Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVII - Game 2 ~ Bank Panic (closes 30-Sep)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1591904388_SMK_bankp_267700_wolf106.png.3fc71caf3710df5273223e1e28113107.png

Would have put my initials in, but was p!ssed off thinking I fell short of my pb when in fact I had actually beaten it by like 7k. Lol. Can break 200k almost every game now, but can't seem to crack 300k.

2 questions.

1. What is the number under the cuckoo clock represent (0:05 for example) that seems to keep changing throughout the stage? Each number represents 1k bonus at the end of the stage.

2. Is there a strategy for getting the 5k bonuses, or are they random?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135946[/ATTACH]

Would have put my initials in, but was p!ssed off thinking I fell short of my pb when in fact I had actually beaten it by like 7k. Lol. Can break 200k almost every game now, but can't seem to crack 300k.

2 questions.

1. What is the number under the cuckoo clock represent (0:05 for example) that seems to keep changing throughout the stage? Each number represents 1k bonus at the end of the stage.

not sure if it's too early for tips so I'll answer carefully :D (as this is just basic game info anyway)

Number under the clock is the average time of your kills, shoot too early i.e. "unfair" doesn't count.

as for the 5k bonus i'll just say no and it may or may not be related to your earlier question :cool: but i'm sure as more tips come out over the next few days it will get clearer...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135946[/ATTACH]

2 questions.

5k bonus (i.e. EXTRA). I believe only comes from the masked bandits. Sometimes you'll see 2 and 3k bonuses for 0:00 and its not luck. Pay attention to when the enemy grabs their holster. That's when (roughly) the clock starts for extra and more points. Its a big timing thing in the later levels.

Here are some tips I posted in MGL29:

About the "Fair Bonus"

This game follows the traditional Western "duel" rules: you can't shoot an outlaw until he draws his gun (something like that, anyway)

Depending on the colour of the baddie, you'll get a differing amount of points depending on when you shoot him.

The ideal strategy is shooting the outlaw at the exact moment he draws his gun. This timing differs each round, getting faster as rounds progress. Its super slow on the first round

Shooting a blue outlaw at 0:00 will net you 2000 points

A green will give you 3000 and,

a red will give you 5000 points AND an EXTRA letter

However, the BOSS OUTLAW that you have to shoot twice will NOT give you an EXTRA letter.

When you shoot an outlaw a bit late (between 0:01 and when they shoot you, unsure of the exact times), you'll get a decent amount of points. When you shoot him before he draws, you'll get "UNFAIR" bonus and only receive 100 points. As you can imagine, this can account for a massive chunk of points.

Basic tips:

Milk the doors in the early rounds; run down the clock, collecting multiple bags from a few of the same doors. After 5 bags you'll start getting 1000 points per money bag on each door. Big points in the early rounds.

Don't be fooled by the little midgets with the hats! They are only there to distract you. Early rounds they are OK, but later on you'll have multiple doors opening at once. Concentrating on shooting the hats will get you killed

The guy WITHOUT a mustache will NEVER be a hostage. He will always have a money bag. When he appears, concentrate on the other doors. This is 100% safe.

If a good guy with a rope around him appears, shoot him once to destroy the rope. If you wait, an outlaw will appear. Shooting the rope will cause the good guy to drop 3 bags for 1k points each.

If a bomb appears, go immediately to that bomb as quick as you can. While finishing off the doors you are currently on, hold left or right. This will move you away as soon as possible. When theres a bomb you want to shoot outlaws as quick as possible, NEVER shoot the hats and if you're really pressed for time, don't shoot the chain and wait for the outlaw to appear.

You can shoot bombs while you are still scrolling the doors. This can be useful if you don't want to waste any extra time or don't want to open the doors near the bomb.

A late-round strategy for the bomb: Stop on the doors where the bomb is active. WAIT for the other two doors to open, deal with those doors and THEN shoot the bomb. This causes the timing of the doors to be out, meaning they won't all open at once. This is something you want to desperately avoid. - This is no longer relevant. I worked out that there is ALWAYS a positive encounter (not an outlaw) after you shoot the bomb off the door.

Some other info:

If you can, don't go to three doors at once that have someone behind them. This is pretty much impossible to avoid later on, but the first half dozen or so rounds you can pick and choose your doors to make it easier. Dealing with 2 scenarios versus 3 at once can be a game changer.

When a money bag flashes and disappears, a red outlaw will ALWAYS appear behind that door, holding the money bag he stole. However, the midget with hats can appear before him, but a red outlaw will always appear straight after. Keep this in mind. It is a great way to finish a round quickly if you only need that last money bag.

When you get to round 6 and onwards its better just to finish levels as quick as possible. Also start shooting outlaws as soon as you see them. The fair timer will be quick enough that you should be getting bonus points just by reacting, instead of trying to time it.

The absolute key to this game is being able to recognise immediately what you are dealing with when a door opens. Playing it enough will ensure you can instantly recognise an outlaw versus a good guy.

In addition, recognising which doors you don't have to worry about when they open. E.g. as soon as you see a good guy without a mustache, you know you can look at the other two doors. If the midget with the hats appears, concentrate on the other doors.

Pessimeister: 166, 400

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136107[/ATTACH]

Struggling to make any big leaps at this stage; bit too trigger happy I think. It's as if I'm playing like a crazy version of the cowboy from Accolade's "Law of the West" . :) I'll try some more over the term break.

I forgot about Law of the West! What a great memory - thanks for mentioning!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade