Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 34 - Game 10 ~ Sinistar (closes 21-Jan)

OOO

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_6434a.thumb.jpg.aebbbe81801961c20d9702e6cd29d86c.jpg

Sorry, I was trying to get a decent pic of the initial entry screen and it timed out before getting the F in. Played this on a JROK Multi-WMS pcb (in a Robotron cab). It's sideways, but you can map the controls so they play properly. Using an 8-way though instead of a 49-way. Other than that, it plays pretty well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122661[/ATTACH]

Sorry, I was trying to get a decent pic of the initial entry screen and it timed out before getting the F in. Played this on a JROK Multi-WMS pcb (in a Robotron cab). It's sideways, but you can map the controls so they play properly. Using an 8-way though instead of a 49-way. Other than that, it plays pretty well.

Plz Fred with the excuses :)

Good score sir. And Creech and Flip too. Destroying the 2nd Sinistar is boss.

But I persist... less coward, more single-bloody-mindedness I suppose?

:045:

- - - Updated - - -

Is littlebigredbird the only junior player this time @OOO ?

In MGLXXXIV, littlebigredbird is currently the star of the junior gamers. JackS and JoeyS posted scores in Games 1 and 2.

Paperboyhunter and Dom last played in MGLXXXII and JROutrun86 hasn't posted a score since MGLXXIX.

So the little young lady is at the top! ... :024:

I saw an earlier post about changing the dead zone of the joystick. How do you do that?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Front end I use (emuloader) has a slider for it, so I adjusted it there; or it's under # CORE INPUT OPTIONS in the Mame ini or Sinister.ini

It helped make the Joystick I'm using feel a little less sensitive & get the acute angles a little better, but this is not a general purpose joystick I wouldn't dream of using it for most games, too sloppy.

Front end I use (emuloader) has a slider for it, so I adjusted it there; or it's under # CORE INPUT OPTIONS in the Mame ini or Sinister.ini

It helped make the Joystick I'm using feel a little less sensitive & get the acute angles a little better, but this is not a general purpose joystick I wouldn't dream of using it for most games, too sloppy.

Thanks!

I found it under the mame.ini at work. Will look for it in both places on my home cab.

Finally killed the 3rd Sinistar :) .... on not a particularly high scoring game.... of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122833[/ATTACH]

EDIT: A few games later & I accidentally got the 255 lives bug. I thought it must of been fixed for this rev. but it seems not.

Still got a mil off 1 credit, so take that you Sinistar twat! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122834[/ATTACH]

EDIT2: After playing on through quite a few more zones, it's clear the big problem with this game is the steep difficulty curve

it doesn't really get that much harder than zone 3 & somehow the first VOID ZONE didn't seem to hard, did it losing just 1 life I think!

Difficulty ranges from 0-9 so 5 is actually on the hard side, on 0 the difficulty curve is much better balanced, got 185k on my one attempt.

Well i'm sure you've all had enough of my ramblings on this game, don't worry I'll give up at 6:55pm on Sunday :)

Edited by SectionZ

Day 15 of 17 ...

Daniel Larsen takes a very slender lead, closely followed by Sean Clough ...

R5L9nER.png

Friend or foe, who's to know? ... Sinistar!

N8l39uB.png

Only 2 days to go until this game is closed.

Only 2 days to go until MGLXXXIV is COMPLETED.

Edited by OOO

Ok sorry putting something up late again for this MGL I have never played this before and I can tell u I love it wish I'd had some more time with it 20180120_175725.thumb.jpg.73c7846f3a7eba897c950bc021b96dc6.jpg50970 @bigredbird paperboy my son goes away at xmas time so no point for him but hopefully he will be a good boy and join little red next MGL

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app