Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championships - Sponsored by Hallertau Beer!

Thanks Dave! Sorry if I’ve missed payment instructions...could you please let me know when you need $?

No sweat - there haven’t been any. :)

Aussies - you can either pay the $30 into my PayPal, or give me $30 on Friday night. Try and have the correct cash. :)

Kiwis - you have my bank account number.

All too easy!

Spent the last 2 weeks getting all the pins set up and tuned up for October!

rd

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave

Please add my name to the list for all comps. I'll pay on Friday.

I'll fly to Auckland and play pinball before going to Wellington and be with my new grandsons. Give them an idea of the silver ball gospel, yeaaah.

Roland

Cool buddy, I’ve added you in. :)

Dave.

Timber bases! It's a step up from Sys 11 perspex bases....

Yep. Will look pretty styley.

Main reason for the wood bases is my buddies laser cutter is screwed up. So it can’t cut the bases well. Last pincade, most of those bases were cut out by hand by me on my workbench - filing and sanding for hours lol

I have a plan for the timber bases - will follow how I made these Macs ones for my Macs Interstate Comp a few months back.

rd

4E9D48B9-35BA-457B-8A89-64DE6A30FD5F.thumb.jpg.1bd676aba5811f8fccb6190e59f4d26e.jpg

Timber bases! It's a step up from Sys 11 perspex bases....

Yeah mine didn't survive the journey back to the US, and then after i glued the three pieces back together, it fell in two again when i moved it last time. It seems to still balance ok that way though.

Yeah mine didn't survive the journey back to the US, and then after i glued the three pieces back together, it fell in two again when i moved it last time. It seems to still balance ok that way though.

Rough as guts! :)

Bring it back when you come and I’ll glue it up all special for you.

rd

I'm pleased to announce that Hallertau, one of NZ's leading brewers, is coming onboard as the principle sponsor of the Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championships.

More details of the sponsorship will be announced next week.

Thanks to Hallertau for their generous sponsorship!

rd

HALL-HORO-1.png.937a12b1edead97d049173529e227d3d.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Here are the details on whats happening over Labour Weekend at SHPC, aka PukeBurgh.

Lots of information here - but please read it, it'll make the weekend go smoothly if everyone knows whats happening!

Hallertau Brewery have come on board to sponsor the event. There's Hallertau for the winners, and the bar opens 6pm Sunday for the free Hallertau Happy Hour.

Still time to enter if you haven't already. $60 the whole weekend, or $25 Sunday only.

If any under 16s want to play in any comp, they are welcome to play, free of charge.

The whole event will be run on https://matchplay.events/ I encourage you to visit there ASAP and set up an account.

You'll find your IFPA number on your IFPA Profile at https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/country.php?country=114 to link them together.

When you have a Matchplay account, you can use your phone to watch live results, see what game you're playing, etc etc.

There will be NO group annoucements over the weekend, it will all be done via Matchplay on your phone, and the large TV screen on the desk.

IMPORTANT NOTE - as it is Labour Weekend, the Southern Motorway will probably be shocking on Friday night.

I would allow 2 hours AKL-Pukekohe, just in case you get stuck in traffic.

House Rules:

- Remember this is a private house, not a public bar. :-)

- Please remove watches and rings before playing the pinballs, otherwise the pins get scratched up!

- Food and drink is to be consumed outside on the concrete or on the grass please.

- Drinking is welcome. Drunkeness is not. Please don't get drunk or you will be asked to leave.

- No drugs at my house please. This should go without saying.

- Remember, there are children in the comp too. No swearing or smacking the machines. IFPA Yellow card system in place - 2 cards, you're out of there.

- Mens toilet will be the portaloo outside. Womans toilet is inside the house, see Danni or Fiona for details

- Unfortunately, I don't have room in my fridge for 80 peoples beer, or free wi-fi. :-)

FRIDAY 19TH - FLIP FRENZY!

- Doors open 5pm - free play and practice

- Check in at the Desk when you arrive!

- Food Truck on site 5-8pm (bring cash - see down the bottom for menu)

- Get your T-Shirt 5-7pm - $30 cash if you haven't already paid

- Flip Frenzy starts 7pm

- Doors close 11pm

Flip Frenzy - what the hell is that?

The Flip Frenzy is a timed tournament. Frenzys are generally run for 3 hours, providing hours of non-stop pinball action.

The idea is to play as many games of pinball as possible, and to have the best win/loss ratio at the end of the competition!

First up - each machine is randomly assigned to two players. Players must play a proper competitive 3 (or 5) ball game of pinball to find a winner.

When a game is completed:

- Both players are to go to the desk to report the result, without any delay. The winner scores a WIN and the loser scores a LOSS.

Regardless of the result:

- The player who was Player 2 in the game stays at the desk, and goes to the back of the queue to await their next game assignment.

- The player who was Player 1 in the game returns to the same machine with the player from the front of the queue. The new player will be PLAYER 1 in the new game, and the returning player is Player 2.

- After that game, the process is repeated - results are reported, P2 goes to the rear of the queue, and P1 returns to the same game to play as Player 2 in the new game.

Other Rules:

- Players who are absent from the queue when their name is called are to be credited with a loss, and placed at the back of the queue.

- All Frenzy games must be played in a competitive spirit. Any collusion in results (ie 1 ball games) will result in disqualification from the event.

- A player is free to end their ball if they think they have enough points to win, or plunge a ball if they want to concede. However, all balls must be played and the game must be in GAME OVER state when the players leave the game. Turning a machine on/off to end a game is not allowed.

- Any extra balls should be "skillfully plunged" - ie you can line up a skill shot etc, but no attempts to flip the ball are allowed.

- At the end of the 3 hours, no more games may start.

- Standings are to be based on net wins (i.e. wins - losses = your score) The best score at the end of the competition is the winner.

SATURDAY 20TH - THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE PINBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

- Doors open 9am - free play and practice

- Check in at the desk when you arrive!

- Food Truck on site 9am-2pm and 5pm-9pm (see down the bottom for menu)

- Main Event starts 9:30am

- 4 Player matchplay, scoring 3,2,1,0 points on random assigned banks of 3 machines (one new, one mid, one old)

- Banks will be up on Matchplay on the day.

- Top 32 qualifiers make the finals.

- Finals will commence 30 minutes after the last round of qualifying finishes.

- Finals games will be best-of-three-games - top seed gets choice of bank and playing order

- Semi Finals and Finals will be best-of-five games. Top seed chooses first bank, and two games from a second bank (if required) and also playing order

- Doors close 11pm

SUNDAY 21ST - SHPC FINALS - 3 STRIKE - BELLES AND CHIMES

- Main Event finals continue from 10am - no need to be there if you're not playing, but you can play the other pins if you want.

- SHPC Trophies will be awarded before the start of the 3 Strike Comp.

- 3 strike Comp will start no earlier than 1pm.

- HALLERTAU HAPPY HOUR! From 6pm. Free cold Hallertau beer for all competitors (R18) - please drink responsibily! :-)

Thanks to Hallertau for providing the product - be sure to support them when you are next purchasing your beverages.

- Belles and Chimes Ladies Comp starts no earlier than 7pm - all ladies are encouraged to play!

- Doors close 11pm

FOOD TRUCK MENU AND DETAILS

They have eftpos (but no credit cards) Evidently the machine doesn't accept international cards, so bring cash!

* I asked them to make some vegetarian stuff as well .... so that'll be available on the day.

Friday 5-9pm

Burgers $12

Chips $4

Hotdog $3

Drinks $2

Saturday & Sunday 9-2pm

Coffee $3.50

Breakfast Burger $15

Pancakes with bacon $12

Burgers/wraps $12

Vege Burger- Portabello Mushroom with salad, beetroot relish & aioli $12

Hot chips $4

Hot dogs $3

Saturday & Sunday 5-9pm

Sirloin Steak with salad & fries $18

Beef Nacho's with cheese & sour cream $12

Scallops wrapped in bacon with salad &chips $18

Burgers $12

Chips $4

Good times!

See you all there!

Dave

Edited by rotordave

Flights booked, accom booked in Pukekohe, room for one more if anyone interested.

Still need a car from the airport. Send me a pm if you're keen to share or have room for me on Friday afternoon.

Roland

When do you land Roland? I'm flying in Friday too. Will check details when I'm home.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Melbourne was gorgeous, but nothing compares to the long white cloudy land! Here I am, and so excited to be here again!

Late addition: My friend Ben Sparks wants to join us for Sunday only, please.

See yous soon!

Mmmm hotdogs.

Hi guys. Here are the details on whats happening over Labour Weekend at SHPC, aka PukeBurgh.

Lots of information here - but please read it, it'll make the weekend go smoothly if everyone knows whats happening!

Hallertau Brewery have come on board to sponsor the event. There's Hallertau for the winners, and the bar opens 6pm Sunday for the free Hallertau Happy Hour.

Still time to enter if you haven't already. $60 the whole weekend, or $25 Sunday only.

If any under 16s want to play in any comp, they are welcome to play, free of charge.

The whole event will be run on https://matchplay.events/ I encourage you to visit there ASAP and set up an account.

You'll find your IFPA number on your IFPA Profile at https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/country.php?country=114 to link them together.

When you have a Matchplay account, you can use your phone to watch live results, see what game you're playing, etc etc.

There will be NO group annoucements over the weekend, it will all be done via Matchplay on your phone, and the large TV screen on the desk.

IMPORTANT NOTE - as it is Labour Weekend, the Southern Motorway will probably be shocking on Friday night.

I would allow 2 hours AKL-Pukekohe, just in case you get stuck in traffic.

House Rules:

- Remember this is a private house, not a public bar. :-)

- Please remove watches and rings before playing the pinballs, otherwise the pins get scratched up!

- Food and drink is to be consumed outside on the concrete or on the grass please.

- Drinking is welcome. Drunkeness is not. Please don't get drunk or you will be asked to leave.

- No drugs at my house please. This should go without saying.

- Remember, there are children in the comp too. No swearing or smacking the machines. IFPA Yellow card system in place - 2 cards, you're out of there.

- Mens toilet will be the portaloo outside. Womans toilet is inside the house, see Danni or Fiona for details

- Unfortunately, I don't have room in my fridge for 80 peoples beer, or free wi-fi. :-)

FRIDAY 19TH - FLIP FRENZY!

- Doors open 5pm - free play and practice

- Check in at the Desk when you arrive!

- Food Truck on site 5-8pm (bring cash - see down the bottom for menu)

- Get your T-Shirt 5-7pm - $30 cash if you haven't already paid

- Flip Frenzy starts 7pm

- Doors close 11pm

Flip Frenzy - what the hell is that?

The Flip Frenzy is a timed tournament. Frenzys are generally run for 3 hours, providing hours of non-stop pinball action.

The idea is to play as many games of pinball as possible, and to have the best win/loss ratio at the end of the competition!

First up - each machine is randomly assigned to two players. Players must play a proper competitive 3 (or 5) ball game of pinball to find a winner.

When a game is completed:

- Both players are to go to the desk to report the result, without any delay. The winner scores a WIN and the loser scores a LOSS.

Regardless of the result:

- The player who was Player 2 in the game stays at the desk, and goes to the back of the queue to await their next game assignment.

- The player who was Player 1 in the game returns to the same machine with the player from the front of the queue. The new player will be PLAYER 1 in the new game, and the returning player is Player 2.

- After that game, the process is repeated - results are reported, P2 goes to the rear of the queue, and P1 returns to the same game to play as Player 2 in the new game.

Other Rules:

- Players who are absent from the queue when their name is called are to be credited with a loss, and placed at the back of the queue.

- All Frenzy games must be played in a competitive spirit. Any collusion in results (ie 1 ball games) will result in disqualification from the event.

- A player is free to end their ball if they think they have enough points to win, or plunge a ball if they want to concede. However, all balls must be played and the game must be in GAME OVER state when the players leave the game. Turning a machine on/off to end a game is not allowed.

- Any extra balls should be "skillfully plunged" - ie you can line up a skill shot etc, but no attempts to flip the ball are allowed.

- At the end of the 3 hours, no more games may start.

- Standings are to be based on net wins (i.e. wins - losses = your score) The best score at the end of the competition is the winner.

SATURDAY 20TH - THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE PINBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

- Check in at the desk when you arrive!

- Main Event starts 9:30am

- 4 Player matchplay, scoring 3,2,1,0 points on random assigned banks of 3 machines (one new, one mid, one old)

- Banks will be up on Matchplay on the day.

- Top 32 qualifiers make the finals.

- Finals will commence 30 minutes after the last round of qualifying finishes.

- Finals games will be best-of-three-games - top seed gets choice of bank and playing order

- Semi Finals and Finals will be best-of-five games. Top seed chooses first bank, and two games from a second bank (if required) and also playing order

- Doors close 11pm

SUNDAY 21ST - SHPC FINALS - 3 STRIKE - BELLES AND CHIMES

- Main Event finals continue from 10am - no need to be there if you're not playing, but you can play the other pins if you want.

- SHPC Trophies will be awarded before the start of the 3 Strike Comp.

- 3 strike Comp will start no earlier than 1pm.

- HALLERTAU HAPPY HOUR! From 6pm. Free cold Hallertau beer for all competitors (R18) - please drink responsibily! :-)

Thanks to Hallertau for providing the product - be sure to support them when you are next purchasing your beverages.

- Belles and Chimes Ladies Comp starts no earlier than 7pm - all ladies are encouraged to play!

- Doors close 11pm

FOOD TRUCK MENU AND DETAILS

They have eftpos (but no credit cards) Evidently the machine doesn't accept international cards, so bring cash!

* I asked them to make some vegetarian stuff as well .... so that'll be available on the day.

Friday 5-9pm

Burgers $12

Chips $4

Hotdog $3

Drinks $2

Saturday & Sunday 9-2pm

Coffee $3.50

Breakfast Burger $15

Pancakes with bacon $12

Burgers/wraps $12

Hot chips $4

Hot dogs $3

Saturday & Sunday 5-9pm

Sirloin Steak with salad & fries $18

Beef Nacho's with cheese & sour cream $12

Scallops wrapped in bacon with salad &chips $18

Burgers $12

Chips $4

Good times!

See you all there!

Dave

Right ho!

Big weekend of pinball here in Pukekohe.

The results of the inaugural Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championships:

Awesome weekend of pinball at the Southern Hemisphere Pinball Champs!

1 Brett Goodwin

2 David Peck

3 Duncan Booth

4 Danielle Peck

6 WILLIAM GILL

6 BJ Wilson

6 Ted Woods

6 Esther Ahronheim

12 Bruce Cathie

12 Adam Vesly

12 Daryl Purdie

12 Karri Butler

12 Lewis Tennant

12 Lisa Conroy

12 SIMON HAXTON

12 Vince Lumbers

20 ROSS MEIJER

20 Tim Chapman

20 Aidan Kersley

20 Kim Dozier

20 Brent Buchanan

20 Drew Castle

20 Tim Walle

20 Naiomi Goodwin

28 Alana King

28 Kristin Castle

28 Stephen Lukey

28 Scott Harvey

28 Peter Menzel

28 OLIVER SMART

28 Hamish Guthrey

28 Fiona Peck

33 Ryan Stillwell

34 Hugh Dickson

34 Tim Fulton

36 Jason Hoseason

37 ROLAND KAEGI

38 Raymond Yee

39 Josh Wyatt

40 James Chisholm

41 Jaron Gaylard

42 Mike Davidson

43 Kelly Buxton

44 Shannon Mason

45 Garrick Laing

46 Dallas Russ

47 STEVE VASSILIADIS

48 John Maughn

49 Lauren Rosser

50 Alex Knewstubb

51 Carter Holloway

52 Chrysanthe Psychogios

52 Andrew Barrow

54 John Devine

55 DAN ROBAR

55 Warwick Armstrong

57 Lynda Corner

58 Ricky Stephens

59 Adam Corner

60 David Rhodes

61 George Davidson

62 Nassai Herren

63 Kalt Ley

64 Karen Edwards

65 Brett Peters

66 Julia Damrow

67 Ian Benjamin

Thanks to Dan Robar for helping out with running the comps, Tim Chapman for being as helpful as always and everyone else that came along and made it a very successful weekend of pinball, and hopefully the start of the suouthern hemispheres biggest annual tournament weekend!

Dave.

Another incredibly successful weekend, thanks Dave, Danny and Fiona for organising the lot and making all of us feel welcome. Thanks to Dan too for the 'new rules' flip frenzy and for introducing (some of) us to stall ball. Good fun! Great comps, great people, great machines... yoohoo!:041::041:

Thanks for an awesome weekend of pinball fun, Dave, and fam. You opened up your house to a bunch of folks, prepped a heap of fantastic machines, ran a great weekend of competitions, organised everything perfectly, provided free beers through Hallertau, food from the food truck.. the list goes on. Highlights for me were hanging out with great people, playing on games I'd heard about but never seen, being able to camp on site in the campervan, getting chauffered around in the hearse, letting loose on Sunday night with the "I love the 80's" soundtrack booming through the games rooms. Too much fun.

Hugh (and Kel and Tim)