Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 21 - Game 5 ~ Tetris ~ [FINISHED]

Block Buster …

MGL 21 – Game 5 ~ Tetris

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TetrisMGL21Settings1_zps167e0ba4.png

Nominated by AA legend: Blktgr74

Current AA Champ of Tetris: Never played before in the MGL

ROM: atetris (set 1)

Game Story:

A puzzle game where seven different types of blocks continuously fall from above and you must arrange them to make horizontal rows of bricks. Completing any row causes those blocks to disappear and the rest above move downwards completing four rows at once is called a Tetris. The blocks above gradually fall faster and the game is over when the screen fills up and blocks can no longer fall from the top.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Tetris finishes Sunday 15-Jun-2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game on a single credit. You can start on any difficulty you wish.

GAME 5 … Rotate and slice

:115: :115: :115: :115: :115:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TetrisFinal_zpsebf1d7aa.png

Congratulations to chrisbo for winning Game 5.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TetrisMGL21Winner_zps4e4a9865.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE Tetris, not sure if I've played this version or another on MAME. Looking forward to this one :)

Haha are you the one to beat then? ;)

Yeah I just noticed there are a few different versions. Im guessing its the Atari one we are using, going by the ROMset

Nah, only played a few times on MAME, so no idea how good I am. Played heaps of it on the Nintendo DS though as well as back in the day on the 8 Bit and 16 Bit computers.

Must try and locate my DS and the few games I had, good time killer :)

Ahh nice. I've played basically none so going off that Ill be pretty shite. A good game to learn though as the skill transfers to many others.

- - - Updated - - -

After a few tries. 50497. Started from round 1

I'm winning!! :P

atetris-1401362397.png.d9832dfdd02005df0ad2b6309fda7a7f.png

Not a game I'd usually play but hopefully I'll enjoy it. I really wish I could have got my Mum to join in with this comp but couldn't convince her. I reckon she would have mastered Puzzle Bobble 2 and I have seen her play a PC version of Tetris and I could barely see the freaking pieces on the screen and she just kept slotting them away... was awesome to see. The other games would have smashed her though. Edited by JustAnotherRat
Typo

Not a game I'd usually play but hopefully I'll enjoy it. I really wish I could have got my Mum to join in with this comp but couldn't convince her. I reckon she would have mastered Puzzle Bobble 2 and I have seen her play a PC version of Tetris and I could barely see the freaking pieces on the screen and she just kept slotting them away... was awesome to see. The other games would have smashed her though.

Fantastic to hear :) my son Oliver 11yrs (who chooses not to be known as Another Rat) might say similar things about me in future (different games) but he only shows limited interest now. He has been bought up around arcade and pinball classics, and could name a game blindfolded just listening to it's intro music, he watches arcade/pin movies with me and always has a game with me if I ask him. But never plays on his own, only played two games of my new pin (although he is a good pinball player) and would prefer to play table tennis. Hey that is great Table tennis is awesome :) and we ride MTBs together and do other sports. He plays minecraft (ok) and stupid flash motorbike games, woeful, ahhh i struggle to support him ;)

But when I hear stories like yourself being inspired by your Mum, and Barra playing because his Dad inspired him...................................

Ahhh whatever, he is a good kid for showing an interest in what I do, and really I would rather ride bikes with him than play 80's arcade games :D

I just looked at your profile and saw that you joined here in 2007 before I did in 2008, I thought you took on your name because I already had it, but then I have been known as Rat since about 1978 :p

I'm just a bit pissed and rambling on...........so hey "Another rat" show us a picture of your Mum playing games, is she hot?

Edited by Rat
added

Eww... It's my Mum, so no I don't think she is hot.

I was waiting for someone to comment on that :lol

- - - Updated - - -

atetris.png.0f5bcb39b89cf443162a59ad874bcea3.png

Gets hard very quickly, one bad mistake and game over. 50K is a bloody good opening score @Barra

atet0000.png.056b20b0c8385964bd5a703fae4b2b1f.png

Slight improvement. I did manage a 60k score starting from hard, but I don't like playing any game except from the very beginning, the 40k bonus for starting on hard is too much of an advantage IMO.

atet0000.png.69f2470665254ae460591b26add65746.png

Should have passed level 8 but for one stupid mistake right at the end. Tried a few more games but had to stop due to mounting rage.

Unless I'm missing something major in the way points are scored, starting on Hard is a massive advantage to your scoring which doesn't seem right to me.

Level 6 seriously gives me the shits :realmad:

Edit:

Not even one day gone and I am hating this friggin' game. Tetris is a great game, just seems like another coin sucking conversion.

TG TOP 3:

1 100% 4021471 Harry Hong 2009-06-24 0 INP

2 70% 2828447 Martin Bedard 2005-02-08 0 INP

3 55% 2226387 Miguel Santos 2005-02-08 0 INP

Are you friggin' kidding me? There must be some massive bonus points later on, I know point increase per level, would love to know what level these guys are getting to :o