Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 5 ~ Ms Pac-man (closes 6-Jan)

Wow, you get 140K on the first attempt, which takes excellent and knowledgeable game play. You are very close to mastering the game, what are the missing pieces in your game when the ghosts only change direction after eating the power pellet?

grouping...don't know how to do it. I usually use a pellet to take out Blinky and clear that corner ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve always liked this game over PAC Man.

Not because I’m any better at it...I just think that it presents itself better [emoji846]

[ATTACH]140262[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

And it's not a SEGA game ... :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

Day 2 of 17 ...

GLZOb0m.png

:)

Funny story about this game from BITD.

Ms. pac-Man was the only arcade machine in a small neighborhood store right down the street from my elementary school. It was still a fairly new game at that time.

We used to go to this store to buy Swedish fish and Jolly Ranchers. To this day Swedish fish and watermelon jolly ranchers bring me back to this time in my life.

Anyway. At the end of the first intermission - the two ghosts bump into each other. When the bump occurs - one kid would always knock the monitor in the center.

I still do this or at least think of it every time I play.

[emoji16][emoji41]

New PB. First 2 boards were perfect and made it to the 2nd Junior board. Had some good random fruit but missing the 2nd banana ended up costing me a 100K+ score.

Even if I don't increase my score I'm happy with this. Would still like 100K though.....

mspacman.png.b3b924714d1ea8d5ae949f3e0b0fc69a.png

New PB. First 2 boards were perfect and made it to the 2nd Junior board. Had some good random fruit but missing the 2nd banana ended up costing me a 100K+ score.

Even if I don't increase my score I'm happy with this. Would still like 100K though.....

See, with increasing age like you keep mentioning, you can reach even better scores for new PBs ... and on a Pac game too!

:026:

- - - Updated - - -

Funny story about this game from BITD.

Ms. pac-Man was the only arcade machine in a small neighborhood store right down the street from my elementary school. It was still a fairly new game at that time.

We used to go to this store to buy Swedish fish and Jolly Ranchers. To this day Swedish fish and watermelon jolly ranchers bring me back to this time in my life.

Anyway. At the end of the first intermission - the two ghosts bump into each other. When the bump occurs - one kid would always knock the monitor in the center.

I still do this or at least think of it every time I play.

[emoji16][emoji41]

Good story. Video games like Ms Pac-man certainly are sweet. Every time I think of a Pac-man game, I think of WOKA, WOKA, WOKA. The sound of that action and the incessant chomp go hand in hand together.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

- - - Updated - - -

So fast...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140328[/ATTACH]

Yes it gets fast to faster to very fast, depending on what is left on the board to eat and what stage you are on. And playing at that pace for a long time is not easy at all.

- - - Updated - - -

36,840 - Within a hundred of my PB

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140325[/ATTACH]

Those 6 pellets are worth 60 points. Plus another 5 pellets on the next stage and it would have been a new PB. Insert coin ... :120:

You guys better appreciate the lengths I’m going to. Some of these games only run on my upright, which has a converted tv to jomac chassis. Not only wont it focus 100% but it seems to go screwy if the room temp is above about 27 degrees! Here is my ghetto cooling system for it :D

E616F86F-7970-4A97-A76D-7DE388806DB6.thumb.jpg.b3f68e807df041b3d24af29de82c7b95.jpg

Good score and glad you were able to get a game in. You must be recovering quickly as you beat my pb of 82k, Well done! :)

Thanks creech. Yeah, pretty easy game to play. I'm still in a neck brace for a while and can't move too much but Ms Pac only needs the stick and no buttons so I can cope with this one. 😁