Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [COMPLETED]

Finally got to the goal stage, but only made it about 80% of the way through. Didn't beat my 210K score, was concentrating on just getting further.

Could be a coincidence, but I just cleaned my monitor - could it have been all the crud that was on the monitor was holding me back? :lol My god there are a lot of oil spills on the last stage

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

road0001.png.2608c4e531abfcee7c9e741adcdc9691.png

Finally made it to the goal :038:

Uploading this from Macca's Free Wi-Fi. Forgot to make sure my mobile internet worked leaving home - and of course it needs Win 7 drivers - so here I am, sitting outside Macca's trying to download a 28.7Mb driver which is going to take another 40 minutes :headbuttwall:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47592[/ATTACH]

Finally made it to the goal :038:

Uploading this from Macca's Free Wi-Fi. Forgot to make sure my mobile internet worked leaving home - and of course it needs Win 7 drivers - so here I am, sitting outside Macca's trying to download a 28.7Mb driver which is going to take another 40 minutes :headbuttwall:

:lol

I hope you got fries with those drivers.

57,750 looks like I've got some driving to do, but a good game that I've not seen before.

What do the jets do?

3,000 bonus points, as do the speeding train and Konami Man - they come out as a bonus for good driving :)

I find it amusing that this car can do 400 clicks, yet if it hits a bit of water it slows down to a virtual stop immediately - bit of a car design flaw there :lol It would also appear that the computer cars are controlled by Brisbane Taxi drivers - they just change lanes without warning or without considering the safety of other cars on the road :rolleyes

Some clarification needed regarding the DIPs, I'm running MAME 0.144 and I have these options ->

Number of Opponents - Few - Normal - Many - Great Many

Speed Of Opponents - Slow - Fast

Fuel Consumption - Slow - Normal - Fast - Very Fast

I assume Easy means Few, Slow, Slow?

Could someone confirm the dips for me - when I set the fuel consumption to slow, it doesn't go down at all and I'm wondering if there's a bug in my MAME version (0.14x from memory).

Could someone confirm the dips for me - when I set the fuel consumption to slow, it doesn't go down at all and I'm wondering if there's a bug in my MAME version (0.14x from memory).

they are the settings im using. and my fuel definately goes down

- - - Updated - - -

0009.png.500c587fd4512be63d763565f67e21ab.png

I think Few - Fast - Slow is the same as Easy - Easy - Easy, for some reason the Speed Of Opponemts is opposite so Fast is slower than Slow. Fuel works the same for me in 0.144 as 0.106.

Looks like this is just one of those games where the DIP switches were wrong in earlier versions of Mame and later corrected (Mario Bros. is another one). Not much that can be done about games like this because everyone is probably running slightly different versions of Mame.

KLOV doesn't make mention of Mame emulation, so there was no note there that the DIPs were different, so without going through the complete MameDev log it's a bit hard to confirm what the DIP switches should be. If anyone has a better suggestion for future games, I'm all ears :)

My latest scores were made using WolfMame .106 using the easy, easy, easy settings.

I haven't been able to tell the difference when changing the DIPs. Some elements of this game are getting a bit annoying. I don't understand why every now and then I'll start a level and it'll only give me a 1/4 tank of fuel. It really sucks when I've been doing well and not crashing. Also, what's the best way to use the buttons? I've generally been holding down button 1 the whole time and pressing button 2 on and off to control speed. Is this what you guys are doing or should I be using one button at a time?

I don't understand why every now and then I'll start a level and it'll only give me a 1/4 tank of fuel. It really sucks when I've been doing well and not crashing. Also, what's the best way to use the buttons? I've generally been holding down button 1 the whole time and pressing button 2 on and off to control speed. Is this what you guys are doing or should I be using one button at a time?

I've noticed that too with the fuel and haven't worked out why this is... yet. Maybe someone else has figured it out.

I pretty much just use one button at a time, low gear until it's at about 75% throttle and then change to high gear and pretty much just use that on and off to slow myself down unless I spin out or crash in which case it's back to gear 1.

I've noticed that too with the fuel and haven't worked out why this is... yet. Maybe someone else has figured it out.

I pretty much just use one button at a time, low gear until it's at about 75% throttle and then change to high gear and pretty much just use that on and off to slow myself down unless I spin out or crash in which case it's back to gear 1.

You are rewarded fuel per the amount of cars you pass at the end of each section, ie the more cars you pass the more fuel you are rewarded.

You are rewarded fuel per the amount of cars you pass at the end of each section, ie the more cars you pass the more fuel you are rewarded.

I didn't realize that, but it sounds fair.....and yes John I use one button at a time, looking at the revs, and no buttons as the brake, I don't have any real tactics and have only played in the arcade not practiced on mame or youtube. It's just a game you get a feel for, that's why it's good, and people are catching my score, I hope they beat me and enjoy the challenge :) I probably wont find time to play again.

PS... smashed em at MTB racing, awesome :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47640[/ATTACH]

long road ahead for me on this one!

Try slowing right down, get up to top speed in 1st gear and then just on and off with top gear. Concentrate on not crashing and not missing any of the rainbow/fuel cars and you should beat that score by the end of the 3rd stage.

- - - Updated - - -

@John73 you might need to check the score in post 65 and update the leader board :b

Just keeping you on your feet :p

Let this be a lesson to all - I will miss the occasional score, please let me know if I miss your score or if you notice me miss someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

I've now made it to the goal twice in one game :) Didn't beat my score because I crashed too much and missed out on the big bonus points for fuel cars - Glad I didn't beat my score because there was about a 12hr pause during the game due to work getting in the way of my game play :( Looking forward to giving this a few more shots before Sunday night.

And Casperthefriendly..... where is your score? Thanks for this nomination, a great game - and much like Turtles, after the first 30 mins of this game I thought "this is crap" :lol

And Casperthefriendly..... where is your score? Thanks for this nomination, a great game - and much like Turtles, after the first 30 mins of this game I thought "this is crap" :lol

I'm still struggling to get the dips right - for some reason on current my set up with the dip as per earlier posts, fuel doesn't go down at all. Just left it for 20 mins to check and definitely no fuel loss. I'm going to try a different version of mame and see what happens - god knows what version I'm running at the moment!

Once I've worked out what's going on at my end, I'll post a score up.

It's a bit of a sleeper this one - better with the factory dips IMHO. Getting to the end is a real challenge and you need to be clean AND fast just to qualify.

Definitely got the "just one more go" about it...

Try slowing right down, get up to top speed in 1st gear and then just on and off with top gear. Concentrate on not crashing and not missing any of the rainbow/fuel cars and you should beat that score by the end of the 3rd stage.

err... ta for the tips John!

road0005.png.1acecc33dd31151497771131618949bb.png road0006.png.e8ababae99579d4f564832d73af73245.png

bad news is, i'm going away so no more time for me on this one.

or is that good news?