Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Buying pinballs

Was interested in whether purchasing pinballs is more an impulse buy or something carefully planned out.

For me all except two were methodically planned out, playing the titles, researching rules/gameplay, pricing etc

My first purchase I planned to buy but had no title on the radar. My rfm was an absolute impulse buy. I was to buy paint for the inside of my house and instead visited a dealer on my way and came back with the pinball and nearly no paint.

From a stress free and having confidence in a purchase, I prefer the pre planned process, I find I get the title I'm really after, the condition I want and usually close to tbe price I'm seeking to pay or better.

it has changed over the years

when i first got in, went ti dealers, saw what was on offer, and bought a game i liked

later i would get a few titles on my want list and tgen search fir those

then i decided NI B was tge next step, so i waired for a title i liked and bought that

but lately i have just been watching classifieds, if a title takes my fancy, i go fir it

My first purchase was an impulse, i'd researched prices and decided a new Stern was better value than a second hand one. Deadpool was the only real title that struck a cord with me and i liked the look of the playfield. I emailed Bruce about it and it was at my place the next day.

Absolute impulse.

The Hobbit was a planned purchase but i had still not played it before buying. I am going to try to avoid that situation as much as possible. Absolutely no regrets, but i don't want to keep 'letting it ride' as i know i'll come unstuck sooner or later.

I've been looking at buying Pinballs since you could buy a TZ for $2-4k.

Still haven't pulled the trigger...one day.....

If/when I do things have changed in the decade or so that i've been "looking", now I'd buy a late model Stern.

Mine are Memories Purchases....trying the re-play my happy days in the arcades in the 80's. The sights and sounds of the select pinny's for me, make me feel "happy" in my older , grumpier age....Centaur, Paragon, Strikes and Spares !!!! and if I get around to restoring my Meteor, I will have other happy memories triggered ! Oh then Theme & el cheapo price...:D

I cant be bothered anymore with the used market so many sellers are delusional and unfortunately many buyers are conditioned now to pay more than what these used games are worth. If someone approaches me for a sale then I make an offer and leave it at that, no emotion in the deal whatsoever and have found these sellers the best to deal with. I understand why many prefer to buy NIB, even if they seem expensive new is new.

Impulse buying was easier in the younger years when the word "responsibilities" didn't have such importance or relevance.

These days I have an ever evolving short list of 5 pins I'd like to buy.

Try to keep 5K under the pillow to accommodate a quick purchase but living is expensive and quite often the 5K turns to dust.

Mine are all planned, I make sure I've played them enough to know I like the music, call outs etc. Theme is also really important and all the titles I now own are games I played when I was young, so I am re-living my youth.

However... RAZA could be the exception to the rule and possibly will be my first ever NIB. I am waiting with eager anticipation. If anyone has any experience buying a NIB pin overseas and bringing it to Australia I would love to hear from you...please PM me if you have so I can get some advice and begin planning my possible future purchase.

I cant be bothered anymore with the used market so many sellers are delusional and unfortunately many buyers are conditioned now to pay more than what these used games are worth.

This times 100. Delusional sellers is Exactly right. Well said.

I've been through the Russian roulette of purchasing without playing.

Win some loose some, dangerous.

I learned you need to play them first.

There are some pins I have enjoyed playing each time i get to play them.

They go on my bucket list.

Trick is, don't let the list get too big.