Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aldi arcade cabinets are here

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking, 120 cm high [emoji1] that's ridiculous. I guess little kids only then...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Seen them yesterday my local had shitloads. I knew they were small but when I see them I was taken back a bit. Very small packaging and only 32kg all up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Missus works at a Aldi.

She said they stocked 10. They sold none. Expects them to be discounted to sell.

They come in a flatpack you have to build with 17" LCD screen that is supplied. 2 artwork styles. Not all stores have both styles. Very small & cramped cab. 1 yr warranty.

Missus works at a Aldi.

She said they stocked 10. They sold none. Expects them to be discounted to sell.

They come in a flatpack you have to build with 17" LCD screen that is supplied. 2 artwork styles. Not all stores have both styles. Very small & cramped cab. 1 yr warranty.

@Beavisbeaver when does your missus think they will be discounted to sell? Can you let us know please and what price when she finds out?

Aldi arcade cabinets are here

Tons of everything at my local and it’s Sunday arvo. Surprised the 3d printer stuff was still there.

Not surprised about the arcades though.

910edeeaf3b61923b405276617ea493b.jpg

ef7ce3e3d15fd85df7febb154c9b75a5.jpg

7ddb530da96754b804972af9ac77c5b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Koops

Yup, checked it out today - both versions available with 18 in stock and no mad panic from anyone. The riser might help with the 3/4 size but now sure if you can buy that here? (might be a stool job unless it's for your kids) I was also dissapointed to hear the review of the Defender component and its awkward button placement - I love that game. As with everything it's great for some and not so for others .. but definitely different and puts playing a game at home into the 'somewhat' affordable place that some people have never been. Would be interested to hear reviews.

Tons of everything at my local and it’s Sunday arvo. Surprised the 3d printer stuff was still there.

Not surprised about the arcades though.

910edeeaf3b61923b405276617ea493b.jpg

ef7ce3e3d15fd85df7febb154c9b75a5.jpg

7ddb530da96754b804972af9ac77c5b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cripes... those boxes are tiny!

it's a 2P cab so if someone put a gun to my head and said you must buy one or i'll kill you, i'd buy the one with joust, one of the best 2P games ever :)

cripes... those boxes are tiny!

it's a 2P cab so if someone put a gun to my head and said you must buy one or i'll kill you, i'd buy the one with joust, one of the best 2P games ever :)

My friends couldn't get it and ragged me heavily for it, but I just loved Joust too - always played it on Atari 2600 and kept me going, wrist cramps and all. I never got on to the figher games as much, except Kung Fu master (the original one, the reversioning of today and later don't have the same feel I reckon (the colours, characters and movement are so different .. jeez I put some 20 centers in that one down the road). P.s checked out again this morning and still the same amount of games available .. wonder if they'll bump it down?

My friends couldn't get it and ragged me heavily for it, but I just loved Joust too - always played it on Atari 2600 and kept me going, wrist cramps and all. I never got on to the figher games as much, except Kung Fu master (the original one, the reversioning of today and later don't have the same feel I reckon (the colours, characters and movement are so different .. jeez I put some 20 centers in that one down the road). P.s checked out again this morning and still the same amount of games available .. wonder if they'll bump it down?

yeah, i couldn't get into any fighters in the arcades, just found them all really boring. especially street fighter. later in life got into Tekken on the PS1 which was a great party game, winner stays on. also enjoyed killer instinct on the snes and had many a jago vs orchid battle.

but yeah. joust ftw. it's a cool game cause you can play it co-op or deathmatch with the game having built-in bonuses to reward both styles of play.

agree on kung-fu master, a brilliant game. more a side-scroller than a fighter maybe though. really hard in arcades, excellent and easier version came out on the c64 which got flogged.

if someone comes out with a hack to add roms to these cabs they might start to fly off the shelves. anyone know what hardwware is in these - are they emulator-on-a-board type thing ?

. anyone know what hardwware is in these - are they emulator-on-a-board type thing ?

Taking an uneducated guess. Im thinking a small linux based system like a pi style or something, Its either held in the controller panel which is a sealed unit or at the back of the monitor in another sealed unit.

there is only two sections that house the electrical components and they are sealed and made easy for some one to put together who doesnt know anything about this sort of stuff. only a ribbon cord is used to join the monitor to the control panel and the person putting the cab together just connects that ribbon cord.

here is a video that shows all the parts and assembly,

it is designed for dummies which is smart, it isnt designed for a true arcade hobbyist.

It is the Ikea of Arcade machines, which is why it has been very successful at getting into many big stores around the world.

1up who makes these things also Sell Plinths as an extra option to make it taller for standing play,But I Dont think Aldi sells those plinths?.

These things are stupid but clever at the same time, and designed really only for the hipsters who seem to have an endless supply of disposable cash to spend on shit like this, As shown in the promo picture lol

1up.jpg.b5d594a3f6dba5d940079ab6913dc9a9.jpg

Edited by jason1