Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

purchasing a jukebox

Hi Guy's,

I am interested in buying my first jukebox and have a lead on a ROWE AMI 100 compact disc Juke box for $2000.

Not knowing much about Jukeboxes, what should I be looking out for when inspecting.

Also is $2000 a fair price for this juke box. Unsure what model it is has the flip pages at the front with the 3 mounted discs above behind perspex as type of display.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Budgie

Hi Guy's,

I am interested in buying my first jukebox and have a lead on a ROWE AMI 100 compact disc Juke box for $2000.

Not knowing much about Jukeboxes, what should I be looking out for when inspecting.

Also is $2000 a fair price for this juke box. Unsure what model it is has the flip pages at the front with the 3 mounted discs above behind perspex as type of display.

Regards

Budgie

Someone whom is around the corner from you might help you out..

240 amusement in Hallam..

First thing if you don't know much about jukeboxes is research them for parts, common issues and price, but my advice is to buy one that works 100%, any issues after that are easy to deal with especially for the guy who has to repair it.

yep 2k is about right. in my experience you cant beat a rowe for reliability, and plentiful parts on usa ebay ,which are pretty well priced if something does fail.great sound to. sooner or later you will probably need a laser replacement but thats also pretty cheap. i have 4 jukes a rowe,rockola,nsm and a seeburg,its by far the easiest to work on.

yep 2k is about right. in my experience you cant beat a rowe for reliability, and plentiful parts on usa ebay ,which are pretty well priced if something does fail.great sound to. sooner or later you will probably need a laser replacement but thats also pretty cheap. i have 4 jukes a rowe,rockola,nsm and a seeburg,its by far the easiest to work on.

Ive had a Rowe CD100-A and had to replace the laser with a CDM-12 I think it was but it was heavy duty and wasn't that dear. Amazing sound I've gotta tell you especially the bass.

Having said that Jeff's room is a bit cramped for space at times:redface so I downsized the juke to a CD-51A. I've had two (sold one) and while it has all the same CD capacity and running gear as a CD100A it's more compact.

the only trade off was the bass isn't quite as good being a smaller cab I guess.

As Russ above said, reliable as, very heavy:( and parts are generally available for the running gear. Sometimes some of the trim can be harder to get though.

what who me not asleep yet just got home from work oops can't see it the view that is lol

see if you can wake up @charlie131 as well for his view

- - - Updated - - -

not a bad price just make sure everything works on it also get them to have it tag tested before you buy and make sure you play quite a few songs from different cd while you talk to them. Check all the lights, buttons and the pages are all working , If it's all 100 % hopefully you should be right for a while good luck.

Hi Guy's,

Regards

Budgie

Mate don't use that it will probably break and then the juke will fall off

It should have casters on it for starterts you should lock everything down before it get;s moved anyware. Use a trolly at the back to pick it up (AFTER IT'S ALL LOCKED DOWN) and take it to load. DO NOT lay it on it's back!! Do not go downstairs without at least one (preferably two people) on the downsize to help

I’m hoping it’s capacity is at least 140 kg lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Super Moderator

i've got on of these and sold 3 of them of few years back - got 3-4k per juke back then.

the amplifiers are amazing.

you can also get ipod and hard drive kits for them if the laser shits.

great jukes if working and relatively easy to fix if not.

Mate don't use that it will probably break and then the juke will fall off

It should have casters on it for starterts you should lock everything down before it get;s moved anyware. Use a trolly at the back to pick it up (AFTER IT'S ALL LOCKED DOWN) and take it to load. DO NOT lay it on it's back!! Do not go downstairs without at least one (preferably two people) on the downsize to help

love to know why you cant lay them on their back ,i allways do ,never had a problem.the alternative, dead lift onto trailer/ute?

They did it this way

I am assuming you are joking :unsure

I am going off topic and not intending to start a thread wrecker, but at the 12:30 point, up to 30 tonne a piece of rock, on a tray truck that doesn't look like the suspension has dropped at all, nope! don't buy it, but that's just me. I've watched a few docco's on the mysteries of the building of pyramids and they still can't work it out....didn't have a truck back then either.

All those years ago, it fascinates me, also the carving and complexity of the shapes of rock for the final stunning work of amazement.

love to know why you cant lay them on their back ,i allways do ,never had a problem.the alternative, dead lift onto trailer/ute?

Moved 2 bubblers that way too, of course everything was fastened down as it should be eg carousel and cd mech etc.they have metal rails to slide and support them. No issues, and no need to tie down around those fragile plastics and bubble tubes.But I would prefer a vertical transport and tailgate but wasn't an option.

@Rich Hilarious you actually thought that footage was real. Coral castle was built in the early 20's i think. That reenactment was done for a tv series called in search of in the 70's it is not actual footage. They are paid actors not the actual people :)

Coral Castle is still there today and can be visited. He was an amazing man and he was doing things then that still can not be done today. Just remember he was one guy that moved over 1200 tonne of rock in 1 year by himself. Pretty sure he knew how they did the pyramids.

@Rich Hilarious you actually thought that footage was real. Coral castle was built in the early 20's i think. That reenactment was done for a tv series called in search of in the 70's it is not actual footage. They are paid actors not the actual people :)

Coral Castle is still there today and can be visited. He was an amazing man and he was doing things then that still can not be done today. Just remember he was one guy that moved over 1200 tonne of rock in 1 year by himself. Pretty sure he knew how they did the pyramids.

And it's pretty hilarious that you actually believe what you just wrote in the last 3 sentence's. Please?

I didn't think the footage was real, hence my careful and understanding reply not to offend, I thought that you believed what you posted, no smile, no wink, I don't know you nor do I know your beliefs.

Wasn't that funny, watching us trying to get the juke on my ute my be though, come give a hand if your free.