Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Ryza

So why the need to wait to sell your house, or wait for your wife to buy you one, if all the talk of money is irrelevant to you?

Cause I don't have the money at the moment. My point was people are arguing over the value, not whether I can afford it or not. My wording was probably not the best.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man there is a lot of talk in this thread that is just Stern versus JJP.

But I guess the star wars thread was the same and even worse.

Can't wait to play this thing. Hope we get some good time in it at me pinball event next week.

Not sure if this has been posted. Good to see the cannon!

So @RGR do you own any JJP or Stern titles. I don't because I don't like the price of them plain and simple for me, and it's not about if I can afford them either. New Pinball is seeing it's pinnacle climb and will slowly begin to decline due to pricing.

I want to ask Steve Bowden the same question!

Telling everyone to 'get your wallets out', how about you STFU and let us decide.

Bloody comp players wanting the 'home' market to keep their hobby alive...:lol

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Premium product for premium prices. I'd guess the margins per machine aren't huge compared to other consumer products but still require a huge investment up front.

How long has this been in development? 1 year? 2?

If players don't think the value is there don't buy it or buy a lower edition.

Game play is identical between editions so everything else are cosmetic or quality of material differences, for which you need to make your own judgement on if it's worth it.

I think it's a good time for pinball. More choices for new pins. Atleast we have new machines to nit pick at :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Koops

The only Jjp vs Stern comparison that can be done is at the Stern LE level. Stern Le vs JJP entry level. Personally I think Stern are not up to scratch at that level compared to JJP. Stern consistently try to strip out the LE, where as JJP do the opposite. As a home collector that can afford a game over $10k, I want everything JJP put in a game. I get pissed off when Stern take it out and the price goes up.

Obviously no one competes with Stern at the pro level, and that's their bread and butter. Whatever they have to strip from the game to keep it at that price level and still make money is fine.

Jjp are smart not to try and compete with Stern at that level. JJP is a premium product at a premium price. But if you can't justify that price, buy a Stern pro.

I want to ask Steve Bowden the same question!

Telling everyone to 'get your wallets out', how about you STFU and let us decide.

Bloody comp players wanting the 'home' market to keep their hobby alive...:lol

Does this mean I've just black banned myself from being invited to any meet ever again? From now on no more comps.

��l

Does this mean I've just black banned myself from being invited to any meet ever again? From now on no more comps.

��l

No, because you are not 'telling' me to get my wallet out! Or how great it is and so on...

Besides, seems meets are a thing of the past...:unsure

Comps seem to be where its at!

No, because you are not 'telling' me to get my wallet out! Or how great it is and so on...

It's just saying he says for fun. It's means 'this pin isn't shit'

He says heaps of things like 'always be cashing'

Next time that my kids aren't here overnight (extended family has a place down the beach) I'll have a meet. At the moment they're absolute monsters :/ even a tron with subwoofer all on maximum volume can't drown them out.

THIS. GAME. IS. PACKED!

Can’t wait to see this in person. The amount of stuff JJP managed to pack into this game seems pretty special. To think this is only their 4th game, is damn impressive. I’m really looking forward to what they bring to the table in the years to come.

Looks really good thank god we can get away from that dialled in now with something decent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dialed in is probably the best game thats shipped in years. Have people that make these statements spent any quality time with the game? I think not.

I feel like I'm still reading the pinside thread from 365 days ago where people were saying 'omg it's a game about mobile phones!'

Mike a private meet beats a comp any day of the week, problem with comps is the willy wanka factor, the "hey i can hear you talk", "can you step over there, I can see you in my peripheral vision, the bulshit tanking of games so mates can compete against each other, swearning and screaming and so it goes. I like the social aspect of a flip frenzy but comps aren't something i'm overly keen on. So let's keep the meets going and enjoy each other's company because we can at least have a laugh while playing each other.

I feel like I'm still reading the pinside thread from 365 days ago where people were saying 'omg it's a game about mobile phones!'

You mean to say it isn't?

Haha, I jokes I jokes...

Mike a private meet beats a comp any day of the week, problem with comps is the willy wanka factor, the "hey i can hear you talk", "can you step over there, I can see you in my peripheral vision, the bulshit tanking of games so mates can compete against each other, swearning and screaming and so it goes. I like the social aspect of a flip frenzy but comps aren't something i'm overly keen on. So let's keep the meets going and enjoy each other's company because we can at least have a laugh while playing each other.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Could not agree more mate if I tried! :cool:

Seems we are in the minority though...:cry

So, JJP 4... ;)

Dialed in = mobile phone game

Hobbit = a game about a book

WoZ = a game about a crystal ball

Potc = a game about a compass

Star wars is a game about an LCD because they forgot to stylize it

I'll give you Star Wars, but plz m8, enough with the negativity.

:lol

Dialed in is probably the best game thats shipped in years. Have people that make these statements spent any quality time with the game? I think not.

@Brett2280 reckons its the best game ever. Like to know the details Brett?