Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb El Dorado

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just fixed the alignment of the pics up for you.

Good to see more love for the old girls of late.

Thanks for taking the time to share :)

jesse, gotta say i find your posts very inspirational.

as trav mentioned above it's great to see some love for these old pins, pity there aren't more restos here.

waiting for a pin that i'll be rebuilding from the ground up soonish and will document as i go.

keep up the great work mate :023:

as trav mentioned above it's great to see some love for these old pins, pity there aren't more restos here.

waiting for a pin that i'll be rebuilding from the ground up soonish and will document as i go.

Good to see your finding the love again Tony.[emoji1690]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tony. I got back into vintage pinball machines and then restoring them after reading your restos (also Rob's and Millsy's and judge). They were very inspiring. Thanks guys.

Without information and advice directly from AA members I would not have a clue how things work. All the guys that share their knowledge here (and for free) is very generous.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

That looks really solid and original, but no matter how many spares are out there, touch ups on the playfield scare me off. Great game Jesse. Always wanted one, but I want the lot. Ha.[emoji2957]

Yeah I get scared of playfield touch ups too. This machine has been in storage for 11 years! Eek. And the playfield is way beyond me. The cabinet isn't original it has been completely redone and with a new design on the front (see horseshoes)

Luckily I already have most of the spares for this project. And the game came with a Wade Krause reproduction playfield so I won't need to do any touch ups there.

34.thumb.jpg.4d579b1e5ccf3beccc3ebb381f25f1d8.jpg

Yeah I get scared of playfield touch ups too. This machine has been in storage for 11 years! Eek. And the playfield is way beyond me. The cabinet isn't original it has been completely redone and with a new design on the front (see horseshoes)

Luckily I already have most of the spares for this project. And the game came with a Wade Krause reproduction playfield so I won't need to do any touch ups there.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153061

I didn’t know you could get a repro playfield?

Thanks Rob yeah I will get a set. Cheaper if I get 2 sets as delivery is a killer. I will start a separate post and see if anyone wants to share delivery costs.

As per @fridgejams post about using "shopmate" I've decided to give it a go and have an order coming from Marco for a Tommy. The order is still in transit.

As most of you know Marcospec uses I-global. At this stage including re-directing to shopmate it "should" turn up here at about 40% less.

mate gotta be honest that has me concerned. what happened to the people out there restoring games at home?

Think our tanking dollar Tony. I’ve considered doing a couple more and every time I start the parts list I get a huge headache!!!

It’s just too cost prohibitive lately. Well for me anyway.

Think our tanking dollar Tony. I’ve considered doing a couple more and every time I start the parts list I get a huge headache!!!

It’s just too cost prohibitive lately. Well for me anyway.

JOKERPOKER, I totally agree with you. The cost of new parts and freight can be scary when undertaking any restore. I am currently working on a Williams 'Winner' EM which I started well over 12 months ago. I purchased the title well over 5 years ago, and at the time of purchase did not open the back box. On opening I found all stepper units and 60% of relays bodies all rusted. I have been slowly dismantling steppers and relays, sandblasting, repainting and reassemble (Very time consuming). I recommend if purchasing any pinball title for a restoration, it is wise to fully inspect what you are buying first to minimise rising restore costs.

The cost of parts alone from PBR for my El Dorado restoration was $700 approximately. I purposely try not too remember how much these things cost due to the fact that if you were ever to sell them you would be hard pressed to cover the costs associated with the restore. EM's don't seem to be cost effective to restore I think it's more a labour of love.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad its got the ball gate as they are unobtanium.