Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Blah Blah Pinball Drama Blah

Not going to be much of an event and a second rate Masters without Greg Gee Rob and Jason,

3 long term pioneers of pinball competitons across the pancake

Wasn't Greg the primary person mustering voluntered financial support for contributers organisers and pinball at last years Masters?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to be much of an event and a second rate Masters without Greg Gee Rob and Jason,

I think there are probably 160 people who would disagree with that statement.

Everyone had an equal opportunity to buy tickets as I'm sure Greg, Rob and Jasen understand.

Wasn't Greg the primary person mustering voluntered financial support for contributers organisers and pinball at last years Masters?

Not going to be a Brisbane Masters without someone throwing stones at the organisers......

Did you have a read of what you wrote and think about how the organisers feel by you saying it will be 'not much of an event' and 'second rate'?

These guys are organising THE BIGGEST and LONGEST pinball competition EVER to be held in Australia. They have secured some amazing competitors from overseas in the top 10 in the world, Steve Ritchie - one of the games best designers in many peoples eyes, plus a heap of other special guests. They have also managed to tie it in with a huge public event that will showcase the hobby/sport to so many more of the public.

Plus co-coordinating a heap of collectors and others to supply machines, organise insurance, rent, techs, prizes, massive sponsorship, volunteers and so much more than many will probably ever hear about.

Then someone comes along and tells them its a 2nd rate event before its even done.....all i can say is last year's event was awesome, so if that is anything to go by then it will be a cracker.

In terms of the people you mentioned not playing, i agree that i will miss competing with those guys, however EVERYBODY had weeks or months of notice before and when tickets went on sale, so i can only assume its their choice not to play.

Maybe its worth thinking about how you can contribute to the event positively, rather than throw stones. Personally, i'm only a week away from helping 2 others put on a fairly large event in Townsville, but nothing to the scale that the Masters will be - so i appreciate the effort, cost, time and stress that is involved in organising, hosting and co-ordinating. Maybe you should consider volunteering to assist - i know i did a heap of volunteer tech work last year at the Masters, and it was fun helping out as i knew i could contribute something back to show appreciation to the organisers.

159 people have an equal oppurtunity here to confirm you consulted with them before including them in your sweeping across the board response

If pinball is strong it will multiply beyond this single event

I am unconvinced unravelling the threads of the entire fabric is in the best interests of anyone

Getting carried away with the popularity of a single event doesnt automatically equate to longer term across the board success

Success takes foundations

These players are that foundation

So do we make exceptions for all the others that missed out or do they have to pass some sort of “Glen Charles Pioneer Of Pinball Test”. You popped your head in last year with the same sort of comments and were told to pull it back in. Pity you didn’t take notice of these comments.

The organisers have put in a massive amount of time and effort and this should be applauded.

You say Rob didn’t ask the other 159 people well maybe those that agree you are out of line can like my comment. That will be a nice little test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do we make exceptions for all the others that missed out or do they have to pass some sort of “Glen Charles Pioneer Of Pinball Test”. You popped your head in last year with the same sort of comments and were told to pull it back in. Pity you didn’t take notice of these comments.

The organisers have put in a massive amount of time and effort and this should be applauded.

You say Rob didn’t ask the other 159 people well maybe those that agree you are out of line can like my comment. That will be a nice little test.

Oh and I did censor what I really thought of you only through fear of a ban. I need AA to organise Houseball. Yeah one of these social occasions people organise (unlike yourself) so people can enjoy this hobby.

As with all of my comments I am happy to discuss this further in person.

Its really up to the individual if they want to support a campaign to have some well known pioneering competition pinball players included in the Masters.

They are players that could achieve ultimate success and to not have high performing individuals in the mix does detract from the event,

Paticularly if it is simply because they got caught off gaurd by the level of demand for tickets,

Its not like anyone actually qualified for the event,

Sometimes circumstances dont always allow people to distract themselves with urgently buyong tickets to an event

If people do eant these extra players in the mix then so be it but personally i think an effort to get the extras on the play field would add to the event,

• Administrators
Oh and I did censor what I really thought of you only through fear of a ban. I need AA to organise Houseball. Yeah one of these social occasions people organise (unlike yourself) so people can enjoy this hobby.

As with all of my comments I am happy to discuss this further in person.

Oh please don't hold back.

Its really up to the individual if they want to support a campaign to have some well known pioneering competition pinball players included in the Masters.

They are players that could achieve ultimate success and to not have high performing individuals in the mix does detract from the event,

Paticularly if it is simply because they got caught off gaurd by the level of demand for tickets,

Sometimes circumstances dont always allow people to distract themselves with urgently buyong tickets to an event

If people do eant these extra players in the mix then so be it but personally i think an effort to get the extras on the play field would add to the event,

Pinburgh sells out 1000 tickets in less than a minute. And they don't make exceptions for past winners or anyone.

This is 160 tickets which I believe people had the opportunity to buy in April.

"please change the rules because I want them to be changed.... Here are all my reasons which have nothing to do with you"

Come on now...

Quite a contrast to the financial support that was sought and mustered for people to travel abroad and compete

Wonder if any of the extras contributed both effort and financial support for that campaign?

Or will again?

I just hope none of the extras close ones were in the process of dying of cancer during this period which consumed all their time and effort placing ticket purchasing on the backburner,

Please define 'urgent buying of tickets' and 'caught offguard'....

Tickets were on sale for what... 3,4,5 weeks before being sold out, plus multiple notices on AA, Facebook and through personal communication that there were only 20 left. If you were really keen to attend the event, you had ample time.

If there are other major personal/health/whatever issues, then they are way more important than any pinball comp, so deal with them and accept that some things in life are more important.

There are plenty that 'want' to play that didn't make the cut for whatever reason. as Jono stated...you snooze, you lose!

Quite a contrast to the financial support that was sought and mustered for people to travel abroad and compete

Wonder if any of the extras contributed both effort and financial support for that campaign?

Or will again?

I just hope none of the extras close ones were in the process of dying of cancer during this period which consumed all their time and effort placing ticket purchasing on the backburner,

And again you totally miss the point. If you care to actually read or be involved in the fundraiser you would know it was only done for Lambo as he does so much for the pinball community. If pigs started to fly and you somehow had the opportunity to go overseas there is no way you would be supported as your input into the pinball community amounts to zero.

• Administrators
Nah not going to go that easy.

Dont know what you mean if I wanted you gone you'd be gone years ago. Always good to get it out of your system than talk shit behind peoples back.

Dont know what you mean if I wanted you gone you'd be gone years ago. Always good to get it out of your system than talk shit behind peoples back.

I believe he requested a face to face rather than starting a forum thread war

@Glenncharles keep on track you're starting to just throw random comments in here. As others have stated there were 160 tickets on sale in April and have in the past month sold out. Nothing more to it. Get on the waitlist like they have and see if a spot opens.

Maybe @glencharles should have bought tickets for the guys so they didn't miss out :unsure

Also knowing Rob and Jasen, not sure this is their style. Sorry G only met you once.

Reminds me of a little anecdote my daughter told me.

Dealing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. They knock over all the pieces, shit all over the board and then strut around like they won the game.

(Not that it's got anything to do with this thread)

Am sure the pioneering players waiting on the sidelines have plenty of support in regards to making the final playing list if oppurtunity avails itself

Like i said if people want to publicly express their selfishness and narcissistic world view and not support an effort to enrich the event by inluding a few more then thats thier personal choice

Personally I think it would add to the event, and it is disappointing restrictions on entries apply

At the risk of being castigated, give your ticket up to one of them or STFU.

We understand that people miss out.

Your comments on your first post in this thread were offensive to all the people that are trying to create one of the biggest and best comps in Australia.

Am sure the pioneering players waiting on the sidelines have plenty of support in regards to making the final playing list if oppurtunity avails itself

Like i said if people want to publicly express their selfishness and narcissistic world view and not support an effort to enrich the event by inluding a few more then thats thier personal choice

Personally I think it would add to the event, and it is disappointing restrictions on entries apply

I'd imagine the event is capped at 160 players because of amount of machines available. Its got nothing to do with being selfish. Maybe these "pioneering players" as you call them waiting on the sidelines isn't such a bad thing. Let some new blood in hey? Yeah it would be great for everyone to be able to play but they didn't buy their tickets in time. Including you. Is this what it is really all about Glen? :)

I'd imagine the event is capped at 160 players because of amount of machines available. Its got nothing to do with being selfish. Maybe these "pioneering players" as you call them waiting on the sidelines isn't such a bad thing. Let some new blood in hey? Yeah it would be great for everyone to be able to play but they didn't buy their tickets in time. Including you. Is this what it is really all about Glen? :)

I wont be attending

Due to work commitments

Was on the list in case I wasnt working

Selfish is about not thinking there are options available to get these pioneers and rookies onto the playfield

And not at least considering those whom would like to play also but have missed a cutoff moment

There is always a way into the stadium, you just have to fnd it

Sometimes it takes support