Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

gottlieb lawman 2 player em 1971

It was excellent to spend time with Trev today and we did have some successes but time got away..I thought it was about 4pm not 7pm but time flys when your having fun I guess.

Trev liked a few of my "tech tricks" like stripping wire with the thumb nail and his laughter was addictive I will say.

Problems with the machine were basically hacks done by others and out of timing issues are what it has now that only more time will fix.

24volt absent from the front door was proven by linking between the right flipper button, (while machine was in game mode), to the common 24v buss in the front door.

This link in place and the the front door credit button works, Check continuity from the start relay, though two motor contacts, a contact on a relay ( can't remember which one now), through the door slam switch to the credit switch and it shows fine however not able to carry enough power to pull the relay in from the button button when powered up.

Anyway nothing more time won't fix and when Trev has some more time vacant, I'll come around again and get this piece running correctly.

She is actually a nice piece and once done will last another 30 years I would say.

So when you have some more time give me a call Trev.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

IT'S FINALLY FINISHED :) :041:

1133607128_2018-08-1814_09_24.thumb.jpg.30e06bd12d9b41fd4ccf24d60479eb7f.jpg

883868564_2018-08-1814_13_12.thumb.jpg.54d221dbf532b2dc9e3498a6351278db.jpg

977361259_2018-08-1814_09_50.thumb.jpg.24f857ac8b797275771851e63577f159.jpg

I only have to get the ball count light divider and the score cards and that's it.

Thanks for all the help along the way, it's been a long time restoring this one and I have learnt a lot.

There are original parts left like the apron and the chrome parts, but all the rest is new.

There is cupping on the inserts but not much I can do about that since the playfield has Mylar, I just raised the back legs a bit and you don't even notice.

I also managed to get some score reels, from a Lawman parts pin as fate would have it.

One last curve ball it gave me today was the playfield glass.

I had a nice sheet ready to replace the original one, but it didn't fit as the original one is slightly shorter ?

But all good, I just cleaned it up as best I could and it looks fine.

I have been having a few games and it's a challenging game and I have only managed to clock it once so far.

I have made a few minor adjustments here and there but the thing I didn't notice before is that I have the wrong top apron.

1490210454_2018-08-2008_44_07.thumb.jpg.339e6fb090d7a2f685943d47e04275f6.jpg

The ball stop on the right side is too low and the ball got stuck. I'm looking into how to fix that now?

Just a quick note.

I was originally thinking about selling this pin after I finished the restore as I had no room for it and wasn't sure if I liked it, I even had a few people already wanting to buy it, but after playing it for a few days I'm really enjoying it. So I have changed my mind on selling it and it's going to be a keeper for now.

I was also worried that the flippers would be too weak because it was originally hacked to use DC, but after my rebuild of the flippers with all new parts, they are nice and strong and I'm having no problems hitting the shots.

It's like a new pin day and I'm a happy camper :)