Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Playfield - Small chip repair - direction please

Hi Pinners,

I have a Stern Indiana Jones, its in very good condition however just recently a small chip has appeared. I check to see if maybe I have screwed something from the bottom side but their is nothing there.

Researching the forums I can see heap of full playfield restoration but no small fix's.

My question is do I need to do a full strip down of the playfield and clear coat or does a easier fix exist?

The area is located around the base of the 4 ball drop from the ark so it does see some action.

Could someone point me in the right direct or approch please?

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

IMG_2869.thumb.jpg.976f443273996f1f2962d7853ce52fc0.jpg

Pretty small chip, If I was doing it I'd make up a small bit of epoxy glue, dab it in with a tooth pick, after it's dry cut it flush with a new razor blade & a dab of black gloss paint to finish. It will only bother you because you know it's there.

Yep. I would do exactly as suggested above. Do that, and you will be the only person ever to notice it. Put a small mylar patch over it to ensure no further damage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
The uv glue and uv light sounds much better than my super dooper industrial super glue that I used to reapply a tiny amount of insert artwork that came away on my MM. Very early in the repair I figured that my thumb was actually not part of the playfield and needed to be removed all be it a little too late!