Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tournaments at Flipout 2018 - December 1 & 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great weekend. I can't express how much fun I had and how well everything ran. It takes a lot to run this with all the additional things that were going on as well and it worked. Thanks to all the organisers, people who moved all the machines, those who provided machines and the players. I know this is certainly on my list of events for next year. Thanks again for the fantastic weekend.

Well the Melbourne Silverball Tournament and Flip Frenzy is done for 2018. There was alot of new things we had to learn on the fly including the main tournament software (Drains Tournament Manager), the flip frenzy software (matchplay) and new streaming gear (too much to mention) but the tournament crew did an amazing job of making sure the player experience came first. The list of improvements for next year is way too long to mention but it will be run even better next year - and hopefully on time!! Thanks to everyone for coming and playing and thanks to everyone running the comps!!!

Also well done to RGR for winning the main comp A division and pocketing over $900, Ted Woods for winning the B Division and winning just shy of $400 and Wal Dickie for winning the Flip Frenzy and pocketing $650. Also thanks to runner ups whom all shared in prize money of $3000!!

2019 will be bigger and better!!

Well the Melbourne Silverball Tournament and Flip Frenzy is done for 2018. There was alot of new things we had to learn on the fly including the main tournament software (Drains Tournament Manager), the flip frenzy software (matchplay) and new streaming gear (too much to mention) but the tournament crew did an amazing job of making sure the player experience came first. The list of improvements for next year is way too long to mention but it will be run even better next year - and hopefully on time!! Thanks to everyone for coming and playing and thanks to everyone running the comps!!!

Also well done to RGR for winning the main comp A division and pocketing over $900, Ted Woods for winning the B Division and winning just shy of $400 and Wal Dickie for winning the Flip Frenzy and pocketing $650. Also thanks to runner ups whom all shared in prize money of $3000!!

2019 will be bigger and better!!

Thank you for running everything it went so smoothly from a players prospective sorry for all the hugs too lol

Super event, well run, great format. Up there with the best of the year in fact. All the games held up well. Thanks to Marty, Stu, David, Stacey, Luke for running/helping out. Certainly will look forward to the next one. Great to catch up with the interstaters as well. Edited by RGR

Thanks to all involved in putting this together! ... An Awesome weekend had by all of us making the trip from SA, it was a truly great event ... we will see you back there again next year!

833511064_2018-12-0202_01_41.jpg.1748c0bf368ae36375a7f947d22ecdbd.jpg

Andrew Mathews, Razorsedge, Dave Marshall, Chris Dobz, Rocket Papish, Digger and Chaza!

Good on ya Chaz, bringing home one of those trophies! :D

734849572_2018-12-0315_29_55.thumb.jpg.1e6eab02be904bee8aa64443b5ba75f1.jpg

Cheers!

While I am known as the 'comp hater' I have to say the coverage of the comp was fantastic!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and knowing the money and effort you put in Marty was what made me subscribe, and I am a tight arse! :laugh:

David's commentary was simply amazing as well.

Brilliant Job to all!

Haha Chaz. Yes Marty had the pronunciation perfected. Well done to all of the organisers of the event. We all had an absolute blast. Very impressive line up of pinnies, special mention to those that contributed machines for us to enjoy. Tournament was run really well and ran smoothly. The use of the app to select and que your next machine during qualifying worked very well. The streaming and commentary quality was exceptional. Im sure we will all be back again next year!!

B26E3894-36DD-42F1-9765-8CAAE1120754.thumb.jpg.8a6a36fd55819df6238a40ccb0911ada.jpg

0174FDDE-B40B-4A77-8170-E6096D5A0F16.thumb.jpg.b170075f1e17f9cb5e9ca39b7bfbb7b5.jpg

Really massive thanks to Wayne for putting on the event. For just 2 show days months of very hard work went in to putting it on and as we spoke many times a week during those months I was aware of all the crazy logistical nightmares he went through and was an amazing effort. So thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha Chaz. Yes Marty had the pronunciation perfected. Well done to all of the organisers of the event. We all had an absolute blast. Very impressive line up of pinnies, special mention to those that contributed machines for us to enjoy. Tournament was run really well and ran smoothly. The use of the app to select and que your next machine during qualifying worked very well. The streaming and commentary quality was exceptional. Im sure we will all be back again next year!!
What rocket said. All in the name of good fun and we appreciate everyone who contributed in some way or form. A+[emoji108][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

A great event that is predominately run by people volunteering time and effort, of course Wayne’s machine’s help too…

Marty, David, Stu, Stacey, Luke etc who's great work in running the comps made for a seamless well run events. Well done to all involved.