Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

GoT Pinball Announced

fatbeer

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly. Stern pins aren't cheap they just feel that way.

Secondly. I don't find WOZ fun at all and The Hobbit doesn't look fun either.

:p

WOZ is great you just have to know what to do. Before hanging out with @timmychap and giving the game what for I had no idea what to do other than thrash around and hope for stuff to happen. Now knowing what to aim for and know ok I've got to do this before I get that it's a tonne of fun

Bout the same time GOT's code is complete....

- - - Updated - - -

See if you can knock back Pats game then ;)

So you agree with them shoving the games out the door :cool:

Hashman buys all the sterns, I will buy all the JJPs... That's the contract we have.

WOZ is great you just have to know what to do. Before hanging out with @timmychap and giving the game what for I had no idea what to do other than thrash around and hope for stuff to happen. Now knowing what to aim for and know ok I've got to do this before I get that it's a tonne of fun

So worth the wait then :boring:

So worth the wait then :boring:

Hell no! I would've much preferred a stern in the hand and then when the machine came out then buy it not wait for 4 years for it to come out! Hell I had my xmen for that long and it's a great game!

Jjp stands behind their code because well they only have one game! There's nothing else for Keith to do until the hobbit it out and being played! Of course Jack isn't going have Keith there playing with himself until there is something else to do! I doubt there will be much tinkering with woz after this latest release.

Xmen only got better after the code was updated and how long did that take..

Unlike some others I can never complain about manufacturers that are passionate about making pinball better even if it takes a long time for them to release a game. Interesting that everyone gives it to JJP for delays yet they are good with HomePin? l'll give anyone credit for starting off with such a difficult task of making their 1st game/ entering a difficult market and giving it their best shot, rather than primarily being concerned with the business side of things.

See if you can knock back Pats game then ;)

So you agree with them shoving the games out the door :cool:

Agree and also very keen to see Pats game... in 2020 :/

Yeah I know. Each time I play Ryza's Woz I really have no idea what I'm doing. I do actually enjoy it. I'm just cranky I cant beat RGR's grand champion score on the Junkyard we have at work haha

In terms of build quality and innovation, WOZ blows everything out of the water. You have to go back as far as TZ to match it.

Whether you like the game itself is another thing entirely. JJP has spared nothing getting the code and features to the absolute maximum possible from the game.

You have to give it to him for sticking with it and trying to deliver the best pinball possible.

Whether he's making money is another story. I doubt it. That's where Stern kills everything else - they make money.

At this point in time, the customers are the ones benefiting from JJP. How long it can be sustained is something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TH looks like one the most visually impressive games ever. I can only judge by videos and ive been considering even getting one but I am a little concerned about shot satisfaction. Sure lots to shoot at but how good does it feel to play. A lot of feedback from expo was the shots didn't feel as good as GoT and overall it looked like the best pin there but wasn't the most fun to play. Opinions all vary of course.

Ohhh is this the RGR. How the hell did you get 500 million on JY? I had a great game and bet wizard mode

... 110mil.

This was Bretts one??? If so it was due to the superbands deadening the ball and endless EBs.... Shooting the mode start hole over and over I guess.

TH looks like one the most visually impressive games ever. I can only judge by videos and ive been considering even getting one but I am a little concerned about shot satisfaction. Sure lots to shoot at but how good does it feel to play. A lot of feedback from expo was the shots didn't feel as good as GoT and overall it looked like the best pin there but wasn't the most fun to play. Opinions all vary of course.

Guys at expo where saying very long ball times :) yeah it looks great but if it's boring why bother- might be a hard sell for you Richard [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xmen only got better after the code was updated and how long did that take..

Unlike some others I can never complain about manufacturers that are passionate about making pinball better even if it takes a long time for them to release a game. Interesting that everyone gives it to JJP for delays yet they are good with HomePin? l'll give anyone credit for starting off with such a difficult task of making their 1st game/ entering a difficult market and giving it their best shot, rather than primarily being concerned with the business side of things.

I think it took about 1 1/2 or 2 years to get the code to where it's at now. And it's very solid. But I had the game I played it and I'm not that great a player where I've even gotten to dark Phoenix or danger room.

Gave it a good crack on Sat and have the following feedback:

Good:

- I dont know what it was but I think the GOT sound track is very well suited to playing pinball. It had this hypnotic effect which really worked well with the fast game play.

- Shots were nice with the exception of the right loop

- Jets awards are great, nice change!

- Combo and playfield multipliers are innovative

- Not a drain monster

- Sounds great.

- Dots prob the best of any Stern.

Bad

- 2 SEVERE problems. 1: The right loop is poorly designed resulting in rejects... The outer part of the loop is curved yet the inner left part is straight. The flow is severely affected as a result. 2: The biggest problem is the centre ramp shot to the lock. The issue is that if a 1-2 balls are locked (resting against the sword) and you fire another ball up the ramp, it will bounce off the locked balls. The game will assume that all the balls are resting and the post will drop allowing all locked balls back into the game. This means that you can get 2-3 balls in the game all the time. Hence this is the reason I put up 3 billion. No idea how this could not have been missed..(well I do have an idea) but these need to be fixed.

- Modes are the same style.... shoot things over and over...

- Useless IM style skill shot

- Lack of proper instructions during the game on how to play it

- Artwork is mehhh... but this is only the pro

Overall better than most Sterns.

Edited by RGR

Hopefully a code update will fix the sword lock issue. Maybe its in the setting to prolong ball release. Of all the gameplay ive seen i never spotted this. Maybe its there and i didnt notice. That ramp is same on le so it will need addressing.

Thanks for the write up

The have 2 x GoT machines at PAX. Had a couple of games today. Cannot rally say anything more than other have already said. The game had great flow on pretty much every shot (with the exception being the battering ram which absorbs all of the momentum of the ball). The code obviously is no where near being complete. There was one stage when I got Blackwater multiball. The balls realise so slowly and I hit the ramp about 8 or so times in a row. The balls where going in faster then they where spitting out so the multiball really didn't start until I missed the shout.

The call outs are really great.

The art doesn't matter when you are playing. But when I was watching others I couldn't help to think that they really didn't capture the theme with the visuals.

Still a winner I think