Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Favorite Arcade Fighting Game (any era)

Favorite Arcade Fighting Game (any era)  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Arcade Fighting Game (any era)

• Street fighter 2 CE
    • King of the Fighters 98
    • Art of Fighting
    • Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
    • Marvel Vs. Capcom
    • Mortal Kombat 2
    • World Heroes
    • Fighting Fantasy/hippodome
    • Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    • Capcom vs SNK 2
    • Dead or Alive
    • Boxing Atari 2600
    • Internation Karate +
    • Darkstalkers
    • Karate Champ
    • Soul Calibur
    • The Last Blade 2
    • Samurai Shodown 2
    • Tekken 2
    • Street Fighter 2
    • Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
    • Street Fighter 3 - 3S
    • Pocket Fighter
    • Yie Ar Kung-Fu
    • Samurai Showdown
    • Mortal Kombat
    • The Last Blade
    • Killer Instinct
    • King of the Fighters 2002
    • King of the Fighters XI
    • JOJO 2
    • Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted for MK.

Countless hours spent on that one. It's funny, Gorro was near impossible to beat, until you finally beat him. Then every time after he was a walk in the park.

I always played as sub zero. We you came across someone who was skilled at Raiden you really had your work cut out for you.

SUB ZERO WINS!!!

Bloody hard choice for me, between Street Fighter 2 - Hyper Fighting and Marvel vs CAPCOM.

Street Fighter 2 - Hyper Fighting was the ultimate release of the Street Fighter 2 series (not counting Super etc on CPS2, they were a bit of a ring-in really). It's the version that took the best elements of the genuine boards and the bootleg editions (speed ups, air special moves etc), and just a really well flowing and challenging game.

Marvel vs CAPCOM to me is what a fighting game should be - fun, it has lots of recognisable characters, gorgeous animation, and is just a blast to play.

I had chose Street Fighter 2 - Hyper Fighting, but then as I hovered over the vote button decided to change it to Marvel vs CAPCOM. In the end I thought about it, and in all honesty if I'm thinking about having a quick bash when I'm standing looking at my PCB's I'll tend to go for the Marvel vs CAPCOM for a quick game.

Very difficult to pick just one.

I ended up voting SF2 Hyper Fighting. It's probably not my favourite right now, but I spent more time on that game than anything else ever (across all genres of gaming). So it gets voted for "biggest impact on my life at the time it was around". :)

I still give it a bash every now and then. And I'll always challenge someone in an arcade if I see it around. Nothing more satisfying than a fat, balding, white guy beating a bunch of snot-nosed Asian school kids at a game they think they own. :)

Despite my nominations, I voted Art of fighting.

When I was young and I saw it in the arcade, it blew my mind. A few years later, I got the SNES port by takara (which I still have) and it totally did the job back then. Today, it still takes up a slot in my cab and gets a lot of play :D

MK2 for me.

For some reason I always thought of MK v SF like Ford v Holden. You like one or the other. Don't know why:unsure

A few others there worthy of my vote, but MK2 on arcade and then Mega Drive at home - many many hours wasted there. Still have it on the MD.

i chose WH

when used to live in rockingham back in 91 we used to come to bunbury to visit grandparents go across the bowling alley and have go on WH

but in my later years MK2 appeared in collie so when i lived there it was a 8km ride on a bmx bike in bush back tracks

30 mins ride 1 min game and 30 back sometimes a hr if we stopped at the tip

ahh memories

Soul Calibur

Fighting games are a bit of fun for me but I was never really into them as I was other games but I spent alot of time playing SOul Calibur on the dreamcast, amazing graphics, amazing characters and good kick ass fun

• 2 weeks later...

Voted for Street Fighter 2 CE for the amount of time spent playing it, never got into Hyper Fighting in the arcade will have to put some time into it one of these days as its always mentioned as the best SF2 version.

For home consoling though, the C64's Barbarian (1987) nice graphics, sound and a suprising number of moves for the time and system. Throw in a bit of humour and the ability to cut my brother's head off and this game gave me many many hours of fun :D.

• 3 months later...
I couldn't decide what was worthy of my vote for this poll. Although the early beginnings were MK (i remember clocking that with all the characters, sublime feeling back in the day) later it developed into SF, but that was all distorted with the endless hack versions that came out, although SF3 changed my later perception of the SF series. IMO SFEX2 was the very best SF, but that's just my opinion. The game that changed my gaming was Tekken 3, by far, again IMO, the cream of the crop. Wish that was up there.

I'm not a Fighter fan ... BUT .. have fond memories of Yie Ar Kung Fu. Classic game. Remember playing it back in the day @ Perth's Undergound 'Split Second'

Still gr8 to play on mame occassionly. All in the timing :cool:

• 1 month later...