Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TAITO Defender

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update....

Replacement front lower wooden section of cab has been cut and ready to go on cab.

@Kaizen has cut some wooden control panels and is supplying some original Taito buttons and a 2 way joystick (thanks again!).

I have the metal fitting (above) to locate the wooden under control panel, and to stop movement.

@MamePatrol is tracing the control panel art from a scan, which I will hopefully have printed onto a lazer cut steel control panel. A CPO on the steel control panel is plan b.

You'll have to route the panel to suit the joystick, I left it like that so you can position the joystick correctly with the metal overlay in case its not quite right or if you wanted to go with a standard joystick.

Let me know if you need pics of how the original joystick was mounted and I upload them.

Edited by Kaizen

ef73ad62c3a7092b8a1498fc18262bc8.jpg

Locating strip mounted and fits panel great. Thanks for the headsup on this @Autosteve and @Kaizen.

b658cb37b616407575bff4fc0848e224.jpg

I have the original panel latches remounted to the original Taito location and a ton of these laying around, but I need the control panel clip side. Anyone in aus sell these without buying more latch sets?

33732715ac76143f40a6e1f818f0a1f7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally getting a few free hours to get back on this Taito cab.

Unfortunatly the chassis bit the dust after a few weeks play, so back to the cab itself.

Cut bottom panel with routed bottom edge ready to dowel, glue and screw in place. May tackle the art then fit though.

[ATTACH]123760[/ATTACH]

The original has a whole square section routed out of the top, Kaizen cut this with a round hole to match the metal cover and joystick pictured in cp, but now I have 2 way joystick (next to cp on bench), I may opt for original mount setup as you say.

Wasnt sure where to sit on the original vs playability scale when asked to get this panel months back, now Im getting a Williams defender, so this one better to be more orig

• 1 month later...
Just wondering why didn't you go for a dedicated 2 way slot for the Joystick?

Here is original control panel for reference.

I still have to sort out the metal control panel, but original looks like round hole with Taito 2 way joystick, not 2 way slot.

1437013631_ScreenShot2018-03-14at12_46_38AM.jpg.d00e256d86c97b7c46ea83918e71e034.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Sam J,

Its great reading you restoration of your Defender cab. I have one which I have been waiting to get restored but hitting a few brick walls. First though is the bottom board you have replaced. Mine is damaged as well. What are you going to use to paint this as I need to do the same. Any help would be great. Thanks.

IMG_3819.thumb.jpg.8f97b4a4565027739446cf5a88900662.jpg

If any of you guys with these Taito defenders have a spare marquee that is not being used, I would be happy to take it off your hands. I have a red taito, but it’s only a 60 on 1. Thanks, Wazza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any of you guys with these Taito defenders have a spare marquee that is not being used, I would be happy to take it off your hands. I have a red taito, but it’s only a 60 on 1. Thanks, Wazza

Do you have your heart set on a Defender header panel?. I do have other 20" Taito header panels.

Do you have your heart set on a Defender header panel?. I do have other 20" Taito header panels.

Thanks Steve for the offer, but I already have a generic one in it that will do. Just one day it will sit next to my Williams Defender and it might be nice to look like two Defenders.[emoji1690]

You could get Noodle shirt to print one.

TAITO Defender

Just thinking Steve. Did Taito have a moon patrol marquee? I was thinking of putting my moon patrol boards into the Taito? Or would I have to get an original moon patrol marquee, and would it fit?? Those questions and many more I can’t answer. Ha. Thanks, Wazza.