Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Donkey Kong (King of AA)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Make that 3-0!!!!!!!!!

Graham Hawkins first killscreen with 933,600. He takes over 1st in NZ now.

VERY large for a first kill screen. Over 50k more than my game.

It will stay at 3 for a while now, I'm not aware of any other kiwis who even play the game

Make that 3-0!!!!!!!!! It will stay at 3 for a while now, I'm not aware of any other kiwis who even play the game

Three's better than none ... :)

Also, how about a little more detail on Graham's score. ie Where done, when, how many lives left, and when is he going to join AA and tell us about it, or is he too shy ... :laugh:

Did your recent KS inspire him to KS ASAP and get that 933,600 score? Fill us in.

Pass on my congratulations to Graham as well. Really great achievement!

He streamed it live tonight at http://www.twitch.tv/stormdata. The highlight can be found on his stream

He was absolutely CRUISING with 2 guys left late in the game. A very uncooperative pie factory stole one of his lives, and I think nerves got to him as he got hit by a spring on L19(?), late in the game anyway, so very understandable.

I think he was determined to get it now after I did, he really should have had it sooner but does not play that much.

Its great that he did achieve it, he is definitely a better DK player than I am (the score shows it) and it felt wrong sitting ahead of him on the rankings!

Edited by Barra

Jumped on Barra's stream tonight but he wasn't playing, but did notice he KS'ed Crazy Kong - nice work buddy. DKF really need to run a CK Off, I'm in for sure if they do it - need an excuse to play this game again and try to knock off 600k

Jumped on Barra's stream tonight but he wasn't playing, but did notice he KS'ed Crazy Kong - nice work buddy. DKF really need to run a CK Off, I'm in for sure if they do it - need an excuse to play this game again and try to knock off 600k

Thanks mate

I'd be keen for a CK off for sure. Its actually not as bad as people make it out to be. No idea about the point pressing though, I just ran through as quick as possible.

Not sure of my KS score - I think it was 560k or so.

Point pressing is limited in CK to the best of my knowledge - you need to bottom hammer and also use both hammers on the rivets - never got around to watching the WR INP. I'd like to break 600k one day, but I'm not likely to play it unless it comes up in a comp.

• 3 weeks later...

740k I'd say is about max with point pressing but it won't be good for tg as the techniques used are banned at the moment.

A ck off will happen but it's just a matter of logistics and other stuff, it will probably have a lot of bounties in it when it occurs to make it more fun for all,

It won't happen this year but hopefully it will be before the

No hammer march madness tourny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Think MAME is OK hope ArcadeSD is OK as well as about to spend a summer trying to live up to my name, not sure what the rom is on the 60-1

Before i picked up this cab the other day, I haven't played it in years.. My cab has a 39in1 and i have noticed that points do not always register so it is kind of annoying. I think i will pick up an ArcadeSD, as people have told me that it is the definitive edition. obviously not including original pcb's etc.

I keep getting stuck on the last rivet level on l04 :( .

Before i picked up this cab the other day, I haven't played it in years.. My cab has a 39in1 and i have noticed that points do not always register so it is kind of annoying. I think i will pick up an ArcadeSD, as people have told me that it is the definitive edition. obviously not including original pcb's etc.

I keep getting stuck on the last rivet level on l04 :( .

If you mean points don't always register playing DK, that is a normal known bug within the code. You can get to the top of the barrel boards jumping several barrels and not score a single point if you know how to get the timing right.

It was an issue with the hammer and barrels, i replaced the board and no longer have any issues.

Have any of you guys seen the Hank Chien and Robbie Lakeman videos posted by Arcade Impossible on youtube? I always find these kind of videos interesting, hearing the pro's speak about their gameplans and providing tips is awesome.

Here is the links to each video.

Hank Chien -

Robbie Lakeman -

It was an issue with the hammer and barrels, i replaced the board and no longer have any issues.

Have any of you guys seen the Hank Chien and Robbie Lakeman videos posted by Arcade Impossible on youtube? I always find these kind of videos interesting, hearing the pro's speak about their gameplans and providing tips is awesome.

If you are into DK like it seems you are, I'd suggest registering at DonkeyKongForum.COM - you'll find Hank, Robbie and pretty much all of the top DK players in the world who will help and support your game play.

I think I will have to check that website out. Thanks for posting it :). I have a big break over the next few months so I plan to push some scores back to where they were a few years ago.

I have a double donkey kong board on the way, but it seems they ain't recognized by most people which is a shame

I think I will have to check that website out. Thanks for posting it :). I have a big break over the next few months so I plan to push some scores back to where they were a few years ago.

I have a double donkey kong board on the way, but it seems they ain't recognized by most people which is a shame

Unfortunately Steve Wiebe isn't on DKF, otherwise you could ask him all about Double Donkey Kong boards :lol

So, this was my highest score since i started playing again in the last week or so ( after a many year break ), I find that its all starting to come back haha, i raged today because i kept getting stuck on the L04 elevator, everytime i run to the safe spot after a long spring i get crushed >.<. I always get there without losing a life and then i get slaughtered.

10818546_10152597233128731_257849299_n.jpg.3a9befc919d325640e61320b156c51e7.jpg

So, this was my highest score since i started playing again in the last week or so ( after a many year break ), I find that its all starting to come back haha, i raged today because i kept getting stuck on the L04 elevator, everytime i run to the safe spot after a long spring i get crushed >.<. I always get there without losing a life and then i get slaughtered.

Many including myself use MAME and SaveStates to practice the hideous L4 elevators. It works for some, not for me - I just can't get the hang of it. I just look for the short (or is it long) spring, run for the ladder and hope for the best.

Many including myself use MAME and SaveStates to practice the hideous L4 elevators. It works for some, not for me - I just can't get the hang of it. I just look for the short (or is it long) spring, run for the ladder and hope for the best.

Its weird, because some games the elevators i can just easily blast through them up to L6, perhaps i just got some unlucky springs.

I want to get back to 250k by the end of next week, so it's time to practice.

Man I have been away for far too long here. A great achievement @Barra and also to your fellow NZ players. Really inspiring me to get back into playing my DK cabinet and start producing some scores. I feel bad that it is just sitting there not getting used at the moment.

Also on another note, are we still running Kong Off? or we gave up on that?

Man I have been away for far too long here. A great achievement @Barra and also to your fellow NZ players. Really inspiring me to get back into playing my DK cabinet and start producing some scores. I feel bad that it is just sitting there not getting used at the moment.

Also on another note, are we still running Kong Off? or we gave up on that?

We probably should - maybe as an over XMas or early 2015 thing while people are still holidaying?

I'd really like to get back into it, hardly play it these days. I'm thinking I've maxed out my ability at 266k though - it was ridiculous how good Barra got at this game and so fast.

Thanks Pelly. Good to hear you are going to give that cab some use!! :)

I did dedicate a lot of time to this when I decided it was something I really wanted.

It certainly is a game you have to stick with, even when you hate it with a passion.

I'm in a tough spot mentally right now with this game. I want a million, but don't want to put the time into it. So many other great games to play!!

Theres a Kong off running sometime next year (maybe around March?), we should have an AA one to tie in with that. Gives people a good deal of time to practice too :)

• 2 weeks later...