Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How often we play our pins?

Glenn70

I play my one and only machine maybe 3 times a week. I live in an apartment building so try not to play for too long or too late at night because I'm sure the neighbours can hear it (I keep the volume low but the mechanical sounds are the loudest).

Plenty of sited machines around where I live but I rarely play any of them because they're almost exclusively Sterns. Only Luna Park has any variety.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with that at all and you play more than I do. Good incentive to exercise 3.6km every two days at least.

And when i dont play i try to watch jack danger or any of the big comps and try and emulate what the top players do

And when i dont play i try to watch jack danger or any of the big comps and try and emulate what the top players do

Yes that is easier said than done. They make it look so easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Very rarely.

Before I had kids, daily for at least an hour, sometimes 2hrs. That all stopped once I had kids. Going on 8 years now and I'll fire up IM or Tron maybe once every 3 months. It was more a couple of years back when @Dedrok was down here often, but now with 4 kids 7 and under, I rarely make the time.

Know what you mean. Kids keep you busy indeed.

My husband and i both work from home so we both play alot. Our 4 yr old loves them too so we will often all play together but on frivnight or on weekend we normally end up having a few drinks and games onces hes gone to bed. I have a hair salon under the house so they are on alot. I play while waiting . My clients also love them and play them

Sent from my SM-J105Y using Aussie Arcade mobile app

My wife and I play our machines nearly every day for an hour or so. We only turn them all on while we are playing them, no issues. We did not play any yesterday. Saturday friends came over, a few drinks and we all played all our machines non stop from 3pm until 9.00pm.

Not as much as I'd like! Always something else to do it seems. Plus when I do have the time, it's usually spent fixing machines or organising parts. But I now have most of my machines running well so I can play more often. Maybe a few hours a week? But apart from play time, the time spent researching, browsing AA and Pinside, studying repair techniques, ordering parts, etc., pretty much takes up all waking moments outside of work and sleep.

I have 2 pins, a vpin & a couple arcade machines. I get a couple of nights a week where I play either the real pins or the vpin sillly for about an hour at night to de-stress (I'm not so much interested in arcade anymore).

My girls (3 & 5) will takeover the garage if I try and play on a weekend, which I actually like and encourage, they mostly like the arcade games.

Maybe one Friday every other month I have a mate or two over and we drink, talk $hite, and play doubles for a couple of hours (I like this the most). Once every 6 months or so we have the greater family over for what my wife calls "Nerdburger", burgers and garage gaming. She has named / signed the garage the "Nergeon".

Any spare time on this is spent keeping it all running, they were all cheap / fair condition machines that I had / have to invest time in to make run, but the whole setup costed less than a new Stern Premium, so I'm a happy chappy.

Sometimes I go awhile with no time to play, but like a good best friend we pickup from where we last left off :)

I have 2 pins, a vpin & a couple arcade machines. I get a couple of nights a week where I play either the real pins or the vpin sillly for about an hour at night to de-stress (I'm not so much interested in arcade anymore).

My girls (3 & 5) will takeover the garage if I try and play on a weekend, which I actually like and encourage, they mostly like the arcade games.

Maybe one Friday every other month I have a mate or two over and we drink, talk $hite, and play doubles for a couple of hours (I like this the most). Once every 6 months or so we have the greater family over for what my wife calls "Nerdburger", burgers and garage gaming. She has named / signed the garage the "Nergeon".

Any spare time on this is spent keeping it all running, they were all cheap / fair condition machines that I had / have to invest time in to make run, but the whole setup costed less than a new Stern Premium, so I'm a happy chappy.

Sometimes I go awhile with no time to play, but like a good best friend we pickup from where we last left off :)

That's great. I like the idea of burgers and garage gaming - might have to give this a try. Also love playing doubles with a mate, it's something different to playing by yourself all the time (I know that doesn't sound too good but we are talking about pinball playing here!!!!!............mind out of gutter people)

That's great. I like the idea of burgers and garage gaming - might have to give this a try. Also love playing doubles with a mate, it's something different to playing by yourself all the time (I know that doesn't sound too good but we are talking about pinball playing here!!!!!............mind out of gutter people)
to

The Burgers & gaming thing is a good bit of fun and a fun excuse not to have to put on a full dinner, a small comp also adds to the fun.

Garage pinball is imo often better than going to a venue with a few mates (Not everyone has the spare cash to go out), the multiplayer games can be furiously funny too (Oh the dummy spits). Guys without pins really appreciate it.

Edited by DallasJ
Add stuff

Back in the 90s it was 5-6 days a week, 6-8 hours a day. Now its at most whenever a league meet or other comp is on.
Correct me if I'm wrong

That's between 30 to 48 hrs a week

No wonder you're well ranked

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong

That's between 30 to 48 hrs a week

No wonder you're well ranked

Yeah it was just after I finished high school. Pretty much spent a year bumming around and played with Rob Mac pretty much 5 days a week. I guess if the games made back then were not the best ever then I might have been doing other stuff. It was only due to him coming back from the states that we really figured out how to play since he learnt drop and live catching. easy to figure out those things these days with the internet.

We rocked up at Timezone in Bourke st and say started at 6pm and played till close. Might have been between 12-2am. Sometimes we would then go round the corner and hit the arcades in Russell st and Lygon st. If we felt like we wanted to keep going then we would hit night fever in Fitzroy St. Had about 12 places that we could crawl to. Fun factory, Princes's pool hall etc etc

to

The Burgers & gaming thing is a good bit of fun and a fun excuse not to have to put on a full dinner, a small comp also adds to the fun.

Garage pinball is imo often better than going to a venue with a few mates (Not everyone has the spare cash to go out), the multiplayer games can be furiously funny too (Oh the dummy spits). Guys without pins really appreciate it.

Yep agree. The social aspect of pinball is awesome with mates at home. Burgers are a full dinner:

Vegetables: tomato, lettuce, beetroot & onions.

Protein: beef pattie/rissole or chicken breast.

carbs: burger bun and a beer or two.

Couldn't ask for more. Ohh, one more thing...........oven baked chips and tom sauce! Yippee.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it was just after I finished high school. Pretty much spent a year bumming around and played with Rob Mac pretty much 5 days a week. I guess if the games made back then were not the best ever then I might have been doing other stuff. It was only due to him coming back from the states that we really figured out how to play since he learnt drop and live catching. easy to figure out those things these days with the internet.

We rocked up at Timezone in Bourke st and say started at 6pm and played till close. Might have been between 12-2am. Sometimes we would then go round the corner and hit the arcades in Russell st and Lygon st. If we felt like we wanted to keep going then we would hit night fever in Fitzroy St. Had about 12 places that we could crawl to. Fun factory, Princes's pool hall etc etc

That's gold. I remember many of those venues in the 90's. Timezone in Burke St - had a lower ground area downstairs, Russell St - many along that strip, Lygon St Italian Cafe's with pins in them, etc, etc. I reckon our paths definitely crossed at some stage. Pity I never retained the skills I once had. Maybe due to going away from pins and concentrating on chicks in nightclubs?

Top Gun was across the road as well. I didnt have the cash for women back then lol. We used to get free play passes for all the credits left over from the end of the night. I dont think we went thru more than $10 a week from playing, yet the latest games always seemed to turn over the most $$$ in the Timezone sales guide lol.

Russell st arcades were interesting back then ;)

They stayed open all night too,great times mostly with the occasional drama lol

Russell st arcades were interesting back then ;)

They stayed open all night too,great times mostly with the occasional drama lol

Yeah there was this place down towards little bourke that we called the Red House. Opened 24/7 and always had grannies at the till. A another place next to the Souvlaki bar which was next Hungry Jacks. The bloke owned a harley but he mostly had arcades and not pins. And there was an arcade on the corner of little collins or flinders lane and swanston st up one level. This was the place where I got to the mansion on TAF for the 1st time. There was another arcade in a basement on flinders st opposite the station. I used to go there when I changed trains.

Yeah there was this place down towards little bourke that we called the Red House. Opened 24/7 and always had grannies at the till. A another place next to the Souvlaki bar which was next Hungry Jacks. The bloke owned a harley but he mostly had arcades and not pins. And there was an arcade on the corner of little collins or flinders lane and swanston st up one level. This was the place where I got to the mansion on TAF for the 1st time. There was another arcade in a basement on flinders st opposite the station. I used to go there when I changed trains.
Changing trains not sth Melbourne tech

Yep agree. The social aspect of pinball is awesome with mates at home. Burgers are a full dinner:

Vegetables: tomato, lettuce, beetroot & onions.

Protein: beef pattie/rissole or chicken breast.

carbs: burger bun and a beer or two.

Couldn't ask for more. Ohh, one more thing...........oven baked chips and tom sauce! Yippee.

- - - Updated - - -

That's gold. I remember many of those venues in the 90's. Timezone in Burke St - had a lower ground area downstairs, Russell St - many along that strip, Lygon St Italian Cafe's with pins in them, etc, etc. I reckon our paths definitely crossed at some stage. Pity I never retained the skills I once had. Maybe due to going away from pins and concentrating on chicks in nightclubs?

I love to play with others thats the whole reason I started to play was to meet others

Wow I didn't think anyone knew about that basement one at flinders. It was so grubby and seedy haha

Used to play there and red house wagging school !

Wow I didn't think anyone knew about that basement one at flinders. It was so grubby and seedy haha

Used to play there and red house wagging school !

Yeah I played this video 9 ball game all the time. Then TAF/HS2/T2 came out and that was that.

How often we play our pins?

Once daily for about an hour at least for me on Ripley’s while I am at work and living out West, and at home and friends places, on several other machines WPC DE Gottlieb EM Stern most days.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I Play almost everyday. Not big sessions but in between all the household chores. My skills don't improve much but it helps with the addiction.

Ive found if i watch the big comps and try to emulate what the top players do it helps with my skills