Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball- The come & get it Trophy.

I have it! Come and get it!

So per the rules it appears I need to let y'all know that I, esther/adania am now in possession of your precious trophy. (After repairing and ENHANCING it) i will be holding it for ransom in Portland Oregon until the time one of you intrepid Aussies crosses the pond to demand it back. You will have to defeat me or another one of Portland's Powerful Pinball Practitioners in flipper battle to earn its return. Good luck!

(Alternatively, I will send it to Pinburgh with a Portland pinpal for you or bring it with me myself to Cooly Classic/BM/Barn for your chance to win it back from me.)

The first photo of its journey to America. First stop, Cambridge, Waikato, NZ, where it seems slightly worse for wear, but in excellent company!

IMG_2584.thumb.jpg.93d02cd5a794c29ff5b926341e902ab1.jpg

EDIT: I have no idea why this is upside down! It appeared right side up everywhere until it posted!! Well, it'll be upside down in the northern hemisphere next week anyway! Ha!

Edit: Fixed pic.

comengetitOZ.thumb.jpg.f019ef445fdef18916658d23f5dc0d5c.jpg

Edited by toads
wtf upside down??

So per the rules it appears I need to let y'all know that I, esther/adania am now in possession of your precious trophy. (After repairing and ENHANCING it) i will be holding it for ransom in Portland Oregon until the time one of you intrepid Aussies crosses the pond to demand it back. You will have to defeat me or another one of Portland's Powerful Pinball Practitioners in flipper battle to earn its return. Good luck!

(Alternatively, I will send it to Pinburgh with a Portland pinpal for you or bring it with me myself to Cooly Classic/BM/Barn for your chance to win it back from me.)

I’m coming for it when I return to Portland! (Then I’ll bring it out to Pinburgh for one of you lot to snatch back.)

Make sure you guys get some pics for AA with it in front of some local landmarks while it is O/S.

Dave

Oh have no fear. I already have a few places in mind. I have league on Sunday evening only a couple hours after i arrive back in Portland, so if i make it in time, its first stateside appearance will be at East Side Delicatessen where my loyal teammates and i, The Pinball Outreach Project in Exile, will defend our home turf against the savage Hungry Tigers. If i do not make it in time, the Tuesday evening Flip City Weekly, or the Wednesday Belles & Chimes meets will be the next likely appearances.

There may even be one more sneaky gameroom visit before it leaves New Zealand...

This trophy is desired by many and so i had to withstand an attempt to keep it in New Zealand with a valiant effort on Taxi at an undisclosed, but perhaps familiar to some, Auckland location.

taxi.thumb.jpg.1e3e7d39acd2b70fc7fa2ddbcd28a7fc.jpg

Still haven't had a chance to enact any repairs, but we may try today with some spare window caulking... Any other suggestions for keeping the ball on?

Any other suggestions for keeping the ball on?

Drill a hole part way into the ball and put a screw of some kind through the base into it?

- - - Updated - - -

Or knock the threads off the end of a end of a bolt to a slight taper, knock into undersized hole in ball then attach bolt through base.

This trophy is desired by many and so i had to withstand an attempt to keep it in New Zealand with a valiant effort on Taxi at an undisclosed, but perhaps familiar to some, Auckland location.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125577[/ATTACH]

Still haven't had a chance to enact any repairs, but we may try today with some spare window caulking... Any other suggestions for keeping the ball on?

Static ball from a game like Theatre of Magic, drill a hole and bolt it there...

Okay, the ball has been shined up and reattached with Windshield sealant by my dear Cannonfodder. I then was able to take The Trophy to see the biggest little flippers I have ever seen, right by the Auckland Airport, on my way out of town, for one more (BIG) round of flipping.

BigFlipper01.thumb.jpg.871233b43973ebf2d65cb332f73915b6.jpg

No video upload huh? Or was the file just too big? Anyway, I also took proof that the flippers work. You pull back on them and release and they flip back to original position. Anyone wanna try a life-size game next time we're in NZ?

Now that I am back in the US, I'll try to find a good way to restore the top portion of the trophy. How about a hood ornament?

But first, a jaunt out to C Bar for tonight's Monthly Brewer's Series Competition.

CAGIT's first US visit: C Bar Monthly Brewers Series Tournament

Tonight it rode to C Bar on my bicycle for their Monthly Brewer's Series pinball tournament. I introduced it to a few locals, but didn't get any to pose for you yet. I think we'll fix it up first. http://rosecitypinball.com/c-bar/

CbarCAGItrophy.thumb.jpg.4b4f759750fa3196207eaff20c8390bb.jpg

Bonus points for recognizing any stickers on my bike!

CAGIT attends Flip City Weekly @ QW

So we started an hour late tonight, which gave me time to attempt to set up this shot. Difficult to find an angle showing the sign without it being blocked by streetsigns, etc. Flip City Weekly is a weekly three-strikes tournament that is held at a different public pinball venue around Portland each Tuesday evening. This week at Quarterworld Arcade. The only real challenge with tournaments here is that they do a tesla-coil show periodically which is so incredibly loud, most matches will take a break during the 15-20 minute show. https://flip.city/ http://www.quarterworldarcade.com/

CAGITqw.thumb.jpg.7f34f44f4f1dae6f7e35024417155354.jpg

Please fix the trophy, It sad to have it traveling the world & being broken. It's missing great photo opportunities not intact.

Hey, at least i got the ball back on before leaving NZ! I only just got back here on Sunday night, and have been leaving work early to make it to the two events so far! No time to fix more yet. But my hope is to do somthing this weekend. Unfortunately with a top put back on, it will no longer fit in my insulated lunchbag, which has been a great protective/carrying case for it since NZ so far...

Next visits could be league on Sunday night (i think my team is at home at East Side Delicatessen on Madison this weekend) and then next week's Flip City Weekly, which is at C Bar again... The next BIG event here is Portland Pinbrawl X at Ground Kontrol mid-April. I promise it will have some head on it again by then!

So we started an hour late tonight, which gave me time to attempt to set up this shot. Difficult to find an angle showing the sign without it being blocked by streetsigns, etc. Flip City Weekly is a weekly three-strikes tournament that is held at a different public pinball venue around Portland each Tuesday evening. This week at Quarterworld Arcade. The only real challenge with tournaments here is that they do a tesla-coil show periodically which is so incredibly loud, most matches will take a break during the 15-20 minute show. https://flip.city/ http://www.quarterworldarcade.com/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125938[/ATTACH]

Cool photo :laugh:

I get that sort of off to the side outlook when I have had one or two too many shots :bike2:

Esther @adania thanks for all the great posts and interesting tales to go with the pics. You have been doing a awesome job since taking over in NZ and are setting the bar quite high . Keep up the great work.👍 I'm following this thread with intrest.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Hey, at least i got the ball back on before leaving NZ! I only just got back here on Sunday night, and have been leaving work early to make it to the two events so far! No time to fix more yet. But my hope is to do somthing this weekend. Unfortunately with a top put back on, it will no longer fit in my insulated lunchbag, which has been a great protective/carrying case for it since NZ so far...

Next visits could be league on Sunday night (i think my team is at home at East Side Delicatessen on Madison this weekend) and then next week's Flip City Weekly, which is at C Bar again... The next BIG event here is Portland Pinbrawl X at Ground Kontrol mid-April. I promise it will have some head on it again by then!

You have calmer temperament than me, if I had got that message from Doug, it would have been kicked off the kerb onto the road under a truck and swept up into that lunch bag and posted back snail mail to Marnoo! :)

Please fix the trophy, It sad to have it traveling the world & being broken. It's missing great photo opportunities not intact.

Just a bit of Blu Tack holding it together for the photos should keep him happy...

@adania Ester great work. I thought it would be in great hands.

Take no notice of the cranky guy. Fix it when you get a chance. Realistically we were lucky to find it and to have people carry it all over the world and the condition just adds to the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have calmer temperament than me, if I had got that message from Doug, it would have been kicked off the kerb onto the road under a truck and swept up into that lunch bag and posted back snail mail to Marnoo! :)

HEY! I wasn't being rude I said "Please fix it" Not I bash you if you don't..I wrote that request as Please fix it, No malicious tone was in my post. You people are becoming to touchy feely with the greens I reckon..