Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP Willy Wonka

Koops

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonka thread

Looks great.

So I wonder what the 7500 model will cost here?

Still need to see the differences between models but that could be their better seller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaving out the physical ball lock on the standard is straight out dumb. Having a cheaper model that wasn't just a happy meal version of the complete game was one of JJP's big advantages over Stern, and they just lost it.

Not sure how that is dumb. Sounds like better business model in a jam packed market.

They needed to do SOMETHING to move more volume just to survive.

Want to see toy story and guns and roses actually become a reality? This is how they do it.

Can you honestly say any of their machines have been a sales success outside of woz?

As they've already said the standard is for operators.

They've obviously been asking for something cheaper and they've made them that option. Why is that so bad?

Also think of it this way.

JJP have the a product in which the price can be so high they then loose sales.

If taking a couple of coils and mech's out results in a sale isn't that a good thing form a business point of view?

Stern have already shown where the money is. It would be stupid to not use that information.

Wonka thread

Leaving out the physical ball lock on the standard is straight out dumb. Having a cheaper model that wasn't just a happy meal version of the complete game was one of JJP's big advantages over Stern, and they just lost it.

Agree :) spinning lollipop and gobble hole isn’t innovative either. Think Kaneda over hyped this one and only 5000 LE’s lol. One improvement is there saying games will ship hopefully in 60 days think I heard that correctly.

Agree :) spinning lollipop and gobble hole isn’t innovative either. Think Kaneda over hyped this one and only 5000 LE’s lol. One improvement is there saying games will ship hopefully in 60 days think I heard that correctly.

Not innovative but the lock under it is ;)

If taking a couple of coils and mech's out results in a sale isn't that a good thing form a business point of view?

Nope. If dropping the price by US$2K results in a sale, then THAT is a good thing. But the coils and mechs didn't cost anywhere near US$2K. The majority of the $2K saving comes from the shaker motor, sparkle armour, invisiglass etc that the public (as well as a lot of serious players) couldn't give a toss about. There's no point dropping the price if they're also removing the feature-packed playfields that actually induce people to play the game.

Cab art looks like a lazy attempt in all honesty, on base model. Personally not a fan of theme, the Broadway musical music is a complete brain rattler and the crazy Wilder voice was like a cheese grater on my private parts. No real special toy that gets demanded and slammed on every Stern release.

It's "pretty" on the playfield, and I'm sure deep as all ##$% when it comes to code, so to those happy buying it , congrats and enjoy. Not for me.