Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 22 - Game 6 ~ Rainbow Islands ~ [FINISHED]

OOO

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

306,020 to 953,550 in one day ... still don't like this game?

:)

Yes, yes I do =(

Brad

Brad

"Is this game growing on you now little fella?" ... asks the little Leprechaun ... :laugh:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Leprechaun50percent_zps437991bb.gif

Where there's a rainbow there's ...

Edited by OOO

• Administrators

LOL OOO.

No I have to say I still truly don't enjoy the game. The controls get me a lot, usually when I"m trying to be tricky when moving and I accidentally move up a rainbow thereby making me run into an enemy

Brad

Brad for you to be inexperienced with this game and hate it, getting 1.5 million is a massive achievement. You sure are versatile. There's no way I can't learn a game that quick, this and Bubble Bobble are two games I actually have played regularly for years.

Yeah @Brad ...a little too good lol. Well done, great score.

• Administrators

Well to be honest I used to play this a fair bit on either the Amiga or C64, can't remember which but I haven't played it in years.

I don't find the game exceptionally hard once you understand the enemy moves. You can kill them pretty easy. The key is trying to get bonuses etc to increase your score. For instance in that score I got a bonus that made it rain moneybags and everyone you collect gave me 10,000 points.

For me the hard part of this game is the movement up on levels where the only method is to use the rainbows. Add in moving enemies and I just bleed lives. I watched a youtube vid of some guy getting 75 million or so and all the tricks he uses I couldn't get close too. I just try to end each level and see how I go. Once you get the shoes and 3 rainbow shot, it makes it a fair bit easier but I cannot seem to get the diamonds in order so the bonus secret rooms will be out of my reach unless I luck out over the weekend sometime.

Cheers,

Brad

OK, time to up the ante ...

Took a pic of dmworking247 playing one of his favourite games ... striking similarity right ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Rainbow_Islands_player_Bub_zpsa54ba2ee.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/RainbowIslands3_zps36bed409.png

I am a big fan of a decent cake ... here's one to share around ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Rainbow_Islands_big_item_cake2_zps16879ae4.png

(I noticed Brad ate a little more than outrun86!)

3 days to go ... :035:

Finally broke the 1 million barrier. :cool:

In another game I managed to get the diamonds in order, without even realizing I'd done it. :D

I got to the helicopter boss and there was a door. :blink:

Inside there was a big diamond and a big red vase/jug/pot, what ever it is.

It gave me permanent double rainbows. :cool:

83174352_rbisland1148230.png.04c444554bf46ff9fc8abb11a3e0dcb9.png

Reached the same level as last MGL but way less points, so I must have forgotten all the secrets and bonuses.

This is such an infuriating game sometimes, whoever came up with the idea for rainbows as a weapon is one evil bastard!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69677[/ATTACH]

I must have another game at this tomorrow before it ends and post a score........I have had a couple of games and enjoyed them, I really like the controls for this and to me the difficulty progression is just right.

I'm always busy....now I'm on holidays (and doing work experience elsewhere ;)) I'm still busy, but mindful that I need a break, and I need to get everything sorted for the Head 2 Head Meet..........so unfortunately MGL takes a backseat again. After I crack the mill on defender MGL will get more attention.

I have been trying to achieve this but I never seem to be able to get the red gem first

First of all you doubled your score which is tremendous (338,760 to 685,980), then if you can get the gems in order, well ... :rolleyes