Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Joker Poker Resto

I have tried to match the ply pieces under the cabinet to keep it looking original. I bought a 9mm sheet as suggested by a few members. But i can't get it looking good. May need to buy a router. Also repaired and filled some of the sanded cabinet today but lots to do still...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

You mean you can't get it straight after gluing?

A router is the best way, just set up a straight edge to run along and use a straight cutting bit to flush new to old, you may have to remove a little bit of the original to get it looking good.

Havent glued it yet. It just doesnt look right and the bunnings ply is crappy quality. It will be hidden under the cab so i might use oak instead even though it wont look the same. Will suss it later in the week. Thanks for your advice mate!

Havent glued it yet. It just doesnt look right and the bunnings ply is crappy quality. It will be hidden under the cab so i might use oak instead even though it wont look the same. Will suss it later in the week. Thanks for your advice mate!

Are you having trouble clamping it in position?

Spring clamps work the best

• 2 weeks later...

Good weather so got some more prep work done today.

Removed the door skin. It has a few dings in it. Looking at doing a swap over plus cash if anyone is interested. Or is there somewhere i can get it restored?d155a0a793e55c1fbef8b6724db1d0ae.jpgf3d81cac337f4f4f8a0a23920f927daa.jpgeb07dea3283bd77081d29ac923a46666.jpg

May be able to panel beat it out if your handy like that. Don’t order coin door stickers from over seas I have a bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already got stickers. I will try amd bash it out if i cant find a better one. Thanks for the advice

this may not help, but ......

the trouble is that a dent stretches the metal.

if the metal is thick enough and the dent not too big then flattening out and sanding/polishing can make it disappear.

a panel beater told me way back that he would heat the metal up, I mean real hot, and then put a wet towel over the panel to shrink it.

also when a door has been embossed it's tricky to sand and get the same even finish.

you could try this method, heating it up on some brick or cement sheeting and then pouring water over it.

isolating the heat will be tricky also as when you cool the door down it may warp/twist and end up worse.

You will only need to heat up if the door is “oil-canning” excessively

My door was not much different and it all polished out

The easiest way to shrink the metal and restore the tension in the door is to heat the centre section behind the sticker to get a red hot spot approx 20mm diameter, hold a dolly behind it and whack it with a hammer then cool rapidly with a wet rag

You may have to do this a few times but you will know when your done when the door stops oil canning

Bite the bullet and buy a new skin. With all the cabinet work you are doing it will bring the end result down for the sake of a few dollars more. This from experience as my nice blingy one arrived with a very good restored door but you can still see all the flaws especially up against the new cabinet artwork. Just my 2c worth. I know it’s nice to restore some things but sometimes it’s not the desired result. Let’s face it a shitty door will always bring down the look of the game.

Especially a restored one.

Oh and if you want it to really pop clear coat the cab after finishing. Awesome!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Na they only do the old ones as Rob said. I had my hopes up for a bit there... :(

Maybe try Herb Silvers. He does a heap of these restorations and has stock piled parts over the years. He might not be cheap though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Do i need to wetsand or dry sand before putting a clear on? Looks very nice

Finished fixing up the major dings on the cabinet yesterday. I like to leave some smaller signs of wear on the cab so it has some character as well as the number stamped on the front. 3 coats of zinsser undercoat on. c692254d326d60a78ac1ba1c6f08f1b2.jpg4ae3a63322396adfb3caa433b9e1e3cc.jpg