Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AUSTRALIAN Coke Vendo 56 Square-Top Machine

Years ago i worked in retail and coke rep abused me for storing lunch in bottom corner of coke owned fridge.

Prior to that they wernt amused work had their own fridge with coke products combined with shweppes (60c cola was the bomb) and shweppes labeled fridge so they demanded work replace it with their own

Thats when i learnt they are anal retentive

Years ago i worked in retail and coke rep abused me for storing lunch in bottom corner of coke owned fridge.

Prior to that they wernt amused work had their own fridge with coke products combined with shweppes (60c cola was the bomb) and shweppes labeled fridge so they demanded work replace it with their own

Thats when i learnt they are anal retentive

Yer they tried this crap with My Burger shop also, they would make you buy the Products that didnt sell to fill the rest of fridge, They Hated none coke stuff in their fridge fair enough, But they got upset about having Chocolate bars in there, and the fact they would make you buy shitty products that didnt sell was what got up my goat the most, They would only give you ok prices on Coke if you bought their other crap. Which ended up not being a very good deal when you have a bunch of product that didnt sell.

At the end they got told to shove their three door fridge, I could get coke 600mls cheaper from My regular suppliers than I would from direct from coke them selves, Other than coke 600ml bottles that ended up being the only Coke Product I sold in my store, no Sprite no Fanta or any of that stuff as they pissed me off so much. the rest of the other flavors were pepsi Products, Like Mt dew, 7 up and so on, which sells just as much as Sprite and those Coke brands, Pepsi were great to deal with, didnt act like the Mafia when they came in and gave better prices than coke ever did.

The local supplier who I got my coke from Had their own fridges so I didnt lose a fridge By dumping cokes fridge, Plus I got a pepsi fridge as well and I never had issues with them Bullying me around. I did have coke 600ml in the pepsi fridge and the rep was fine with it.

Most of the other stores in town converted away from Coke fridges as they all had trouble with the way they acted.

So yer Coke are bullies, they dont play fair.

there is not much point dealing with coke them selves if your an independent retailer.

Now since selling my burger Business a few years ago, I only have vending machines but I buy coke by the pallet but still dont buy directly from coke.

Coke reps are pricks.

I will say the only nice thing coke did was give me a free Coke Neon sign as a peace offering in an attempt to change back, the neon is in my home still in box and I still didnt buy back with them.

Other than the rep getting a bit of a hiding from head office for loosing some clients, over all Coke doesn't care as your considered small in their eyes, which is true But still not a reason to conduct business like that.

Edited by jason1

• Administrators
Wow people scared of the coke police hilarious :)

I am a bit with you on that....they would struggle to get my machine off me without a court order if I had one, although I know for a fact that the guys saying they will try it on are 100% correct

Wow people scared of the coke police hilarious :)

I think you will find its more todo with the fact they can and will come back with the real police and issue with a receiving Stolen Goods.

In this case it would be hard to use the defense of unknowingly holding stolen goods, lol as its been pointed out they are stolen goods. Unless they had proof to state other wise?

• Administrators

A mate of mine ran a comic shop in Sydney and thought it would be nifty to have a mini Coke fridge in it for sales. When Pepsi bought out Star Wars Episode 1 cans he had some in the fridge when the rep arrived. The guy gave him a solid pasting and threatened to remove the fridge if he ever saw another non-Coke product in there again. They are strict on their policies.

Dave

Still not scared :)

Wish i had one though.

If your not scared, why not buy one, send them a picture of the fridge with serial number to coke head office along with your address, and phone number with a caption saying "your not getting it back and id like to see you try"

That would certainly prove your not scared of coke. lol

• Administrators
Coke Police :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135046[/ATTACH]

Aussie Arcade in no way condones the use of illicit drugs under any circumstance. Nor does it concur with the posting of disrespectful images of law enforcement officers...................but.......

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.....:lol

• Like 1

@jason1 are you donating one for me to have?

lol, no as I pointed out, mines not coke, It is a dixie narco but not a coke one thankfully, Or I would have lost it by now after having it inspected by coke.

I wouldnt own an Aussie one due to the risk but also I dont really like the look Of Australian Coke machines,

So sorry I cant help you on this one, You will have to source one from Gumtree lol

If you go and do this Please feel free to Post the correspondences in full. Would make a for a good read. lol the challenge is to see if you can go the full hog and make it to court for knowingly receiving stolen goods over taking the "scared" way out and simply handing it back when they ask lol ahaha

Edited by jason1

I wanted a Vendo 56 for years because it was the type of machine I used as a kid. I think most of the modern Coke machines look awful, although I don't mind some of the C4 or C6 can machines.

Had someone from far north QLD offer to buy it from me today. Asked me how much I wanted for it. Even without shipping issues, I don't think he would have offered anywhere near what I paid for it. Add to that the shipping, no chance in hell. I told him he would be better off sourcing one locally.

I think most of the modern Coke machines look awful

you talking about the regular dixie narco machine?

If so yer they dont really have much character, they are good machines though, great for doing what they do as far as making money, but yer not really something some one would really want in a man cave as a feature item.

Back in the 80s Their was Australia's only coke museum located in a small town called Auburn is country SA owned by an ex Coke long time employee called "Mal" (of course).

Mal had a mind boggling amount of Coke stuff collected over decades including several Vendo Coke machines. He decided one day to sell the whole lot, so some other private Coke collector surfaced & bought his collection. Combined with his own large collection opened Australia's largest coke museum in Port Adelaide in the 90s.

That lasted a few years then closed in 1999. When the museum closed down their was a well marketed auction for the entire contents complete with a nice glossy catalogue & media exposure.

The vendo Coke machines were sold at the auction. Same ones Mal had all those years ago, It's interesting that Coke would have known Mal had the machines, the Port Adelaide owner that then subsequently acquired them & finally must have known about the public Coke memorabilia auction with these machines included for public sale, but yet no interest in trying to repossess the machines which they technically still own?

I'm not saying for one minute Coke don't actively seek out & repossess machines, I believe they do after what I have read here, but it's interesting they didn't in this scenario.

you talking about the regular dixie narco machine?

If so yer they dont really have much character, they are good machines though, great for doing what they do as far as making money, but yer not really something some one would really want in a man cave as a feature item.

Yeah the Dixie Narco, but also the plain window Coke machines which grabs the bottle from a shelf and drops it into the chute. Frankly the machines just get worse and worse from an aesthetic standpoint. Coke can strip those machines for spare parts and crush the rest to their hearts content.

Back in the 80s Their was Australia's only coke museum located in a small town called Auburn is country SA owned by an ex Coke long time employee called "Mal" (of course).

Mal had a mind boggling amount of Coke stuff collected over decades including several Vendo Coke machines. He decided one day to sell the whole lot, so some other private Coke collector surfaced & bought his collection. Combined with his own large collection opened Australia's largest coke museum in Port Adelaide in the 90s.

That lasted a few years then closed in 1999. When the museum closed down their was a well marketed auction for the entire contents complete with a nice glossy catalogue & media exposure.

The vendo Coke machines were sold at the auction. Same ones Mal had all those years ago, It's interesting that Coke would have known Mal had the machines, the Port Adelaide owner that then subsequently acquired them & finally must have known about the public Coke memorabilia auction with these machines included for public sale, but yet no interest in trying to repossess the machines which they technically still own?

This is what I have been saying. Coke doesn't seem to be consistent when it comes to this. Also, machines have been sold and resold for years online, and this hasn't been raised like the whole vintage pokies machine issue has.

And again, most of these machines were saved by Coke employees, and I don't think they were smuggling them out in the boot of their Toranas, Geminis, and Celicas etc. The first Coke machines I ever tried to buy was a Vendo 63, and the guy who was selling it got it from his Uncle, who used to work at Coke.

The 2nd machine I ever saw was a Vendo 56 like mine, and the guy who had it bought it from a retired Coke employee in the Adelaide Hills. This stayed the same for most of the machines I ever tried to buy, machines being rescued or converted into standard fridges by Coke employees.

never heard of one being taken back. there are so many out there. surely coke sold them off.

better they are out there being enjoyed.

have had a fair few over the years. they just rock.

I had heard before now that Coke would either strip them of Coin mechs and vending components, and then they would get scrapped or converted into fridges. I also knew employees had rescued complete machines. I just never knew that Coke didn't sanction that.

What models have you owned illawarra_steelers?

I'm not saying for one minute Coke don't actively seek out & repossess machines, I believe they do after what I have read here, but it's interesting they didn't in this scenario.

I wonder if they were allowed by coke and were given permission for these particular machines? Might have been organized For a Museum purpose with coke.

I guess we will never know.

most of these machines were saved by Coke employees, and I don't think they were smuggling them out in the boot of their Toranas, Geminis, and Celicas etc. The first Coke machines I ever tried to buy was a Vendo 63, and the guy who was selling it got it from his Uncle, who used to work at Coke.

Yer

If I was to have a guess, My guess would be an employee wanting a new beer fridge knowing of an old machine that was destined for the scrap heap after picking it up from location in the coke vending truck, Just happened to make a quick stop home on the way to depot,lol

It seems like it is something that must have happened often because as there are allot of them around.