Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 20 - Game 5 ~ Bank Panic ~ [FINISHED]

I can consistently score in the 200K's but getting more than that proves to be difficult.

I really enjoy playing this game, it is probably the only one so far in MGL XX that I haven't felt that in trying to improve my score I am somewhat distracting from my enjoyment of the game.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're all waiting for you to stream and show us your expertise (as well as how to play it). My trigger finger is just way too itchy for this game I'm afraid.

Probably stream soon. The crush roller swear jar will be in effect

This has to be the best reason to convert my cab to three buttons. I have trouble picking the white booted bad guy and don't get why it is "unfair" to shoot a bad guy before he draws - he's gong to rob me and shoot me?

Wild western gunfight traditions? Unfair to shoot until a gun is drawn. Something like that.

Wild western gunfight traditions? Unfair to shoot until a gun is drawn. Something like that.

I wondered about this "unfair" thing too - is that a hint that we should be waiting for a gun to be drawn before shooting for more points? :) I might have to give it a go.

I wondered about this "unfair" thing too - is that a hint that we should be waiting for a gun to be drawn before shooting for more points? :) I might have to give it a go.

Yes I think so. But I can't shoot fast enough to kill white boots bad guy. It all happens so fast I couldn't work it out - the ques, the $, who to shoot, the anything really - so had to read the wikipedia entry on the game. My Mame install doesn't have instruction cards - do any? I'm still lucky to get past round two on a good game but would have stopped playing otherwise. I'm not really sure on the ethics of MGL for stuff like this but at my level I figure no one cares.

Yes I think so. But I can't shoot fast enough to kill white boots bad guy. It all happens so fast I couldn't work it out - the ques, the $, who to shoot, the anything really - so had to read the wikipedia entry on the game. My Mame install doesn't have instruction cards - do any? I'm still lucky to get past round two on a good game but would have stopped playing otherwise. I'm not really sure on the ethics of MGL for stuff like this but at my level I figure no one cares.

The Red badguy in the white boots will draw a second gun after you shoot him the first time, so it takes two bullets to kill him.

Yes.... not shooting so soon will mean more points.... once the bad guys draw shoot them. If you time it so that you shoot them at 00Secs you will get maximum points. As you get further into the game they draw faster so you need to shoot them faster.

Remember.... A dead bad guy as he was shot unfairly is better than a dead Hero

bank0000.png.3fd1e63748bfe5578ea8423b5b438e8f.png

That will do for tonight, happy to move up the rankings and finally score beyond 40k - not sure why I'm much better tonight, didn't learn that much from Barra - maybe it's having a Vodka first has calmed my nerves :lol

Here is my hard luck story.... decided to have a game during my lunch break at work and was doing pretty well when it started to glitch. It started glitching close to 300000 and I could see doors over the top of doors and couldn't see those who opened the door properly and lost a couple of lives through it. I took a screenshot when I hit 300000 still with 3 or 4 lives. The screen had frozen at that point and I couldn't move to any other door. After 5-10 seconds, the screen changed to be what is shown in the second screen shot.

I may have been about to lose all of my lives, but I feel that I was about to beat my high score.... oh well.... will need to try again, but not sure when I'll find the time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61948[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]61949[/ATTACH]

The second screenshot is a photo from my camera as the screenshot button didn't seem to work at that point.

It's an infuriating game, lol, some of them are damn fast, and I'm only on low levels! You guys reflexes must be great at the higher levels! Still, I'll keep at it :)

I gave a few tips of things I found early on in this thread and then a couple more later on. The thing that stuffed me up at the start was I didn't know how to tell a bad guy from a good guy until they pulled their gun or money bag out. After I realised that the bad guys always have a handkerchief over their mouth I started to improve.

I gave a few tips of things I found early on in this thread and then a couple more later on. The thing that stuffed me up at the start was I didn't know how to tell a bad guy from a good guy until they pulled their gun or money bag out. After I realised that the bad guys always have a handkerchief over their mouth I started to improve.

I only just realised you can shoot hats! :)

Yeah, this has happened to me a couple of times.

BTW, can someone explain exactly what the difference is between the levels you can choose at the start of the game?

Just starts you at a later round and you get the bonus points when youve completed the round. Its possible to get 50k+ per level so not worth it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61968[/ATTACH]

Went to soccer training, had a couple of bourbons, ate too much dinner and felt as though i was going to vomit and decided it would be a good time to have a game of Bank Panic. Played one game and got my best score so far. Will I get better with more bourbons is the question.