us are just your average enthusiast or hobbyist, and I assume the AA community is much the same in that respect. To think that one or two trolls or toxic posters is representative as a community as a whole would be a little disingenuous to that community. I'm not too familiar with the Aussie Arcade forums, but I assume the broad strokes of the community are reasonably familiar to ours--just a bunch of folks gathering together to share their interest and enjoyment of pinball.

• Administrators

Thanks for the heads up. I will follow up now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok folks, let's pump the brakes a little bit here. Pinsanity's comments on Pinside have been noted and are under review.

1) As some of you already commented, yes, it's clear he has some kind of axe to grind.

2) We assumed the comments were largely inaccurate, just because of the above point.

3) Yes, most of us are unfamiliar with the specific details of the unfortunate Bumper Amusements fiasco. However, we also have our fair share of controversies, so we are familiar with the drama they tend to dredge up.

4) Note that we apply more of a "free speech" approach to the Pinside forums, and generally do not arbitrarily delete or censor posts, unless there is a clear and extreme rules violation. To see our forum rules, you can review them here: https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

5) I don't know what your organizational structure is or who is ultimately in charge around here. We received two messages from people listed as moderators/administrators on AA. One was reasonably cordial and about what we could expect from peers of another community, the other was....well, not. Robin (the site owner) will be reaching out to one of the AA moderators privately as his schedule permits.

Each member is responsible for their own words. Safe harbor provisions apply in some shape or form to most platforms & service providers on the Internet, and in most non-communist nations. On top of that, international civil lawsuits, like the one you attempted to threaten us with, are beyond complex and prohibitively expensive to pursue. We are receptive to cordial discussions, and would hope to not see a dialog opened with a salvo of unkind remarks, to put it lightly.

We don't spring into a frenzy every time someone says disparaging things about Pinside on the Aussie Arcade forums. Most of the time, they're either not true, one-sided, or just selective cherry-picked facts. We have our fair share of unhappy users too, who also like to say negative or disparaging things about our site on other platforms (including your site), and I certainly sympathize with your feelings about it. We don't generally make much of a big deal about it, since it's usually obvious what those kinds of comments actually are.

It goes without saying that I would hope there could be a reasonably cordial relationship between the various pinball communities on the web. It's usually those few loud/toxic troublemakers that end up unfairly representing our respective sites to each other, usually with personal vendettas of some sort or axes to grind. For instance, not too long ago you ended up banning one of our infamous banned members, who has been rotating from community to community, and usually has fairly unkind things to say about our community. But, I'd like to think most people are smart enough to be able to see through that sort of thing.

Most of us are just your average enthusiast or hobbyist, and I assume the AA community is much the same in that respect. To think that one or two trolls or toxic posters is representative as a community as a whole would be a little disingenuous to that community. I'm not too familiar with the Aussie Arcade forums, but I assume the broad strokes of the community are reasonably familiar to ours--just a bunch of folks gathering together to share their interest and enjoyment of pinball.

Thanks ForceFlow, we could not have asked for anything more. Anyone who has moderated a forum understands that problematic incidents take time and discussion to resolve. We do appreciate that they are being considered.

Dave

I feel like I'm playing a game of Cluedo or Guess who! I think I know but I can't say cos I don't want to defame anyone, but a simple yes or no to the following questions. Did he work for Bumper Action A and was he the one that was warning people of the shenanigans associated with what was to come of the BA business and people were telling him to move on one would also call him a whistleblower? If it was then he warrants an axe to grind if not I'm still in the dark and even more confused.:confused:

• Administrators
I feel like I'm playing a game of Cluedo or Guess who! I think I know but I can't say cos I don't want to defame anyone, but a simple yes or no to the following questions. Did he work for Bumper Action A and was he the one that was warning people of the shenanigans associated with what was to come of the BA business and people were telling him to move on one would also call him a whistleblower? If it was then he warrants an axe to grind if not I'm still in the dark and even more confused.:confused:

To my knowledge he did not work for Bumper Hotty.

Dave

• Administrators

The biggest issue here is he's made unfounded claims against me and AA in regards to Bumper which I take very seriously. Sames goes for the accusations he made with Homepin and AA.

This bloke runs his mouth and gets away with it with no consequences.

I'm sure @Darksoul and @shooter75 would have more to add as they have both been stalked by this freak.

Edited by Arcade King

I use that quote to people quite often

And try to keep it in mind always.

It can be quite useful

Also try to find something you like in everyone. Or in a pinball.

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Another quote I have found useful,

'Those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them too, and then you destroy yourself ' Richard Nixon

Makes me think

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Each member is responsible for their own words. Safe harbor provisions apply in some shape or form to most platforms & service providers on the Internet, and in most non-communist nations.

Thanks for your post. I agree with most of it. Just something to be mindful of but the law is different here. We don't have 'free speech' in the way that Americans do. Your member with what he has already posted could easily be sued here in Australia (providing anyone wanted to pay to do it). I suspect if we were to trawl his post history, he has a long history of libellous posts against people here in Australia, and specifically this forum. Pinside being based in Europe is exempt from our laws, but if Pinside was hosted here, or had a presence here, Robin would most definitely be found liable if he refused to take down posts that were libellous once requested.

The problem with this person is not a new one, it has been going on for many years and hes been using pinside as his sounding board for most of that time.

Glad to see that you're investigating it moving forward.

I think what Stu did with the mega-meat was the start of bringing it all together, if you meet people it's harder to go all keyboard warrior on them.

Which is why I think this (https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/90468-Are-regular-meets-in-Melbourne-possible-or-am-I-dreaming) is a great idea (check out the monthly roster) and other states should follow suit (if enough interest gets generated).

haahahahahahahahahah - just to PROVE how DUMB the entire Pinside moderation "team" is have a look at this - they are complete wankers and they wonder why their site is a complete mess - or maybe they don't???

I have written many times to Robin to no avail but I think this proves my point about how dumb and idiotic the lack of moderation of Pinside is:

11410481_ScreenHunter_649Feb_1623_02.jpg.3b5cfcd878859eb1d1330b1e06c4474a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Poor response - get your moderation team up to speed - stop pandering to the 1%

To say (basically) "we are American and we don't know" is complete BULLSHIT and a cop out. You allow dickheads like pinsanity (and others) to say anything they like with zero interest - I have written to Robin for a year with no action or interest from him.

Don't waste your time with long winded posts here and "ejecting" me from a thread on Pinside - wake up to your STUPID selves and fix the problems on your DUTCH site!!! Most of the members on Pinside don'r even know the place is 100% foreign owned and run - seriously????

Americans...........seriously mislead.........(my opinion only).

• Administrators

Guys, I can confirm that Pinside staff have contacted AA on this matter. They are taking it very seriously and I have every reason to believe that we will get a fair hearing and that they want to resolve it in the best manner possible. We appreciate that AA members are loyal and want to see our forum reputation protected but we need to remember that Pinside members are in the same position.

Dave