Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL28 - Game 4 ~ Lasso ~ [FINISHED]

Well I better put up an updated Lasso scoreboard before a very big weekend of gaming starts ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Lasso2_zps5i5jjn8m.png

I haven't seen so many gamers on horseys down the straight since the Marx Bros in "A Day at the Races" ... and in particular me trying to work out which of you guys will finish in the top 10 ...

Well maybe these tips might help ...

:)

• Administrators

First game I've played in a few years and I used my 8 way instead of the 4 way. Not bad but my first games backs seem to always be good then downhill from there.

Brad

lasso-brad-206700.png.76d98bcdbe1e586165a7474c1a2973c2.png

Wow there are some massive scores coming in on this while I'm really dragging my spurs.

Here is an old favourite song of mine to get us all going, check the cameo of Lemmy from Motorhead (RIP)

Colide with animals at the beginning to end demo mode quickly

You should lasso the animals on the demo screen.

You get 2700 points and that score carries over into round 1.

As @OOO would say every point counts!

If I had an extra 2700 points last game then I would have moved up one spot.

Keep movin', movin', movin'

Though they're disaprovin'

Keep them doggies movin',

Rawhide

Don't try to understand 'em

Just rope, throw, and brand 'em

Soon we'll be livin' high and wide

You should lasso the animals on the demo screen.

You get 2700 points and that score carries over into round 1.

This is also a multiplier. If you lasso all three in the "warmup" round, not only do you receive 2,700 points, but all point values are now tripled. It's nearly impossible to miss all three in the time allowed, though if you manage to only get two, you will get 2* all base points rather than the maximum of 3*.

In other words, your 1,500 point wolf will now become 4,500 points. All points in the game thereafter the warmup are tripled.

If you've turned to warmup off in the dip settings, be sure and get it back on. While it's irritating to warmup each game, it's really important to your score!

This is also a multiplier. If you lasso all three in the "warmup" round, not only do you receive 2,700 points, but all point values are now tripled. It's nearly impossible to miss all three in the time allowed, though if you manage to only get two, you will get 2* all base points rather than the maximum of 3*.

In other words, your 1,500 point wolf will now become 4,500 points. All points in the game thereafter the warmup are tripled.

If you've turned to warmup off in the dip settings, be sure and get it back on. While it's irritating to warmup each game, it's really important to your score!

I get a feeling we are going to see some scores rise very quickly!

Yeeha!

Thanks @magrinder for this tip ... DID EVERYONE READ THIS TIP? ... one of the most important ever on this great game!

Now lasso like you have never lassoed before (if such a word as lassoed exists) ...

Keep movin', movin', movin'

Though they're disaprovin'

Keep them doggies movin',

Rawhide

Thanks also to @bigredbird for the musical inspiration ... roll em with my brothers in shades ... :cool:

:079:

- - - Updated - - -

Bob 91,440

That's a massive jump ... from 11K to 91K ... awesome! ... :038:

lass0000.png.0518d17c965c0a2fe22b767f43a39528.png

I feel like I'm playing on different settings or something. There is no way possible to lasso all three animals in the warm up. Even if I do it perfect, there just isn't enough time. And it doesn't matter what I do in warm up, the scoring is always the same. I get 4,500 for shooting the wolf with the animal every time. I spent a lot of time improving my score just a little on this game so I think I'm pretty much done. Is an interesting game but I'm just not good at it.

- - - Updated - - -

lass0001.png.2fc2f7a1b366215a9211b8eb02d6f986.png

I've been using wolfmame .106 and just fired this game up on Retrouprising which I believe uses .136 and they do not play the same. Not even close. On Retrouprising getting all three animals in warm up is easy. Not possible in .106. Another huge difference I noticed is that when playing on Retrouprising there is only one hole with the lizards that pop out and blow smoke or fire or whatever it is. Level One is way easier. In .106 there are 4 of those on Round 1. I will attach a screenshot to show what I'm talking about. Since there doesn't seem to be any difficulty settings I'm assuming the difference is in emulation. I don't have ability to play any other version of mame right now other than .106 so I guess I'm just at a disadvantage.

• Administrators
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95330[/ATTACH]

I feel like I'm playing on different settings or something. There is no way possible to lasso all three animals in the warm up. Even if I do it perfect, there just isn't enough time. And it doesn't matter what I do in warm up, the scoring is always the same. I get 4,500 for shooting the wolf with the animal every time. I spent a lot of time improving my score just a little on this game so I think I'm pretty much done. Is an interesting game but I'm just not good at it.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95331[/ATTACH]

I've been using wolfmame .106 and just fired this game up on Retrouprising which I believe uses .136 and they do not play the same. Not even close. On Retrouprising getting all three animals in warm up is easy. Not possible in .106. Another huge difference I noticed is that when playing on Retrouprising there is only one hole with the lizards that pop out and blow smoke or fire or whatever it is. Level One is way easier. In .106 there are 4 of those on Round 1. I will attach a screenshot to show what I'm talking about. Since there doesn't seem to be any difficulty settings I'm assuming the difference is in emulation. I don't have ability to play any other version of mame right now other than .106 so I guess I'm just at a disadvantage.

I definitely sounds like Dip Switch settings are different. Are they available in Wolfmame 1.06? From memory they are.

Brad

DB you can download the latest version of MAME from

http://mamedev.org/release.php

If that doesn't work let me know and I can email you .149

I forgot to say something about that. I noticed that too. I switched to .149 but my .106 had the same broken parts yours did. But it was so late I just plain old forgot to mention it.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Edited by Flash IV
Additional info