Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL3 to start January 16 - nominate your tables here

Driving me a tiny bit nuts :mad: if anyone can suggest a solution it would be much appreciated..

I was having the same issues with StevOz' LOTR table during VPGL2, posts #27 - #31 -> http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/69559-Vpgl2-game-6-lord-of-the-rings?p=866595#post866595

Don't think I ever got it to work with the ROM I wanted, renaming in the script would never work.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can email you my Rom, script and table if you want to try that. Shoot me your details in PM.

on a side note, I'd love to be a part of this, is there some way to determine which version of the tables people are using, ie physmod or std.

That is most kind, I will shoot you a pm. Thank you.

You're most welcome to join in. In past tourneys we have not played pm5 tables... I'll stipulate in each comp table when i post it, the version, rom, and standard settings ie number of balls, extra ball settings, and try to be as detailed as I can.

Cheers

J

Revised List

Congo

TOM

WCS94

Big Bang Bar

World Poker Tour

All Physmod!

Are all these available in pm5 in both desktop and full screen? If so then I don't see any problem with playing pm5 versions.

If you want to check and let me know, I'll add to the list.

Ps wcs94 already nominated. Please check first post for current nomination list :)

Meh...as someone that actually knows the various VP builds, how they work and actually uses the editor to create new tables, I'd say it should be open to all the latest builds VP9+ and above for whatever table is nominated.

A PM5 can play better it can also be a dogs breakfast as can be said of any of the VP9+ built tables, new and shiny does not always mean better, more realistic or otherwise, especially if you know PM5 is a test build and know the actual differences...

I'd take PM5 for most tables over any VP9+. There are the very few exceptions. I have even converted a few myself as the flipper accuracy under old VP9 is just......meh.

So you infer you should have no problem competing against others using supposed 'inferior' VP9+ build releases of the same table, so why exclude that option?

Firstly, 'inferior' is your term which has no bearing on weather a high score is more or less likely. That's not even a logical statement.

Secondly I didn't exclude VP9 as an option, again your words.

Edited by Lazarus

Everyone will have different pc builds, frame rates, cab vs desktop etc etc :) all in good fun.

Some of the PM5 table settings are horrible. I spend quite a while messing about with them to get a nice 'natural' feel. I have STTNG running beautifully. Having played the genuine one for years and many hundreds of games I am bloody happy with my settings! Very enjoyable.

Would you consider Sharing some of your tuned tables? Perhaps we could/should start a new thread if enough people were I nterested in sharing...

This is a good idea.... post away in the main Visual Pinball forum !

On the subject of what versions of a table are played - as in VPGL1 + VPGL2, the standard, non-tweaked or tuned table should be played. Everything default. That is, no user settings or changes. The idea is to put people on as close to an even footing as possible for the same format ie desktop or Full Screen.

We haven't played PM5 tables in the past but that doesn't mean we shouldn't, I'll treat this on a table by table basis depending on what the random generator spits out of a fortnight... The idea though is to just have a bit of fun and not worry too much about it. But as in all tourneys there does needs to be some rules. so whatever you see in the table's first post - just go along with that :)

First two tables will be posted fairly shortly....

Would you consider Sharing some of your tuned tables? Perhaps we could/should start a new thread if enough people were I nterested in sharing...

Roger that. I will get onto it over the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

How many ppl have we got for VPGL3?

Worth mentioning it in a couple of other threads? In case members only look at their favourite pages?

Roger that. I will get onto it over the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

How many ppl have we got for VPGL3?

Worth mentioning it in a couple of other threads? In case members only look at their favourite pages?

Could be.. Most of the keener vpinners know about the section though. We're a small comp maybe 5-10 players max. I tried posting a thread on vpforums before VPGL2 hoping for some internationals to join in but nothing yet. It's all good though, a few or many... I find I play my vpin heaps more with a comp on which is cool.

I've random generated the first two tables but just waiting for a moderator to create a new sub forum for VPGL3...then we're off and running :)