Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[Melbourne] Chaos in Melbourne City - Flip Frenzy and Aus First Heads up!

Ok, Here are the objectives for the Heads up Tournament. If you are not playing in it please ignore!

Its a long read, If anyone doesn't understand anything please let me know! If you need me to explain the goals better I am happy to make some videos etc.

Round 1: 16 players

Round 2: 8 Players

Round 3: 4 Players

Round 4: 4 Players - 3 Vs 4, and 1 Vs 2 Finals

-------------------------------------

Heads up Rules and Challenges

- All Machines will be set to 5 ball play so you can use strategic draining to get to your goal faster

- All machines will have extra balls turned off but besides that they will have default game settings

- You are not allow to restart the game before all 5 balls have been 'played'. If you do not reach your challenge after 5 balls you

are allowed to start another game.

Players will be randomly assigned on 1 of the 2 titles to play their best-of-3 match.

The higher seeded player will have choice of which MACHINE (out of the 2 same games) and CHALLENGE for Game #1 .

The loser of Game #1 will have the choice of CHALLENGE and MACHINE for Game #2 .

If necessary, the loser of Game #2 will have the choice of CHALLENGE and MACHINE for Game #3 .

Each game will have 5 official Challenges to choose from .

5 challenges to choose from will be available for the 16 player bracket, and the 8 player bracket.

2 or 3 harder objectives will be available for the 4 player brackets onward to encourage those that think they have higher skill to take a risk with a harder objective. 2 easier objective will be eliminated. See below for details

The same Challenge cannot be picked more than once by the same person in the same best of 3 match.

It is possible for both players to pick the same Challenge in the same match if given the choice.

Because of the simultaneous play within these matches, both players need to “stop” play should a stuck ball,

malfunction or ruling occur. Should this happen to Player A, Player B should immediately trap up until the

situation is remedied for a tournament director. The tournament director will announce when play can resume.

--------------------------------------

Wizard of Oz LE

Available in bracket 16 and 8.

1. Get an extra ball by advancing down the yellow brick road 10 times and shooting the saucer on the right

- The yellow brick road are the yellow shots, they alternative between the orbits (right orbit is easier) and the main ramp shot

2. Start a Crystal ball mode (2 x Scoring)

- Hit the 4 x targets next to the crystal ball (B-A-L-L targets)

- Hit the crystal ball spinner to start 2x scoring

3. Start Rescue Multiball

- Hit the 2 x monkey targets next to the pops (right orbit feeds the pops)

- Hit the left or right orbit for the monkey to lock ball 1

- Get the ball into the castle by hitting the left shot up the middle.

- Spell R-E-S-C-U-E by hitting the targets

- The arrow pointing to the door will turn YELLOW. Hit the door 3 times to open it and load the ball in

- If you accidentally hit 'search' lane before getting the ball inside the door then you will need to spell RESCUE again before bashing down the door

4. Start a Munchkin mode

- Hit ALL the Rainbow targets

- Hit main ramp and orbit the ball around the house enough times

- The screen will tell you how many, then let the ball drop down the hole for the mode to start

- If the ball drops down before completing all the loops you have 10 seconds to get the ball back up there before you have to hit all the rainbow targets to start again.

5. 2 minute Drill (most points after 2 minutes)

Anytime the “Two Minute Drill” is chosen as a challenge, players must take their hands off the game at that time. The final score will be determined after all balls on the playfield drain, and end of ball bonus is calculated for that current ball in play when the time limit was hit. Should a player finish a complete game in under two minutes, they can stand with their current score or restart a new game and take the score of the new game when time expires.

Available in bracket 4 and onward.

1. Advance down the yellow brick road 20 times

- The yellow brick road are the yellow shots, they alternative between the orbits (right orbit is easier) and the main ramp shot

2. Start Rescue Multiball

(see Above)

3. Start a Crystal ball mode (2 x Scoring)

(See above)

4. Start a Munchkin mode

(See above)

5. 4 minute drill (most points after 4 minutes)

----------------------------------------

Star Trek LE

Available in bracket 16 and 8.

1. Complete 3 missions in a ROW or COLUMN.

- Generally you want to avoid multiball, extending time (by hitting stand ups and then black hole target), and in most cases AWAY missions

- Each mode starts with a 30 second timer. You cannot time out modes as if you do not hit any switches after 3 or 4 seconds the timer will stop.

- If you complete all mission shots before the 30 second timer is over you can advance to the next mission

- New mission are available at the left scoop, under the right flipper or when a new ball is started (unless you have vengeance mode ready)

2. Collect an extra ball after hitting warp 4

- Hit the side ramp 4 times, and then shoot up the middle for an extra ball

3. Start Klingon multiball

- Hit the 3 green targets in the side/middle of the playfield. The first time you hit the row of 3 you will have 2 x locks available. One up the middle, and one at the left scoop.

- When you hit the 3 x targets again the 3rd lock will be available and when you hit it Klingon multiball will start

4. Get awarded a gold Medal

- Complete all objectives in a mission before the timer runs out

- Most Level 1 missions have 9 shots needed to complete the mode

- You can extend the time by hitting the black hole target after hitting all stand ups

- After you hit your first shot 'away team' under the right flipper will be available. This will allow you to try a different set of rules for the mission which in some cases are easier (it will also extend the time)

5. 2 minute Drill (most points after 2 minutes)

- Anytime the “Two Minute Drill” is chosen as a challenge, players must take their hands off the game at that time. The final score will be determined after all balls on the playfield drain, and end of ball bonus is calculated for that current ball in play when the time limit was hit. Should a player finish a complete game in under two minutes, they can stand with their current score or restart a new game and take the score of the new game when time expires.

Available in bracket 4 and onwards.

1. Start Kobayashi Maru

- Same as objective 1 above but you must complete all 6 layer 1 missions.

- Once you do this you can shoot up the centre to start Kobayashi maru

2. Collect an extra ball after hitting warp 4

(See above)

3. Get a super Jackpot in Klingon multiball

- As above for getting into Klingon multiball

- all shots will lit for a jackpot and can be hit twice each.

- Once you collect the 6th jackpot the super jackpot will be lit (the 7th jackpot, which will be available any any shot you haven't already hit twice)

4. Get awarded a gold Medal

(See above)

5. 4 minute Drill (most points after 4 minutes)

(See above)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey FYR

I’m likely to be down and might be in.

Just have to organise the road trip dates with Dan to coincide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I got 4 people that are maybes for ff so I'll have to push them for answers tonight and kick some out :)

Also unfortunately dialed in has left the building (don't worry I'm more shattered than you) but will be replaced by another pat Lawler pin for the day so we can keep that same numbers

Ok. I got 4 people that are maybes for ff so I'll have to push them for answers tonight and kick some out :)

Also unfortunately dialed in has left the building (don't worry I'm more shattered than you) but will be replaced by another pat Lawler pin for the day so we can keep that same numbers

I’m not 100% in comp but am trying to line up dates.

So keep me as maybe and as a reserve just in case.

No dialled in?

That’s ok , I’ll just throw nuts at you.

I’m not 100% in comp but am trying to line up dates.

So keep me as maybe and as a reserve just in case.

No dialled in?

That’s ok , I’ll just throw nuts at you.

He's ticklish, that seems to work well:)

[Melbourne] Chaos in Melbourne City - Flip Frenzy and Aus First Heads up!

Ok. I got 4 people that are maybes for ff so I'll have to push them for answers tonight and kick some out [emoji4]

Add a plus 1 for me.

Will bring a newb along.

Comp or not.

(and bag of nuts)

Had a bunch of drop outs due to work etc for FF, and those spots are filled by those people that where on the waiting list.

I realised I had put myself down for a spot in Flip Frenzy!

So there is 1 more spot left if anyone is interested.

All ready for tomorrow. That spot 2 days ago was filled

but 2 people have just dropped out after getting sick.

So 2 spots available in FF for anyone interested.

If you are coming and don't have my address send me a message sooner rather than later.

Yep great day. Will post some pics up later

Results.

Flip frenzy with 38 people

#1 - @RGR

#2 - @nick18121 <-- in his first ever tournament!

#3 - @Dedrok

#4 - John E

#5 - @Martymainframe

Heads up with 16 people

#1 - @Martymainframe

#2 - @Ryza

#3 - @RGR

#4 - @Cursed

Heads up was on twitch.

Part 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213787586

Part 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213793372

You can skip through some bits like when Start Trek needed to be fixed in the middle of a game :)

Big thanks go out to Ryan and Chanel for hosting this comp/meet.

Had a great time and it was nice to see the usuals, also a lot of people that I have seen around the traps before but not at meets.

Fantastic work by Ryan and Marty to supply, setup and run the head to head comp, as most will know I am not a comp person but playing a race against someone is great fun. It was weird though as I have never wished my ball would get OUT of the pops before...:laugh:

While I obviously don't take it seriously, I was happy to take 4th.