Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kong Off III - AA King of Kong Official Thread

I'll have a game or two tonight hopefully, but probably more of a shot tomorrow since I play better first thing in the morning when I'm fresh.

Must update the leaderboard too, apologies to Kane, I thought I'd updated the scoreboard with his massive score - will do that tonight.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually a little dissappointed I didn't get further than this. I cracked 200k with 2 lives in hand but then lost them all pretty quickly. Was really hoping for over 300.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50430[/ATTACH]

Nice score... and that's me out of the top 3 :(

The game has a way of doing that to you, the number of times I've had great games going only for it to end 5 mins later GRRRR

Apparently Ms. Pac-Man did wonders for the number of female gamer's who would go to arcades in the 80's - I wonder if this was the original version of DK if this game would have been a predominantly bigger hit with the ladies and we'd seem some female killscreeners.

Are there ever any ladies playing in the MGL? Seems pretty male dominated.

There was a user called Amy who used to play in the MGL, and she even won MGLIV!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL_IV_Champion_25mm_zpsf74815cb.png

I was not a member back then, but I hope someone like DKong, who played back in those days,

could shed some light on what happened to her ...

Got the arcade machine setup again with the webcam, let's see if I play any better with real controls :rolleyes

My nephew is probably coming to stay tonight, so all good for him to play some old style arcade games and have about 20 episodes of The Simpsons recorded in case he gets bored with the arcade machine. Time for a quick game now which I'll stream, probably play some more games tonight... come on 300k

There was a user called Amy who used to play in the MGL, and she even won MGLIV!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL_IV_Champion_25mm_zpsf74815cb.png

I was not a member back then, but I hope someone like DKong, who played back in those days,

could shed some light on what happened to her ...

Amy ran quite a few MGLs back in the day. Also, she was a kick ass gamer! Think she whipped all of us on Gyruss.......

About to eat dinner, then home for some gaming - hopefully my Nephew is happy to play on the Bump 'n Jump cab or on his iPod Touch so I can get one or two decent games of DK in. Just under 24 hrs to go, haven't had nearly as many games as I'd hoped this time round :( Stupid work

Going to watch the Lions (hopefully) beat Melb at the Gabba tomorrow, so I won't be home when this finishes - scores will be accepted up until 6:30pm AEST tomorrow. Good luck to anyone trying for a last minute score upgrade.

FINAL RESULTS

Check back here for daily score updates

[table=width: 600, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Place[/td]

[td]Player[/td]

[td]Score[/td]

[td]Behind Leader[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]1[/td]

[td]kane[/td]

[td]529,200[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2[/td]

[td]Pelly[/td]

[td]238,000[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]3[/td]

[td]MameShane[/td]

[td]236,900[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]4[/td]

[td]ED_209[/td]

[td]230,000[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]5[/td]

[td]John73[/td]

[td]223,200[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]6[/td]

[td]Monsta Bonza[/td]

[td]218,600[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]7[/td]

[td]Nicko71[/td]

[td]218,000[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]8[/td]

[td]RMacauley[/td]

[td]168,500[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]9[/td]

[td]Jammasized[/td]

[td]140,100[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]10[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Time Up!

Congrats to Kane, the number one seed shows yet again he is heads and shoulders above the rest of the field.

Congrats to Pelly & MameShane for taking out the minor placings.

I'll organize with Arcade King to have you prizes (a/c upgrades) awarded in due course. Thanks to everyone for playing.

I'll start a new thread for discussions about the next MGL, probably later this week. We might have a bit of a break before it starts, I get the feeling that some people may be getting a bit burnt out - but we'll discuss that.

Congrats to Kane, the number one seed shows yet again he is heads and shoulders above the rest of the field.

Well done Kane and the rest of the participants.

Thanks lads. I'm felling pretty comfortable with the Kong games these days, obviously. One positive note for me was that I only had one death on the Spring screens over the whole 2 week comp :blink: