Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Picked up today while on a quick visit to the Goldcoast.

IBM 5155 portable computer in its original carry bag. It's basically an XT in a case with a 9" orange monochrome crt. This one has a hdd and a fdd. Untested until I get home. I decided not to test it in the hotel room. I was a bit worried that we'd get evacuated if one of the caps blew when I turned it on.

The other computer I picked up today is an unbuilt TEC-1 Talking Electronics Computer from Colin Mitchell's Talking Electronics magazine. This is a version one board the other one I have is a version 4. I also picked up 180 electronics magazines, mostly Silicon Chip mags but a few Electronics Australia and ETI thrown in for good luck. I'm trying to gather a full set of each. Off tomorrow to look for some more then back home on Wednesday.

Cheers Trevadaba6e32d81f24f489daacad084f4fd.jpg3d456742a7fa3bd73ae2f0712cbf942b.jpg521e017d1262aa2d1d2d10e3341824fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leaving work seen a kerbside pickup pile. At back of it see a yellow keyboard and heaps of cords in a bag

Grab it as looks interesting and got home around the corner

Smelly from rats living in bottom of bag but might still clean up ok maybe

Ill door knock and ask anymore pc stuff tommorow as live diagonally behind my house lol

Leaving work seen a kerbside pickup pile. At back of it see a yellow keyboard and heaps of cords in a bag

Grab it as looks interesting and got home around the corner

Smelly from rats living in bottom of bag but might still clean up ok maybe

Ill door knock and ask anymore pc stuff tommorow as live diagonally behind my house lol

Nice find. Are they //c drives?

Retro? Check.

Handheld? Check.

Console? It takes PCMCIA cards, and they're kinda like cartridges.. so Check.

Found this nifty little Casio Cassiopeia A-11 in my travels yesterday and couldn't leave it behind. Goal is to get it BBS'ing at the very minimum, for no other reason than "because I can".

DYiYXIEVMAEkZWF.jpg.b5c901230c502262c22d06afab0c9076.jpg

Retro? Check.

Handheld? Check.

Console? It takes PCMCIA cards, and they're kinda like cartridges.. so Check.

Found this nifty little Casio Cassiopeia A-11 in my travels yesterday and couldn't leave it behind. Goal is to get it BBS'ing at the very minimum, for no other reason than "because I can".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125726[/ATTACH]

Speaking of Casio gear. I picked this up on the Qld trip too. Brand spanking new in the box.[emoji16]7a20c24c9f94ec92a37ca1c462667295.jpg

That is in really nice looking shape Trev!
Yeah it's just a pity it doesn't work.[emoji53]

I'm getting 240v into the transformer but nothing coming out.

If all it needs is a transformer it'll be an easy fix if I can find a replacement.

Another computer I picked up on our recent visit to the Goldcoast was a VIC-20 I didn't post it here as I thought it would end up as a parts donor seeing it was so rough. I forgot to get a pic before I started on it but here's the case after cleaning and then a pic of it assembled. I had a few hiccups with this along the way but it's all sorted now.

Just don't put VIC chips in backwards and make sure you solder all the legs on the ic sockets for your rom chips. It's not always smooth sailing.[emoji16]

I'm still waiting on some adapter boards so I can replace the 2364 character rom with a 2764 eprom as the computer still isn't working 100%.

bd7e92f93bfa0e4cce4c6cfb003fbe1f.jpg93121eea8a17dd4c3f804440326a4073.jpg

It's called retrobriting you use this stuff

12f57b96497d458589414790a8c6df09.jpg give the item a good coating of it, then wrap it in Glad wrap and leave it in the sun. Don't put it out on a really hot day though it just needs a bit of uv light. Just make sure it doesn't dry out too and make sure you thoroughly wash the item before doing it.

It's called retrobriting you use this stuff

12f57b96497d458589414790a8c6df09.jpg give the item a good coating of it, then wrap it in Glad wrap and leave it in the sun. Don't put it out on a really hot day though it just needs a bit of uv light. Just make sure it doesn't dry out too and make sure you thoroughly wash the item before doing it.

Does it need to be 9% one? Cheers!

I don't think so but this works for me.[emoji6]

There are lots of different methods for doing it.

I made some retrobright previously, wasn't happy with the results as it mades the SNES units brittle, but I'll give this a shot on the Amigas ;)