Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 33 - Game 8 ~ Donkey Kong 3 (closes 15-Oct)

OOO

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TER_dkong3_2017-10-09_wolf190_179300.png.d514cbf51cae72a4ec549fb25f5e678e.png

Still losing a handful of lives on the 10th screen... mental block.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm...

registrate
[rej-uh-streyt]

verb (used without object), registrated, registrating.

1. to select and combine pipe organ stops.

Origin of registrate

Medieval Latin

1475-1485 First recorded in 1475-85, registrate is from the Medieval Latin word registrātus (past participle of registrāre). See register, -ate1

Hmm...

registrate
[rej-uh-streyt]

verb (used without object), registrated, registrating.

1. to select and combine pipe organ stops.

Origin of registrate

Medieval Latin

1475-1485 First recorded in 1475-85, registrate is from the Medieval Latin word registrātus (past participle of registrāre). See register, -ate1

Not sure what is going on there ... :017:

This isn't the MGL Crossword Puzzle Championships ... :101:

TER_dkong3_2017-10-10_wolf190_223400.png.609dccf1be5cd53ea8de66693ec75c09.png

Still struggling to play a decent game with no massive collapses - none on the 10th (small victory!), three on the 12th, four on the 16th screen this time.

I'm certain it's all a state of mind, but how to push through...?

That's probably it for me. At some stage in my deep, dark past I've scored 153,000 and the last 2 stupid (aren't they all?) deaths prevented me beating that score. Yes I know it's possible but I'm not motivated enough to continue playing :redface

dkon0002.png.b149ac03dc9f7beb86c6d5f681689a70.png

Reading up on the science of Egg Noodles. I can't believe this is cutting into my DK3 time. Market was out of my brand so I purchased another brand that says cook for 3 minutes, where my usual brand says cook for 12, both 12 oz bags. Conspiracy?

Well, time to boil these suckers to see what's what.

Update: Cooked them for 4 minutes to al dente, what can I say, they seem the same. Of course this is just the base to a more sophisticated dish. :) I just found that these are a tad unhealthier. Also they contain the yolk where my normal ones contain no yolks. Case closed.

Glad that's done and over with, back to Dk3.

Edited by creech77

Reading up on the science of Egg Noodles. I can't believe this is cutting into my DK3 time. Market was out of my brand so I purchased another brand that says cook for 3 minutes, where my usual brand says cook for 12, both 12 oz bags. Conspiracy?

Well, time to boil these suckers to see what's what.

Update: Cooked them for 4 minutes to al dente, what can I say, they seem the same. Of course this is just the base to a more sophisticated dish. :) I just found that these are a tad unhealthier. Also they contain the yolk where my normal ones contain no yolks. Case closed.

Glad that's done and over with, back to Dk3.

6MNTzCR.png

This is quite a hard game to give tips on, any questions from you guys?

I'll list a few things hopefully some are helpful but mostly obvious stuff

- clear the stage by spraying DK to the top or extermination all of the bugs

- super spray respawns when you die. It carries over each stage if you don't use it (even if it's on the ground)

- you want to be directly under a queen bee when shooting it.

- queen bees DONT pick up flowers

- you can stand on/over worms when they're shot.

The key to this game is not being too aggressive, don't stand on the top 2 platforms because you will die unless you're George Riley

If there's a bunch of bugs flying around try to avoid shooting a queen bee until its clear. Their explosion coupled with the needles from other bugs can cause much pain

On the first two stages you should be able to spray Kong up with the normal sprayer. Then use the super spray to boost through 3 and 4. Easy points and a good way to start

This game is actually quite similar to Galaga in that the bugs have pre determined flight paths, contrary to what you might think they don't fly around randomly :D

Efficiency is so important here. You should always be doing something, like shooting DK upwards to keep him from falling off the fines (you die when this happens) or shooting the worms up to keep them away from your platforms.

You should always be actively shooting something (no mashing either apart from when you have super spray)

Hope that helps, post is somewhat convoluted so I apologize for that

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Just got past level 6 for the first time without losing a life (alrighty!), didn't lose a life on level 10 (woohoo!), and lost seven lives on level 12.

I think I've noticed that my problems start when my peripheral starts to shrink, I get so focused one particular thing (getting the super sprayer at all costs after losing a life is a particular trap for me, kinda like doubling down) that I don't notice the dangers from... well, everywhere!

And lately I've been neglecting DK and letting him down the vines, which wasn't a problem before.

So losing focus is less a problem here, narrowed focus is my big problem. :realmad:

(maybe I should add that "smiley" to my signature until the end of MGL!)