Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 23 - Game 7 ~ Astro Invader ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Weird game I just had. I tried the counting thing and promptly died, lost count, tried, got it wrong gave up and played as I normally do. Was on my last man at 7500 or so and smashed it on my last man. I kid you not that every large ship with the exception of 3 were 100 points =/

Brad

astroinv-brad-15540.png.186abbf8b945702705bfdb0f0cec0fa5.png

Weird game I just had. I tried the counting thing and promptly died, lost count, tried, got it wrong gave up and played as I normally do. Was on my last man at 7500 or so and smashed it on my last man. I kid you not that every large ship with the exception of 3 were 100 points =/

Brad

Extra lives at every 10k. Keeping alive and being in the groove is all you need. The 300/400 saucers are a nice bonus as and when they come. Great score!

According to the flyer, "Depending on Attack Mode, each UFO destroyed scores 100-800 points"

So, what's an Attack Mode?

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=80&image=2

Mmmmmm...... I have a feeling that these Sales flyers are sometimes off the mark with reality. (A lack of understanding between Sales / Marketing and the finished product)

Looking at one of the comments at the top of the flyer is also not 100% true. It's not game over when 3 lives are lots if you gain extra lives.

I personally think the max is 400 , never seen anything above that.

Not sure about the attack mode, and the most I've had from a UFO is 400 points

- - - Updated - - -

So - it seems astro invader is a clone of Kamikaze (or the other way around)

In Kamikaze, you can get 800 points for the UFO, compared to only 400 on astro invader.

Kamikaze looks ever so slightly different too

So if you are getting 800 points for the UFO....wrong ROMset!!!

:)

It's all in the timing.. hit the first UFO on the 15th shot (whether your shots have hit anything or not) and you get 400 points. Hit each subsequent UFO on your 16th shot and get 400 points. That timing gets reset when you die or the level changes I think. Not sure what determines 200 or 300 points though...?!

It's all in the timing.. hit the first UFO on the 15th shot (whether your shots have hit anything or not) and you get 400 points. Hit each subsequent UFO on your 16th shot and get 400 points. That timing gets reset when you die or the level changes I think. Not sure what determines 200 or 300 points though...?!

I think its the 14th shot for the first one, and 15 shots thereafter.

I think its the 14th shot for the first one, and 15 shots thereafter.

With the utmost respect I beg to differ. Remember those shots don't have to hit anything... :) In any case it becomes pretty much impossible after the 3rd UFO anyway to get enough shots in.. :-/

With the utmost respect I beg to differ. Remember those shots don't have to hit anything... :) In any case it becomes pretty much impossible after the 3rd UFO anyway to get enough shots in.. :-/

I think we're on the same page...I'm counting 14 shots excluding the UFO.

Edit: In re-reading you're post (a bit more carefully this time!) it seems I made the blunder. "Hit the UFO on the 15th shot"

I think we're on the same page...I'm counting 14 shots excluding the UFO.

Edit: In re-reading you're post (a bit more carefully this time!) it seems I made the blunder. "Hit the UFO on the 15th shot"

I still don't know how guys are getting 15K though.. haven't really nailed a strategy to avoid getting trapped by the bombers and then letting the UFO hit the ground. My hat off to those fellas :)

- - - Updated - - -

lol.. as I say that, I have a bit of a break out game and got to 8K without loosing a life then panic'd big time :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81295784/astro_9540.jpg

Once you get a flow and rhythm this it's quite engaging, I like it more than the spitting monkey :) counted for the first 3 ships then I give up and just go for survival.

http://i.imgur.com/mRl0UlMl.jpg

Not sure I'll get any more games in today. I'm glad this came up because I felt sorry for OOO having to read this every time I nominated for MGL - was almost at the stage where I could pm him and say "the usual noms for me" :) I like the fact that MGL makes you play with more focus - my previous best on this game was about 5k but it's still the game hardest to get a free life on of those that I play.

On gameplay I can mostly get the first three 400 point landers but it just goes crazy for me after that and it's a battle to survive.

asti0011.png.1ac2a12def197f15cb36c311f9e88643.png