Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

BALLY / STERN Solid State Custom Playfields

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Why not do a second image with all the game rules on it?. Just a simple .jpg that the screen alternates to maybe?.. Seems such a shame such a nice monitor can't incorporate the score and credit displays as well aye then the cost of needing all those displays would be a massive saving. I like the way this SupaCab is heading. You can state targeting SS machines with broken backglasses and I think the monitor will not only look better than a standard backglass, you can use it for so much more.

The irony is the monitor of that size is probably cheaper and far more easier to get than an original or repainted replacement backglass and even if you just have a .jpg of the original backglass being displayed, it will definitely look brighter than just a painted piece of glass.

There must be a way of incorporating the scores in the monitor. Maybe use the potion of the software that does the scores from a virtual pinball?.

You get the scores being display into that monitor rather than needing proper displays for the scores and ball in play etc and you have made a massive leap.

The irony is the monitor of that size is probably cheaper and far more easier to get than an original or repainted replacement backglass and even if you just have a .jpg of the original backglass being displayed, it will definitely look brighter than just a painted piece of glass.

There must be a way of incorporating the scores in the monitor. Maybe use the potion of the software that does the scores from a virtual pinball?.

You get the scores being display into that monitor rather than needing proper displays for the scores and ball in play etc and you have made a massive leap.

Of course it would be nice to have scores video displayed.

That however would require a separate PC to drive the video and realistically several interface boards.

Not really inside the " can be fixed by any BALLY owner " charter.

We will be sticking to standard off the shelf parts for this project.

Dont forget the idea here is to collect / make several playfields to make this a Pinball collection in one box.

Very nice work, coming along nicely,but I cant help noticing the you picked up the Uranus Bonus......:lol, maybe ditch that and stick to Pluto.....

Planets only I'm afraid.

But dont worry there will a special INSERT FOR URANUS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

VIDEO ANIMATION

This the go to wo of Voyagers travels from the start to "WIZARD MODE "

.....there isn't really a wizard mode.

It is still a Paragon.

Also a tribute to a project being ignored.

Edited by kress

Ignored no but life is hard on this forum as a homebrewer I would agree with. I look forward to the latest installments from Slevbro Pinball/ Kress Electrix.

I'd like to see what your thinking with the playfield layout and some of the game rules. The Paragon ruleset should be killer. If it was a 7 digit game I would like to use it but I drew the line only doing the 7 digit machines to try and stop the scores being clocked...over 1million.

Maybe you have a suggestion of a more homebrew friendly forum you could recommend?.

Sometimes it is hard to get inspiration when you only get one or two pieces of feedback if any on things you post regarding homebrewed machines.

Ignored no but life is hard on this forum as a homebrewer I would agree with. I look forward to the latest installments from Slevbro Pinball/ Kress Electrix.

I'd like to see what your thinking with the playfield layout and some of the game rules. The Paragon ruleset should be killer. If it was a 7 digit game I would like to use it but I drew the line only doing the 7 digit machines to try and stop the scores being clocked...over 1million.

Maybe you have a suggestion of a more homebrew friendly forum you could recommend?.

Sometimes it is hard to get inspiration when you only get one or two pieces of feedback if any on things you post regarding homebrewed machines.

The ignored project I'm talking about is Space 1999 :cry

ignored by me.

But yes it is hard ,after hours and hours of toil one can expect very little in the way of feedback.

On the same token I know i can be quite dismissive as well from time to time.

I see this forum as a great way to log the progress of a build , if there's other users enjoying

the project that's a bonus.

I cant express my love for Aussie Arcade enough :039:

Edited by kress
  • Like 1

generally the people that chime in and give feedback and ideas are those that are interested or keen to do a homebrew themselves.

I think the idea of what @kress is doing in which I am doing a very similar approach with altek boardset is a great starting point for people that have some skills but lacking other skills - with programming being the biggest challenge for many and has been my biggest handbrake hence doing a game with an available boardset as existing rules

to get feedback and engagement you also need to maintain that dialogue with those interested, if they show interest and the thread starter does not engage and respond back the interest the thread quickly dies off - so it is alot of work but worth it.

Pinside has a good homebrew section due to alot of US guys attempting homebrews

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/homebrew-pinball

I started a homebrew index thread there which is a index of active builds and completed builds

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homebrew-pinball-games-released-2016-to-current

Jack Danger is working on a project in which he will be showing people how to build a pinball and theme based on Warrior but with underground arcades so has cool potential and then will create a doco of how to do it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-build-a-pinball-machine#post-4839494

hope that helps

• Like 1

nice progress, what brand light boards did you use for the insert lighting?

IMG_20190303_183556253.thumb.jpg.021b0543e4e46c95926cb6771064e9c1.jpg

Mmm...Brand...?

Kress Electrix I suppose.

This board counts out the word VOYAGER then a Jackpot light.

Sections of 5 volt rgb strip lighting mounted on perspex make the mounting board and an easy way to template the locations.

+ Common rail down the lefthand side.

Rgb select righthand side.

If your using the standard lamp driver board how are you then generating the RGB? Are you doing that using the multiplier lamps? to select RGB?

Or do you have a KressElectrix P40X Board? :unsure

I'll show yall a table I use.

Assume common positive.

Assume one switched wire can Drive multiples of the RGB negative INPUTS.

R+B+G = WHITE

R+G = YELLOW

G=GREEN

B+G = AQUA

B=BLUE

B+R =PINK

R = RED

I'll show yall a table I use.

Assume common positive.

Assume one switched wire can Drive multiples of the RGB negative INPUTS.

R+B+G = WHITE

R+G = YELLOW

G=GREEN

B+G = AQUA

B=BLUE

B+R =PINK

R = RED

You using our little diode friends eh? Keep up the good work :)