Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 8 ~ Joust ~ [FINISHED]

I'm in the don't get it crowd. Just before it was all over there seemed to be eggs scattered everywhere, but I died?

One week in and I'm far from the right person to handing out tips on this one (nudging Barra for tips) but try collecting those scattered eggs by running over them on the ground or catching them in the air. The board is cleared once everything on the screen has been removed (eggs included).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You like Mr. Do! your argument is invalid

:D

absolutely. should be called 'Mr Do-Do' :)

it's close enough to W2 surely so.... just a couple small ones.....catching eggs before they hit the ground will boost your score bigtime.

always try and use higher ground, and in the early screens, take up position on a high spawn point - the enemies can't spawn there if you are on it, and you will be able to 'direct traffic'a bit and force all the enmies to spawn below you.

don't try and kill the dactyls (unless you are Barra or similar hehe) it's hard and it will just make you lose lives. yes they are worth good points but you'll pay in blood!

Edit: got in a quick game after 1am when the house has gone quiet, out to the garage i slink....

joust.jpg

this is one of my top 3 video games of all time... it's a much better game with 2 simultaneous players - brutal and really fun.

i hope some of you guys that hate it end up getting into it, i thought the same at first but then it really sucked me in. it was way too hard in arcades for me though and a waste of a 20c. only got into this with MAME.

Edited by Jed

Very difficult game to give tips on without expressly telling what to do on each wave, and I'm no Joust pro either; theres a ton of stuff I don't know.

A lot of this game is just getting used to moving the bird around.

Here's a link to a game I played tonight. Had 1 or 2 deaths before 170k so should give you a decent idea of how to play the early waves

http://www.twitch.tv/barranz/v/111282837?t=02h10m43s

Heaps of Joust scores coming in ... here's an update ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Joust3_zpssbkszdjz.png

7 days to go until submissions close for this game ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

- - - Updated - - -

50,350 ... I always liked this game. :)

Nice score, I'll put your score in the update after this one ... you beat me by a few seconds with your post ... :024:

I do ok until it becomes all shadow lords, then I die off pretty quickly. My usual score is around 200-225K. Gotta get some games in on my cab (w/JROK board) :D I did verify the settings last night to make sure they matched the MGL settings (which is same as default)

It's a tough game

- - - Updated - - -

I do ok until it becomes all shadow lords, then I die off pretty quickly. My usual score is around 200-225K. Gotta get some games in on my cab (w/JROK board) :D I did verify the settings last night to make sure they matched the MGL settings (which is same as default)
Edited by creech77