Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 15 Nominations - Nominate your games here.

MGL 15 Nominations

Slight change to the MGL this time round, only 8 games will be played. 5 Games can still be nominated per player, but please note that you can not nominate a game from MGL 14 (see below) or a game that has already been nominated by another member.

Nomination Guidelines:

Up to 5 nominations per player.

You can not nominate a game twice or a game that has already been nominated by another member

Games we played in MGL14 cannot be nominated:

Time Pilot

Rygar

Roc 'n Rope

Tutankham

Turtles

Ghosts 'n Goblins

Uniwar S

Bump 'n Jump :cry (can I nominate Burnin' Rubber?)

Elevator Action

Burger Time

Solar Quest

Mr Do!

New players may want to check the rules and FAQ here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showt...ULES-FAQ-s-etc

Most importantly, your nominations must be playable under Mame using standard controls ie 1 Joystick and 1-6 buttons, and be score based suitable for league play. Equally as importantly, please consider the fun factor when nominating a game.

Nominations run until Saturday June 16th. MGL 15 will kick off Sunday June 17th @ 7:00pm AEST.

As games are nominated, this post will be updated - so check back here first to make sure a game you are thinking of nominating hasn't already been suggested.

Good luck getting your game picked :D

NOMINATED GAMES

Amidar

Anteater

Asteroids

Astro Invaders

Black Tiger

Boogie Wings

Bosconian

Bubble Bobble

Chicken Shift

Circus Charlie

City Connection

Contra

Crazy Kong (US Set 1)

Defend The Terra Attack On The Red UFO

Dig Dug

DoDonPachi-Dai-ou-jou

Donkey Kong Jr

Eagle

Flying Shark

Galaga

Galaxy Rescue

Gonbee No I'm Sorry

Grobda

Guzzler

Gyruss

Hyper Olympics

Juno First

Karnov

Klax

Lunar Rescue

Major Havoc

Mario Bros.

Marvin's Maze

Megatack

Metal Slug 3

Mighty! Pang

Mikie

Momoko

Moon Patrol

Mr TNT

Ms Pac-Man

NATO Defense

New Rally X

Noboranka

Omega Race

Pacland (Set 1)

Pac 'n Pal

Pandora's Palace

Pengo

Pepper 2

Pitfall II

Pleaids

Pooyan

Punch-Out!

Q*Bert

Raiden

Rastan Saga

River Patrol

Robokid

R-Type

Scramble

Sky Soldiers

Snow Bros.

Solomons Key

Space Chaser

Space Invaders Pt2

Street Fighter 2 CE

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Oceania 2 Player)

Timber

Time Pilot '84

Tinkle Pit

Triple Punch

Turbo

Valtric

vs Super Mario Bros.

vs Clu Clu Land

Wardener

Xain'd Sleena

Edited by John73

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add a couple now, great to see Galaga nominated , itching to clock it again :)

Contra

River Patrol

I'm actually terrible at Galaga but thought it was time to learn how to play it :D

Looks like plenty of unusual games being nominated :cool: Or maybe the arcade where I grew up just didn't have a very good selection :lol

Gonna check out some of these games tonight out of curiosity (after a game of Crazy Kong of course) :D

I've fired up my specially modified guaranteed outcome random game generator :lol and have come up with the following games - all 1st rate offerings and as a bonus I don't think any have been played in MGL before.

Astro Invaders

Anteater

Mr TNT

Triple Punch

NATO Defence (must be played with the samples as they add great humour to the game)

Hey andy, firepower still wont drop his bone :lol:

1. Noboranka

Will fill in the rest when home. Played Noboranka for the first time recently at a mates, seemed pretty fun.

Had a very quick look at a couple of games that I've never heard of. Had a game of Paradora's Palace last night, looks like a good platformer. Just had a couple of games of Marvin's Maze - 3D Pac-Man with a ray gun :cool: Grobda seems difficult :unsure

Hope it isn't cheating having a look at the nominated games? :lol

Hey andy, firepower still wont drop his bone :lol:

:headbuttwall: :p

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Had a game of Pandora's Palace last night, looks like a good platformer.

PP is one of the most addictive games i have ever played, period.

Street Fighter nommed again... ho ho, 6 buttons and away we go ;)

I was actually going to ask about this when it was nominated. I'll leave it in the list until I get more feedback. Believe it or not, I have never played any street fighter games so I wasn't sure if this was a variation of SF that fit in with the MGL format :unsure

Is this a 6 button game? I don't have a six button cab and I'm guessing trying to play it on keyboard would be near impossible.

I am pretty sure it has already been argued time and time again and this particular version was allowed as it has a points system etc.. TG settings would have to be used, as the MAME defaults allow for continues where as TG settings don't.

First controversy of MGL15!!! yay! :P

I am pretty sure it has already been argued time and time again and this particular version was allowed as it has a points system etc.. TG settings would have to be used, as the MAME defaults allow for continues where as TG settings don't.

First controversy of MGL15!!! yay! :P

I think the issue here is going to be the number of buttons required to play. Unless you are a SF fan, chances are you won't have a 6 button cab.

I'm happy to throw this open to everyone else for the remainder of the nomination process - should SF CE be allowed? And which ROM set - looks like I have about 20 ROM sets for this :lol I will as usual be playing MGL on the trusty laptop, so if this game comes up you can pretty much put me down for zero points :)

• Administrators
I think the issue here is going to be the number of buttons required to play. Unless you are a SF fan, chances are you won't have a 6 button cab.

I'm happy to throw this open to everyone else for the remainder of the nomination process - should SF CE be allowed? And which ROM set - looks like I have about 20 ROM sets for this :lol I will as usual be playing MGL on the trusty laptop, so if this game comes up you can pretty much put me down for zero points :)

As an avowed Fighter/Button Mashing hater, despite having 6 button cabs I doubt I'd submit a score on this game. At best I'd have one go and submit whatever feeble attempt I'd made and devote time to whatever other game we currently had running.

Not to discourage anyone from nominating a game, I just wouldn't play it.

Brad